FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[help!] best song for broken hearted!

jfussion
guys can you share a song for broken hearted? thanks a lot!
deanhills
Difficult to suggest a song, but these were ones that worked for me .... Smile

or

iyepes
It depends... if you want to cut your veins or you want to recover from that.

This is an honest song for a break up.

menino
One of the songs, that I like, for broken hearts is

- all american rejects - move along
- Jimmy Eat World - the middle

also for Christmas season, I guess it would be
- George Michael - Last Christmas
- Kelly Clarkson - Since you've been gone

Hope any of the above work for you
jfussion
thanks alot masters for sharing your insights about this topic..It will help.. I hope I can recover!Sad...
watersoul
iyepes wrote:
It depends... if you want to cut your veins or you want to recover from that.

This is an honest song for a break up.

Brilliant choice!
i don't care if they are way older than I am but the blonde girl in Abba still does it for me, she is a totally sexy vixen in my eyes Smile ...and you're right, the song is an 'honest' break-up track.
marea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaZWQHzfGXs&feature=youtu.be

Backstreet Boys - Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely

I think the touchy song i ever heard off...
ayour
Listen to this Kelly Clarkson , Since you've been gone or backstreet boys , show me the meaning of being lonly
Nintendo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdc3RdXoFwA

I'll never forget her...
Ankhanu
This one is quite bitter...

There are some harsh lyrics.

I've only had one breakup... married my second girlfriend, and we've been together about a decade now. This song encapsulates all the bitterness you might feel towards your ex, lets you hold it violently for a moment and throw it away... letting you get on with your life and remember what you had without resentment for whatever happened that caused it to die.

Best to confront those negative feelings, deal with them and leave them behind, I say.
tomisme
Try this. Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdopMqrftXs
gandalfthegrey
David Gray (or Soft Cell) - "Say Hello Wave Goodbye"
The Greg Kihn Band - The Break-up Song
John Waite - Missing You
Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
Cee-Lo Green - ****** You
sketteksalfa
try to search a songs that can help you to forget that you are broken heart!!
there's a lot of songs that can help you to move up!!!
deanhills
sketteksalfa wrote:
try to search a songs that can help you to forget that you are broken heart!!
there's a lot of songs that can help you to move up!!!
There certainly are songs that can make you happy, but who wants to listen to a happy song when they are hurting like heck? I think people should allow to be unhappy and listen to unhappy songs, and then hopefully work there way out of it gradually. It will sort it self out eventually as it is meant to do, as on average there is always a balance of a kind. Eventually one gets into the happy vibe again.
Nintendo
I totally agree with deanhills. The only way to get over how you feel is to accept it and communicate it. not to ignore it and pretend it isn't there.
IceCreamTruck
I am bottom posting, but I will go back and read people's posts later, but this is important!

The best song I know of for a broken heart is Paul Simon's 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover

This sounded like an emergency, so here's the song

IceCreamTruck
tomisme wrote:
Try this. Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdopMqrftXs

What if your ex was a beatles freak like mine was? Please put a title associated with these types of posts in the future. I know you didn't intend this, but you were trying to help here, and only reminded me of a painful situation. I know you didn't mean this, but I'm telling you so you know I would not have clicked that link if I knew it was beatles.
IceCreamTruck
Ankhanu wrote:
lets you hold it violently for a moment and throw it away...

Getting in touch with the bitterness is a really bad idea and could encourage emotional overload that could produce a confusing situation in which things happen that one is sorry for later.

Avoid identifying yourself with someone else, and realize that you are the same with or without that person -- try that instead. I feel your words are decidedly bad advice, Ankhanu!
Ankhanu
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:
lets you hold it violently for a moment and throw it away...

Getting in touch with the bitterness is a really bad idea and could encourage emotional overload that could produce a confusing situation in which things happen that one is sorry for later.

Avoid identifying yourself with someone else, and realize that you are the same with or without that person -- try that instead. I feel your words are decidedly bad advice, Ankhanu!

I dunno man, bitterness, anger and resentment are all part of a break up, in almost all cases. Most people, I find, tend to clutch onto these feelings, along with the feeling of loss, and refuse to let go, holding on for years on end. In the end, this can only rot you away on the inside. My advice is to recognize these thoughts and feelings, see them for what they are, and then release them. Don't take them with you as baggage.

I think this is VERY good advice, and advice that more people would do well to heed. I know too many people that remember their past relationships with anger, when they had some rather good times with the other person, but they focus on the pain of the break up or a singular event and are incapable of remembering the good they shared. Getting the bitterness out of the way lets you look back on what you had without clouded vision, to remember what you enjoyed and understand why it had to end... to accept it for what it was, and what it's made you.

I did not suggest (or intend to infer) that one should lash out with bitterness, I meant what I suggested as a private, personal experience, not as a social/interpersonal outlet. Confronting one's own bitterness should not lead to embittered interaction with the other party; it should be a personal experience to allow one to move on. Of course, that requires a fair bit of personal honesty, which is something that a lot of people aren't too keen on.

