FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

When dating a new girl, how long do you wait before you kiss

hanting
I am just wondering, with my current girlfriend, we went about 3 or 4 dates, and then kissed. I have always heard in the movies, if you go any more than 3 dates without a kiss, you are a homo, but i dont think this is true. Of course there are lots of shy people out there that arent comfortable kissing a girl within the first couple dates.
ronitvohra
Wht It The use of telling you tht???

I kissed so many girls i cant even count??so?

and also on first date i did Blah...blah with my gf"s...
michelhuisman
i don't wait at all! i am kissing as soon as possible Laughing Then you know if she is a good kisser.. Surprised
KungFuChris
I have to admit that I'd kissed all my girlfriends before we started dating (or maybe it was just as we started dating)! Though seeing as we met in places of loud music, talking really wasn't something we could do at the time. Laughing

I wouldn't worry about those silly rules that movies and other media shove down your throat. It'll be different for each person, and at least if you spend a bit of time together, you'll know if you do actually want to take things further!

ronitvohra wrote:
Wht It The use of telling you tht???

I kissed so many girls i cant even count??so?

and also on first date i did Blah...blah with my gf"s...

Wow! You're the man and we all wish we were you. Rolling Eyes
littlegiant
Yeah, I'm with michelhuisman. I usually give it a shot right off the bat on the first date. Sometimes, as soon as we meet (unless it's a blind date). Start with a big warm hug and then move in for the kill... Laughing
heptagon
yeap, I agree with the previous poster. Live's too short to be wasted, to me the best kisses are the unexpected ones. If you go out 2 or 3 times you know that it is eventually coming....

...but if you meet in a bar/restaurant, etc. and then are able to kiss and kill on the same day that's an extra bonus. Nothing better to raise one's self-steem.
shadows
i think that at the end of the first date is good...
you dont need to wait till the third date coz maybe the girl would think that you dont like her coz you dont kiss her...
so, if the first date goes well, and everythings OK, you can kiss her at the end of that date...

im telling you, i did that a couple of thimes and everything was fine! Laughing
carl005
it doesn't matter how long you go before you kiss. i've gone like 5 date without kissing a girl, and i've kissed girls before i've ever gotten involved with them. do what ever feels comfortable. by the way, kissing at the movies is cliche, unless it's a drive-in, then it's like the perfect place.
CCR
sorry i have to ask we talking about a kiss hello or goodbye or we talkign about I wanta make love to you kiss. or hell are we even talking about a kiss on the lips or other body parts. Cause honeslty there are many diffrent types of kisses. Friendly I like you kiss soon as possable. ( prob during 1st date)
I wanta make love to you kiss that depends on the feelings ( 1st date - never) and for other body parts that depends on the body part and the female. If it her hand soon as you meet if its a bit more personal you just have to learn to read the lady.
shadows
i think we are talking about boy-friends to girl-friends (so as inverse) kiss, i mean; french kiss, with the tong and all that Laughing
Jack_Hammer
Most of my gf's I havent asked out, I kissed first (Then we started dating), but with my last gf we had sex first (though I did know here fairly well she was my best friends sister) Embarassed (it wasn't planned or anything nor did we talk about it it's just one of those things that just happen I guess).
FMX-King
Thats an awkward question but im my book you shouldn't have to be dating to kiss somebody. im only 14 and i've kissed girls before Confused
khiosk
hi, i am new here, and i am just wondering how i start getting points. do i get them when i post a message, or when somebody visits my page? please help
SnowBlind
i think that every girl is difrent so there are some girls that you should kiss early and some you should kiss later....
khiosk
nevermind, i know how to now... lol. anyways. i haven't kissed a girl, since i am a girl, but i have kissed guys before. i am 13, and i currently have a bf, so i kiss often. but why is it important how long you wait before your furst kiss? you should do what your gut tells you, when your gut tells you. thats wat i do. only, my bf was the one that kissed me, so i was pretty suprised, but, after a while you won't feel so awkward. anyway. i wonder how many points i will get for this post? being helpful (i think), and getting points at the same time, how rewarding!

