FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

3D Glasses for Gaming

emanuel2
Hey all,
do you have experience with 3D glasses and gaming with them?

I have an Acer with 3D vision and according 3D glasses, however I don't have any 3D content, except of the supplied demo video. Of cause it is quite fun to watch 3D movies, but when it comes to gaming, does 3D glasses really make sense?
weableandbob
I don't have a 3D monitor, so I can't personally say, although I would think 3D gaming is useless. It might look cool, but I feel like it would impair your ability to play in the end. For single player games, it might be nice, but for any sort of multiplayer game, particularly competitive play, I would avoid it.
kmankanda
How do they normally work?
silver67
I've tried 3d gaming, hurts my head and my eyes too bad to be worth it. I mean sure it looks cool and adds to the game but I don't think that 3d gaming is going to hit it big any time soon.
FunDa
emanuel2 wrote:
Hey all,
do you have experience with 3D glasses and gaming with them?

I have an Acer with 3D vision and according 3D glasses, however I don't have any 3D content, except of the supplied demo video. Of cause it is quite fun to watch 3D movies, but when it comes to gaming, does 3D glasses really make sense?

Its fun only fr a little while. Gets boring and causes headaches after a while.

Mostly 3d gaming is a gimmick right now. Until they have glassless 3d and headache-less 3d, its just for the new-ness that it is interesting.

There might be a few free 3d games(for 3d glasses) available.

I think quake and a few others whose source codes have been freely released have modified versions which support 3d.