Uhm i have a belking f5d7230-4 and when i go to the router website (192.168.2.1)
I click on virtual servers ( I want to forward warcraft 3 )
Then it ask for password
And i haven't changed it so it should be default (blank)
When i click sumbit i get ''Login Error !!''
Login Error probably mean you used the wrong password
Are you sure that not someone else has changed the password?
Are you sure that the default password is blank?
Are you sure virtual servers is the right place. Isn't it port forwarding you want to do?
In most situation default passwords are: admin, 0000 or 5555. Maybe you can try all of them to see what happened. If this not help maybe you can reset router on default state.
Look for a reset button on your router.
While the router is plugged in, press and hold the button for more than 20 seconds.
Release the button, wait 20 seconds, and unplug the router.
Plug the router back in, and attempt to access it using whatever default username/password combination other people have already posted in this thread.
you need to setup your lan card first of all
- do the basic
- check the manual (you can check for online resources for that)
- there is a possiblity that someone might have changed your password
- guessing the password might take more time than resetting your router.
- hard reset the router by pressing the small button usually at the back but remember everything will be reset to default factory settings.
- normally routers are using DHCP,meaning an IP will be automatically assign to you PC
- but just in case you might have to hard code the IP to your PC
192.168.2.1 <---if this is your router IP Your lan settings should be:
- ip 192.168.2. 2 <---it can be from 2 - 254
- subnet mask 255.255.255.0
- default gateway 192.168.2.1
- make sure you have your ISP info (username password PPPoE, PPPoA it really depends)