also, please do click the link on my siggy, if you do, we can be friends on neopets. just in case you are on neopets and want to be my friend, chat, or just look at my user lookup, then my username is khiosk. and my spare accounts names are uggga, and xirreh. if you need any neopets help, also neomail me and i will help you out. i am a very expirienced neopets player, and i know a lot so i can help you.

wow, look at me getting off topic. well, thats a bad thing i do believe, lol. anyways, i hope i helped you guys with my gut theory. and any ways, i have to go now, supper time. bye!
Eyre
i dont know, im 15, and i have no idea if thats an age where you were supposed to have already had your first kiss, i just havent been at all devoted.I've had two girlfriends, each ending in downward (fast) spirals, but never kissed any one of them. Never kissed anyone. I think half the girls out there though would be ready to kiss you before they even met you. thats why i dont have a girlfriend. some of them are a little bit too ready.
adwya
i didnt kiss any girl before , so i dont know that feeling
iam muslim

Thanks to God

Smile
cnnet
I can't remember how many dates before first
RosenCruz
at least 3 days Crying or Very sad
Jack_Hammer
but I would say in my experiance it's more of a feeling you get, you just know when it's the right moment to lean in a kiss him/her.
brothymn
Dont listen to anyone just act normal...if she wants u ull know...and if u dont know i sugest u become a priest or gay
pkou
For me , the most important it s not if you kiss the girl after 3 or 4 or 1564564564 dates . For example i have kiss my girlfriend the first date and it's not a sex story =) , i think that we know when a women want to be kiss and the feelings decide the moment when you kiss the girl
dark_paladin
I have never dated a girl before Confused nor did I ever kiss one Sad and I don't expect to get a girlfriend soon Crying or Very sad... I am not sure if I am a homo, but come on guys, life is not only about kissing your girlfriend or getting married...
carl005
party hard
be happy
sex sex sex
die young

that's how you live your life, not really but it's a good thesis. if you want to get into how you should be living your life and what a relationship should be like, an online forum isn't the place. people can only give you general advice based on thier indiviual experiences. you can only use advice to a certain level, then it's all trial by fire.
izcool
carl005 wrote:
party hard
be happy
sex sex sex
die young

that's how you live your life, not really but it's a good thesis. if you want to get into how you should be living your life and what a relationship should be like, an online forum isn't the place. people can only give you general advice based on thier indiviual experiences. you can only use advice to a certain level, then it's all trial by fire.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/captain_mail/root/april/LifeIsShort-Party.jpg

Laughing Sorry that was a bit off-topic.
AnGeLicK
hanting wrote:
I am just wondering, with my current girlfriend, we went about 3 or 4 dates, and then kissed. I have always heard in the movies, if you go any more than 3 dates without a kiss, you are a homo, but i dont think this is true. Of course there are lots of shy people out there that arent comfortable kissing a girl within the first couple dates.

doesn't matter when you kiss... all that matters is how you feel when you kiss... if you don't feel anything you're probably wasting your time as well as hers
frozenhead
Haha! WOW! Shocked ,should I post my opinion here?(I'm old for this one..LOL)Anyways, Uhm.. I think it's just a Teenager's Dilemma where a guy should wait 3 or 4 dates before kissing a girl though, I don't mean either that you go for it in the first date.

You know, it really depends on the girl and the situation. If you think you both feel comfortable with each other, that's a good sign but ignore it and feel it some other time, you must be sensitive in her body language dude (just like a female horse that is looking for a mate), then just be smooth and everything will be in it's place.. Idea

As a woman, I have to say that the big wet kiss on first date is not really what I like the most. But it depends on how long you've known each other I guess.

When you know the guy for a long time, and go out with him for the first time and feel all of those butterflies, then it's perfect to be kissed, even if it is the first date.

However, if you go out with a guy you've known for a couple of days, and he kisses you right now, on first date, it lacks the little magical feeling associated with longing.

