FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ranking system

Alpha118
Hello fellow frihosters im working on a gaming community for starcraft 2. We would like to have our own laddering system As in you can play eachother and when you win you get points and when you lose you lose points, we could ofc just watch every match but that would take ages. Im looking for some idea om how to make this automated. I Think the Best option on how to do this is to make a php page that would just ask for who won, who played and also ask for the 'replay' (film of the game). I Think however This might be abit of am ambitious project. Especially A's i'm not that good at php. Also this system is extreamly easy to fool. Ud kile to heat your toughts om this.
macky
Alpha118 wrote:
Hello fellow frihosters im working on a gaming community for starcraft 2. We would like to have our own laddering system As in you can play eachother and when you win you get points and when you lose you lose points, we could ofc just watch every match but that would take ages. Im looking for some idea om how to make this project automated. Any ideas ?

please be more specific and more detailed. i assume that you are aware that your concern regarding with php related.
Alpha118
edited op to be abit more precise
kacsababa
It would be cool if the results would be retrievable from a replay in an automated way, but even if it's possible that's not a php job.

If automation doesn't work I would imagine it this way:
- Players challange each other on the site I guess so one data would be the matches too.
- After they played the match one of them fill in the results.
- The other player sees it and he could accept or decline.
- On accept the system closes the match and stores the scores for the players.
- On decline the system calls for a replay file and comments to the result decline, and creates a "disagreement ticket".
- The other player is notified about the decline of the result and he could add their own comments and replay file too.
- Moderators supervising these tickets, watching replays and closing tickets/matches.

The only thing there could be to keep low the watching of replays is punishing people who constantly creating tickets for nothing.

This wouldn't be a small system to explain the php for it. Razz
Alpha118
Sounds sweet, but also way too hard for me to do. Do you think I could learn myself enough php to do that if i spend like 2 hours aday for a month? If not dó you think anyone could do it for me ?
kacsababa
It depends on your current level.
Best bet would be to find a Starcraft 2 enthusiasist php developer. Smile