FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't Start Up Internet Explorer

gangstermo12
Ok I don't know what happened but now I can't start up IE going to the shortcut on the quick launch bar or under the Programs in the Start Menu. When I click the short cut the cursor changes to the hour glass for a short bit then nothing happens. Internet Explorer will start up if I open up a bookmark though. Can someone tell me what happened? Thanks.
Marcuzzo
check if the process is running in the task manager.
jmfernandez
If you're unable to start your Internet explorer try to re-install it. If you don't want to reinstall it for some other reason, try to download other browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc. It is lighter program than IE. When you're using Google Chrome, try to delete the Temporary Internet Files. In some cases, if your temporary folder is full your browser might not work properly. Delete cookies, history, data, etc. This will remove and clean files so that your IE will work fine.
watersoul
gangstermo12 wrote:
Ok I don't know what happened but now I can't start up IE going to the shortcut on the quick launch bar or under the Programs in the Start Menu.

Why would you want to start up IE?!
Seriously speaking though, use Firefox I say, you'll never look back at Microsofts accursed browser again! Wink
gabrielcastillo
Sounds like malware!!

Check you puter with malwarebytes.

Then goto you internet options and delete cookies and temp files.

Also get tuneup utilities or something that will allow you to clean up your registry. Registry is dangious if you dont know what your doing so dont touch anything yourself. Use tuneup utilities.. Ive been using that one for a while and works great.

Do a virus scan as well.. use a real AV not norton or mcafee. NOD32 is great AVG pro is good too.

hope this helps.