Anyway, the really important thing is feelings. As long as you don't kiss for the sake of kissing or having sex it's alright... unless you're looking for a one-night stand of course Wink
johnabraham
a first kiss can tell u a lot about the girl..so the faster the better is my opinion...but then again it depends on the kind of girl she is....
Remzo
I would usually kiss her at the end of our first date, nothing major though usually just a peck. Give it a couple days then move on down the bases Laughing
shadows
anyone will tell you something else, that in hes opinion is the best...

you need to know yourself when is the right time and do that wen you think its better...
it doesnt matter if in the first date you didnt kiss her yet, its all about how she feels about you and how you feel about her...
when you will feel that is the right moment, go for it! Wink
LuiS_J
wait 3 - 4 days for a kiss... Confused Confused Confused u got to be kidin me..... u kiss the girl as fast as u can... and if she doesn't let u just skip 1st base and go to 2nd and if that doesn't work go to 3rd... and if that also doesn't work...well that emans that she don' like u
HunnyBaby
OK bro I agree with what some of these people have said and I disagree with what some of them said...
Like a few of them sounded cocky... jackhammer didnt sound cocky he was just mentioning he had sex but some of the people just seem like the fat guy sitting at home and hes like with my 15 year old girlfriend (who is fine as hell) we had sex b4 i even knew her name. I mean come on guys my penis is like WOAH!!!!!!.
lol i know im exxagerating that some but thats just how some of u people sounded like... NEWayz
If your even asking when to kiss a girl then you needa big confidence booster... Most girls like a guy who is confident trust me... a girl can tell when u are confident in urself or when u arent confident in urself... so just be confident dont just swoop down on her and kiss her... but make the atmosphere... so she knows whats up... then dont go all the way in for the kiss... go in part of the way and wait for her to come the rest of the way... or wait for her to come in part of the way and then u go in for the rest of the way... Its all a gut feeling... if u feel like kissing then most of the time she'll feel like kissing dont just swoop in while ur wakin into mcdonalds though... not if its the first kiss... the first kiss has to be at a certain moment....
I Hope that helped
gh0stface
It's more of a gut feeling. Sometimes there are telltale signs that a girl is interested in you too. Depending on how the date goes, I've had varied experience from kissing on the first date to waiting till after a few more dates have a occured.
planet
It used to be j u s t enough time for her to get her braces out.
It's now more than enough for her to put the dentures in place,,, =)
darrell
hanting wrote:

This can be quite true
qljune
Is there really a time frame to do IT??? or let me be more specific... optimal time period before a kiss should be given/taken? Shocked
Darcey
Just when she is ready simple enough.
danthyman
I say Kiss em when you can. You'd have to be a loser to count the days till you decide to kiss. Kiss when you want to Kiss. Dont be a sissy.
That's my opinion.
And I dont think you should have sex with your best friends sister.
izimngcubes15
It depends. If I like the girl and she liked me very much. It wouldn't be long. Like 3-4 dates? I'm not the kind who kisses on the first date.
saiyeek
hanting wrote:

Hey can i know what category of kiss were you talking about. There are lot of types of kisses hehe some more naughty than the other. I hope you didn't mean the naughtiest one. Ok it is great to kiss a girl, lips kiss would be great to start off with and its measure to show how much you like that person. Thats the fun we want, keep it up.
GiLaD
I can't believe I didn't write a reply yet.
If the girl is hot so I usually kiss on the first date, if not so on the second or the 3rd date. That way you know if the girl is a good kisser.
[FuN]goku
dont feel bad... i didnt even kiss my last gf.... only cuz i saw her twice xD
bharatchoragudi
Well I haven't been on a date... nor have i kissed a girl.. so no comments... But i would love some suggestions!!!

