FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

world's end?

kamran622
Is our mother earth going to end in 2012 ... is everyone believing in it???? Question
deanhills
The world can end tomorrow as well, but probably not! Maybe better not to think about it, and just enjoy life as best as you can.
ocalhoun
kamran622 wrote:
Is our mother earth going to end in 2012 ...

I'd put the odds at 1:182,500,000,000 that the world will end on a specified day in 2012.
Quote:
is everyone believing in it???? Question

No, very few people believe it.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
I'd put the odds at 1:182,500,000,000 that the world will end on a specified day in 2012.
Sounds very scientific, mathematical and impressive ..... how did you get to the number? Shocked Very Happy
Bikerman
ocalhoun wrote:
Are you using degrees or radians in that calculation? I've just run it through the Bosmology United Logistic Logarithmic Stocastic Heuristic Integrated Tabulator - and I get 1:182,626,000,000. I think maybe you didn't sum the belief tensor with the credulity index to arrive at the PCB...?
ocalhoun
Bikerman wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
Are you using degrees or radians in that calculation? I've just run it through the Bosmology United Logistic Logarithmic Stocastic Heuristic Integrated Tabulator - and I get 1:182,626,000,000. I think maybe you didn't sum the belief tensor with the credulity index to arrive at the PCB...?

^.^
Yeah... uh... sure, that's what I did...

(#of days the world will end : #of days in 5 billion years = (very approximate) estimate of the likelihood of the world ending on a given day.)
aifm
What's going on with this movie? true???? Question
emanuel2
I thought the world ended in 2000, so how could it possible end in 2010? Seriously, I don't think anyone (with some mind) believes that maya/inka theory. If I am wrong... who cares Smile
ocalhoun
aifm wrote:

Yep, it's actually a secret conspiracy -- the fact that every fictional movie is true.

Pirates of the Caribbean? Really happened.
Avatar? The government doesn't want you to know what they do to get unobtanium.
MIB? Where do you think the government got the ships and equipment in Avatar?
The Matrix? All of the above doesn't matter anyway, it's all a computer simulation.
Rolling Eyes
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
^.^
Yeah... uh... sure, that's what I did...

(#of days the world will end : #of days in 5 billion years = (very approximate) estimate of the likelihood of the world ending on a given day.)
Aha ..... so it was an Ocalhoun year 2012 algorithm? Very Happy
The_unnamed_label
ocalhoun wrote:
aifm wrote:

Yep, it's actually a secret conspiracy -- the fact that every fictional movie is true.

Pirates of the Caribbean? Really happened.
Avatar? The government doesn't want you to know what they do to get unobtanium.
MIB? Where do you think the government got the ships and equipment in Avatar?
The Matrix? All of the above doesn't matter anyway, it's all a computer simulation.
Rolling Eyes

HAHA YEAH!!! and Gnomes inspired Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet!!
Wink Shocked (just seen the Gnomeo and Juliet trailer again... oh well....)
mengshi200
This point should be come from maya canlender.this is not afraid .because maya canlender is fault .so 2012 earth disaster is only legend.
---------------

The Maya civilization is a Mesoamerican civilization, noted for the only known fully developed written language of the pre-Columbian Americas, as well as its art, architecture, and mathematical and astronomical systems. Initially established during the Preclassic period, many of these reached their apogee of development during the Classic period (c. 250 CE to 900 CE), and continued throughout the Postclassic period until the arrival of the Spanish. At its peak, it was one of the most densely populated and culturally dynamic societies in the world.
the-guide
Just read...

44 failed & 1 ambiguous end-of-the-world
predictions that were to occur between 30 & 1920

http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl2.htm

Library of Date Setters of
The End of the World!!!
Over 200 predictions and counting!
Yes the end is coming, but all human predictions are wrong!

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

And lastly, End of the World is clearly January 19, 2038 not 2012!

