FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Oakland & San Francisco area





The_unnamed_label
Hey guys!!

I will be travelling to San Francisco and around in few months.
Wanting to see great places etc.
Do you have tips? good restaurants and such!

thanks!
deanhills
The_unnamed_label wrote:
Hey guys!!

I will be travelling to San Francisco and around in few months.
Wanting to see great places etc.
Do you have tips? good restaurants and such!

thanks!
Guess you have to go to Fisherman's Wharf. Some nice eats there, and a wonderful ambience. Then of course the Golden Gate. Check out the arts pages before you go, as you may be able to catch some good shows. This is a cultural and arts city, a few steps up from San Diego and Los Angeles in the Department, in my opinion. Perhaps you can check out the San Francisco Chronicle Performance Section or the Music and Nightlife Section.
The_unnamed_label
deanhills wrote:
Guess you have to go to Fisherman's Wharf. Some nice eats there, and a wonderful ambience. Then of course the Golden Gate. Check out the arts pages before you go, as you may be able to catch some good shows. This is a cultural and arts city, a few steps up from San Diego and Los Angeles in the Department, in my opinion. Perhaps you can check out the San Francisco Chronicle Performance Section or the Music and Nightlife Section.


Thanks!! I'm gonna be there about 10 days I think (depends on my mate thats organising the trip) but I think its long enough to fit in some good things...

I was wondering, is Alcatraz worth a visit?

thanks for the links I'll bookmark them Smile

Also, if you're from the area... would you know any good local small bands to see perform?

Smile
captainsuperdude
There's a real classy joint called bohemian grove, but you gotta break into it with a video camcorder, then upload the footage to wikipedia to get in.

(kidding)
deanhills
The_unnamed_label wrote:
I was wondering, is Alcatraz worth a visit?

thanks for the links I'll bookmark them Smile

Also, if you're from the area... would you know any good local small bands to see perform?

Smile
I'm not from the area, but during the times when I visited San Francisco I've never been to Alcatraz. Just don't have an interest to go. Unfortunately I don't know what the best bands are, and that would probably also depend on what you like. Maybe if you look at the entertainment section of the SFGate Newspaper link I provided in my previous posting, you will find some bands. If you search the Newspaper you may find some reviews on the bands. Smile
The_unnamed_label
captainsuperdude wrote:
There's a real classy joint called bohemian grove, but you gotta break into it with a video camcorder, then upload the footage to wikipedia to get in.

(kidding)


I like the "(kidding)" bit haha!
The_unnamed_label
deanhills wrote:
The_unnamed_label wrote:
I was wondering, is Alcatraz worth a visit?

thanks for the links I'll bookmark them Smile

Also, if you're from the area... would you know any good local small bands to see perform?

Smile
I'm not from the area, but during the times when I visited San Francisco I've never been to Alcatraz. Just don't have an interest to go. Unfortunately I don't know what the best bands are, and that would probably also depend on what you like. Maybe if you look at the entertainment section of the SFGate Newspaper link I provided in my previous posting, you will find some bands. If you search the Newspaper you may find some reviews on the bands. Smile



Hehe.. thanks Wink I'll certainly check that when closer to my trip Wink
gandalfthegrey
I concur, Alcatraz. Take a trip on the San Francisco Cable Cars cars. Visit a winery in the Napa Valley.
The_unnamed_label
gandalfthegrey wrote:
I concur, Alcatraz. Take a trip on the San Francisco Cable Cars cars. Visit a winery in the Napa Valley.


Napa Valley... hopefully I'll get to do it indeed!
Related topics
Czego aktualnie sluchasz
The Super Bowl XL
Mettallica
Google...the ISP?
From San Francisco
GeForceLan 3 (Releasing the G80)
PDX Host GeForceLan 3 600Man (Releasing of the G80 Cards!)
XBOX 360's new Movie and TV store.
Heading to San Francisco?
WWE Smackdown & Saturday Nights Main Event Results
Climate studies urge California, West to prepare for floods
Interracial couple denied marriage license in USA
If you want any privacy, don't use a cell phone
San Francisco
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Travel and Countries

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.