FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Into the Wild (2007)

adri
I watched this film a few days ago. Although the movie was rather long on paper (2 hours thirty) , it didn't really feel like 2 hours and a half. Most of the time it was quite amusing to watch as you didn't really know what was going to happen but you do know the end (as the movie begins with the almost the end and every 20 minutes or so we get another scene of the end).

There was also some beautiful landscapes in the movie itself (in USA and Alaska). But sometimes I thought that some scenes were to good to be true. But anyway the end was quite sad (I didn't cry though Razz as he dies from starvation after eating venomous plants) so I guess the producers tried to make it overall positive but still pretty accurate with the real story. (The movie is based upon a real story)

Quote:
After graduating from Emory University, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandons his possessions, gives his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhikes to Alaska to live in the wilderness. Along the way, Christopher encounters a series of characters that shape his life.

Imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758758/

I give the film a 8/10 for being based upon a real story and the really good filming and telling of the story (you hear him and his sister speaking sometimes (based upon his diary).

I was suprised no one made a topic about this movie (well at least there isn't a topic in the Movies and Television forum named Into the Wild) as it was widely known as a good movie.

adri
deanhills
I saw this movie Adri, and that had me spell bound. What a great movie that was! The acting was also great. This is how a movie has to be for me. I felt as though I was there with Christopher McCandles and experiencing Alaska as well. The movie drew me right into it. Emile Hirsch was great in that role. Pity we don't see more of him in movies. The Producer of the movie, Sean Penn really did a good job of it, wish he would make more movies like this one. Smile
metalfreek
Into the wild, one of the best movies I have ever watched. Its very good since it is a true story and really fun to watch. It is a long movie but overall its great.
kacsababa
Although Supertramp was rather stupid, especially in real life, but the movies was quiet good. Smile
mgeek
I saw the movie too. I think that it was good overall.
pirate
seen this film, it is very good and very well acted. I would recommend this film to anyone that is bored.
Blummer
God, how stupid he was to act in such way. But I still feel sorry for him, the death was so inevitable, especially after eating that poison stuff.