Will a comet really hit earth in 2038?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070625092024AARpbW2

WHAT'S THE NEXT?

deanhills
the-guide wrote:
Quote:
And lastly, End of the World is clearly January 19, 2038 not 2012!
Sounds almost like a plan B, just in case 2012 fails? Guess people like that have to watch it before it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy Very Happy
inuyasha
You must be a Chinese, I suppose. I've posted a topic titled "Why is the movie 2012 believed to be true?" before...
That's just a movie, not a prediction based on science.
silver67
The only thing that is happening near the time that '2012' the disaster is happening is a changing of the Earth's magnetic poles. They are going to switch locations: North will become South and South North.

Having the poles in their current places is beneficial because it creates a magnetic field around the Earth that can protect us from solar emissions (solar flares). These are random ejections of massive amounts of energy from the sun that float through space and eventually dissipate. Normally these are harmless to our existence because either they aren't in our direction or the magnetic field protects us from them.

But that protection will be gone while the poles are changing. There is a small window while the Earth's magnetic field will be down for a solar flare to occur and toast all of us to a nice crisp.

The good thing, if it can be said to be good, is that if this did actually occur, no one would know or be able to act. We would die pretty quickly as the energy in the particles rips through our dna.
deanhills
silver67 wrote:
The good thing, if it can be said to be good, is that if this did actually occur, no one would know or be able to act. We would die pretty quickly as the energy in the particles rips through our dna.
That sounds like a pretty nice way to die. That has to be the good part of it then? Not fully facing our own death, before we know it, we're gone? We've got to exit some time anyway. Smile

Let's say however we survive this switch in magnetic poles, looks as though the whole of the geography of the world will have to be rewritten, and wonder how that is going to mess up the weather and everything else of the world?
silver67
@ deanhills

I don't really know everything that will change. Obviously the poles will have switched so our compasses will all be facing the opposite direction but we can just use GPS instead. As for changes in weather I doubt anything serious if anything at all. All that the shifting of the poles means is that the metal in the core of the Earth has shifted, and the magnetic field moved accordingly.

But we can only at most speculate or make educated guesses from the past. We'll just have to wait for Dec 21, 2012 to find out what'll happen to us!
deanhills
silver67 wrote:
@ deanhills

I don't really know everything that will change. Obviously the poles will have switched so our compasses will all be facing the opposite direction but we can just use GPS instead. As for changes in weather I doubt anything serious if anything at all. All that the shifting of the poles means is that the metal in the core of the Earth has shifted, and the magnetic field moved accordingly.

But we can only at most speculate or make educated guesses from the past. We'll just have to wait for Dec 21, 2012 to find out what'll happen to us!
Well for starters the winters and summers will be in different months of the year. Xmas will be when it is at its hottest in the Northern Hemisphere. The tropics may be switched as well? So depending where your city is, the difference in climate and weather may be very noticeable.
silver67
deanhills wrote:
silver67 wrote:
@ deanhills

Well for starters the winters and summers will be in different months of the year. Xmas will be when it is at its hottest in the Northern Hemisphere. The tropics may be switched as well? So depending where your city is, the difference in climate and weather may be very noticeable.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on this before but when I say the poles changing I don't mean our planet flipping around. I mean the magnetic field in space that is around our planet will be flipped from north to south poles. And by poles I mean the poles of a magnet.

The planet will still stay on the same axis it has been on since forever. Sorry if that was unclear.
deanhills
silver67 wrote:
The planet will still stay on the same axis it has been on since forever. Sorry if that was unclear.
No, I'm the one who needs to apologize as I obviously did not get the magnet common sense in your original explanation. Thanks for being patient to explain it to me. Very Happy
gandalfthegrey
I honestly wouldn't mind if the world ended on Dec 21 2012. All thing have to end eventually.
deanhills
gandalfthegrey wrote:
I honestly wouldn't mind if the world ended on Dec 21 2012. All thing have to end eventually.
Agreed. And as Ocalhoun pointed out, we may be moving on to a much better chapter of the Universe. There could be some exciting things in store for us. Very Happy
Cliffer
we'll see.