Ciao!
GraphicalCaviar
a whole three seconds.
gonzo
hanting wrote:
if you go any more than 3 dates without a kiss, you are a homo, but i dont think this is true.

then you have some common sense. Smile That's right up there with "there's something wrong with you if you're a virgin in college" or "its not normal to not have sex at every opportunity"

:sigh:
yzy
Do you mean tongue to tongue,or to face?HO,how many times we kissed....you can kiss your gf at any time if you like,yeah,firstly,you should a pair,you love her and she loves you so much...so,a soulful kiss may show how much you love the person.It is a very wonderful thing.
criticaldensity
it's not waiting for it to happen that matters, it's feeling for it to happen. Sometimes it feels right sooner, sometimes it takes more...time or the right setting. If youre dating someone you work with or is a friend of one of your friends, it would be wise to go a little slow... be careful about shitting where you eat. If the date is with a complete stranger, you can move quicker if chemistry is good.
GraphicalCaviar
criticaldensity wrote:
it's not waiting for it to happen that matters, it's feeling for it to happen. Sometimes it feels right sooner, sometimes it takes more...time or the right setting. If youre dating someone you work with or is a friend of one of your friends, it would be wise to go a little slow... be careful about shitting where you eat. If the date is with a complete stranger, you can move quicker if chemistry is good.

i have to agree with that.

its very dangerous kissing an old time friend! I did that once, and then magnitudes of implications just swept over me.

on the other hand, kissing a stranger is totally cool, theres little implications other than the cursory "im really attracted to you statement"
sylviakowalski
i'm not very fond of kissing of first dates.. but it happens 80% of the time. hehe Wink
DeuCe
Why would you wait? Shocked Before I even ask her out Im kissing her ! Cool
hive
If she laughs and let me touch her, so I kiss...
Very simple and efficient.

If you dont see her teeth, dont kiss!!!
amusedtoe
YOU FOOL! You must never kiss a girl before marriage, don't you know that's how they get pregnent?!? Even looking at her knees is horribly filthy vile behavior that is completely reprehensible. Should you ever see her bare elbows your eyes will ahve to be gouged out with red hot skewers.
greekcovers
I am kissing as soon as possible and i dont count the dates !
Some girls are shy, some girls kissing you from the first date.
waring
Like, the second one. The first if it's going good.
SgtGarcia
Just wait for the right moment, you can't miss it.
Zaheer Khan
i can't wait and i dont want to miss it so do it as early as possible. but sometimes depends on girl Sad
MaZe
I tink it depends on the girl... if you see that she is truly in love with you... kiss her as early as possible! Very Happy
Luis
WoW, the people (women) of others countries are so much "hard". In my dates I kiss my girl in the first Razz

But this is good, because the woman dont lost your ladiest...
mariohs
2 seconds? [Very Happy]
zerodefect
haha i usually seal the deal with a kiss so i dont wait too long at all. if im dating a girl then it means were already past the point of waiting for a kiss.
guybrush
Quote:
its very dangerous kissing an old time friend! I did that once, and then magnitudes of implications just swept over me.

That's true. I would like to kiss a girl who has been my friend for the last 5 years, but I don't know what would be her reaction. I really love her, but I don't want to lose her friendship.
zerodefect
Quote:
That's true. I would like to kiss a girl who has been my friend for the last 5 years, but I don't know what would be her reaction. I really love her, but I don't want to lose her friendship.

then all you have to tell her is how you feel. just because you love her and she doesnt feel the same way back isnt any reason to end a friendship. if you have the feelings you do, and youve been friends for 5 years then chances are she already knows how you feel Wink just if she doesnt give you the answer you want, you just cant take it personnally or let it effect your relationship, if you dont make it weird she wont either and your friendship is saved... and maybe in the future things will change and you will have a chance! that is all of coarse she doesnt feel the same way about you rite now. go ahead and find out thats what i would do!
poggendroff
its so tuf in my part of the world...they dont kiss until they marry u kno Sad

but foreners kiss anywhere they like. tht too on the lips. just the other day i saw two tourist kissin rite in the middle of the street. things seemngly are opening up. good for us. :-p

but i culd kill for a kiss.. i say. Evil or Very Mad
guybrush
Thanks for the advice, zerodefect.
zerodefect
hope everything works out for you. i was in that place once. been together 2 years and counting now!
arno
When I feel I am ready, I kiss her. Very Happy
wutangdan
well boys with regards as to how long you should wait for sugar i would have to say if you're paying for the date a little gratitued would be appreciated regardless of its number! obiviously with every date you ante up until you win that jackpot!!! Cool
blu3bird
I m a .... see sig