IceCreamTruck wrote:
Avoid identifying yourself with someone else, and realize that you are the same with or without that person -- try that instead.

It's not an "instead", it's basically the same advice Wink
IceCreamTruck
You're talking about the denile, anger, acceptance portion of the process people go through in hard times.

I see how you have personal steps to getting over things, but I think "your way" needs to be labelled as such, and I think you should be more careful when encouraging people who could sink past their own ability to come back out of the problem, and would technically only result in a depression of sorts for that person, but it's different for you because you seem to have a mechanism that allows you to bounce back if you go too low... be aware that not everyone has this.

Some people who go down or focus on the negative have a hard time recovering. That's all I'm saying. You could have said the same thing, but approach from telling people what you do to settle your issues... don't assume it's good advice for them too, just share your way.

I just wanted you to be more careful, and you should have also avoided the word "violent" in this case completely. Substitute "intense feeling" instead and avoid using the word violent to describe "intense" feeling or emotions... assume death and destruction with this word which has no place here. If this guy is more vulnerable than you then that seed could grow, and we don't want that kind of thing happening.
Ankhanu
IceCreamTruck wrote:
You could have said the same thing, but approach from telling people what you do to settle your issues... don't assume it's good advice for them too, just share your way.

Isn't this an unstated, understood aspect of advice in general... that the advice is based on "our way"? Isn't this what you're doing right now? You did not offer up that your song/method was just your method... you offered it up as general advice... it's something that works for you... it's understood that this is yours and it may not apply for others. Same with my suggestion.

Obviously there are no absolutes in how people deal with heartbreak or other aspects of being a social organism... any advice we offer is given from our own perspectives and, as always, ymmv....

IceCreamTruck wrote:
I just wanted you to be more careful, and you should have also avoided the word "violent" in this case completely. Substitute "intense feeling" instead and avoid using the word violent to describe "intense" feeling or emotions... assume death and destruction with this word which has no place here. If this guy is more vulnerable than you then that seed could grow, and we don't want that kind of thing happening.

I think the word violent is apt, actually. Many often feel strong negative emotions in their bitterness; anger, rage, frustration. I chose violent consciously, metaphorically... the image of getting those feelings out in one torrent, and being done with them... like a volcanic eruption. The violence of the eruption serves to generate new earth once it cools, a strong bed from which new life might spring. Death, in many symbolic terms, represents a new beginning... it's not all doom and gloom.

Obviously we don't know what's going on with that individual, nor exactly where they stand in terms of emotional fortitude, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't offer up our best advice when it is requested. My best advice is to get past the anger, rage and bitterness and find happiness in your life. It is good advice, even if you don't advocate it.
IceCreamTruck
Ankhanu wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
You could have said the same thing, but approach from telling people what you do to settle your issues... don't assume it's good advice for them too, just share your way.

Isn't this an unstated, understood aspect of advice in general... that the advice is based on "our way"? Isn't this what you're doing right now? You did not offer up that your song/method was just your method... you offered it up as general advice... it's something that works for you... it's understood that this is yours and it may not apply for others. Same with my suggestion.

Obviously there are no absolutes in how people deal with heartbreak or other aspects of being a social organism... any advice we offer is given from our own perspectives and, as always, ymmv....

IceCreamTruck wrote:

I think the word violent is apt, actually. Many often feel strong negative emotions in their bitterness; anger, rage, frustration. I chose violent consciously, metaphorically... the image of getting those feelings out in one torrent, and being done with them... like a volcanic eruption. The violence of the eruption serves to generate new earth once it cools, a strong bed from which new life might spring. Death, in many symbolic terms, represents a new beginning... it's not all doom and gloom.

Obviously we don't know what's going on with that individual, nor exactly where they stand in terms of emotional fortitude, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't offer up our best advice when it is requested. My best advice is to get past the anger, rage and bitterness and find happiness in your life. It is good advice, even if you don't advocate it.

This is insanity. Way off topic, and, I feel, distracting from the topic and good responses. My only regret is saying anything to you, because I can gather from other threads that you are an inconsiderate jerk, and you're full of yourself.

So many arguments with you are started because you think people are talking to you when they are not -- actually doing so here was a mistake I will not make again as I am being considerate of the OP topic, and the fact that you and I aren't with it any more.
jmlworld
I find Rascal Flatts and Enrique Iglesias songs more touching. Also you can try Iris and Hoobastank. The embedded song below is called "While You Loved Me" by Rascal Flatts.

The movie in the song above is Sweet November, one of my all time favourite movies, starred by Charlize Theron and Keanu Reeves.
sauravdaga1
Dude get outrageously drunk with ur buddies..trust me the pain will be a bit less..somehow the heartbreaks make alcohol taste even better....