FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Captain America: The First Avenger

rogue_skydragon
The Joe Johnston directed adaptation of the famous comic book superhero Captain America is finally going to be coming to the big screen! Since I was a kid, I've always dreamed of seeing the Cap kick some butt in a (well-done) film, and now that dream is coming to fruition.

What are your thoughts about the new comic book movie?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America:_The_First_Avenger
menino
I think it will be good.
rayxzero
Can't wait to see this movie.
mgeek
I liked watching Captain America as cartoon when I was a kid. Later, there was a (made for TV) movie about this Marvel comic hero. Another movie would be welcome.
dude_xyx
I Hope they will do it right. It great to see another Marvel comic hero comes to big screen.
rogue_skydragon
As the days pass, the more I am anxious to see this movie. Apparently, though, they just announced two more weeks of reshoots, which means a delayed release! Argh!
silverdown
I seen the preview on Youtube and it looks promising...
rogue_skydragon
Promising? It looks amazingly well-crafted! The fanboy is coming out of me, but of course we'll have to wait and see if the storyline they've written is worth all the flashy eye candy we've seen in the trailer.
IceCreamTruck
rogue_skydragon wrote:
they just announced two more weeks of reshoots, which means a delayed release! Argh!

I would rather they take their time. This is one of my childhood heroes! If they mess it up I will walk to Hollywood and b**** slap them all.

I litterally thought the movie version of spiderman was week. There is no balance in the movie hero world. Part of the triumph of good is illustrating how evil the villians are. Spiderman, Batman (recent joker excluded), and the old and new Superman stuff fall into the category of "kid stuff" on the big screen.

I want to see some Saving Private Ryan quality on the war sceens that this movie should contain. Honestly, it should be epic, especially for everyone who's waited a long time to see Captian America on the big screen.
dude_xyx
Youtube Trailers look very promising But trailers are always great. I hope movie will be good as those too.
standready
Growing up on Captain America (animated), I will interested in seeing this movie.
rogue_skydragon
With the hyped-up marketing surround the film, I'm being pushed to my limits here. I want to see this film soooo bad!
loyal
IceCreamTruck wrote:

I litterally thought the movie version of spiderman was week. There is no balance in the movie hero world. Part of the triumph of good is illustrating how evil the villians are. Spiderman, Batman (recent joker excluded), and the old and new Superman stuff fall into the category of "kid stuff" on the big screen.

It feels like a lot of superhero movies with potential are being wasted. E.g. new x-men, green lantern, etc. It's a real shame...
Davidbroad
yes simply superb..........
Radar
I'm slightly skeptical of this one, simply because I've never been into Captain America.

I think it's going to become one of the many comic book movies that I simply don't end up seeing, along with the likes of Thor, Green Lantern etc.
LostOverThere
Saw it the other day, it wasn't bad. I don't find Captain America a very interesting character at all, to be honest, but considering what they were dealing with I guess they did an all right job.

I did find the special effects quite impressive, however.
Navigator
Havent't seen it yet, is it set in the 50s or something? I saw a trailer just passing by at the movieplex the other day, don't really want to go and check Youtube as is NSFW.
Ntham
Entertaining movie. Fulfilling its purpose of not boring
alli2000
i want to watch the new hulk concept. Anyway, recently comic that brought back to movie tend to get better.. i'll see it in theater as soon as it available
Blummer
Fine movie, I'm really happy I saw it in cinemas. Good casting as well, I really enjoyed seeing Tony Stark's father.
portoskt
funny movie, i liked
menino
I found it alright, for a one time view mainly.
The action scenes were good and the story also, but I think it was a bit quickly paced.

I also liked the fact that they showed Tony Stark's father :d

Anyways, this movie is part of the franchise for Avengers, when most of the Marvel superheroes come in (and super villains also).

I guess the comics are now coming out as movies, and maybe later on as serials, I would guess.
LegendVPN
menino wrote:
I guess the comics are now coming out as movies, and maybe later on as serials, I would guess.

If that happens, my appreciation of the characters will be lessened. I don't know. I guess it's because characters like them are different from humans and we only see them and know them in a specific time. If they become everyday sights, they will loose that interesting factor in them. It's like when you get used to something, it doesn't become unusual anymore.
dude_xyx
I watched the movie and it was pretty good. I guess there will be another Captain America movie coming soon.
LegendVPN
dude_xyx wrote:
I watched the movie and it was pretty good. I guess there will be another Captain America movie coming soon.

Yup. We will be seeing much more of Chris Evans as Captain America. He signed on a six-picture contract with Marvel Films. Two of those has been known to the public being Captain America: The First Avenger and The Avengers (2012).

With the movie, I have to say I really liked it. It had enough action, depth and a bit of romance that was just enough to make it a good movie. Evans' character actually had my sister crushing on him. LOL
Vanilla
Finally watched this movie. My goal is to watch all Avengers' movies before The Avengers come out in may.

Pretty meh. Sorry, I wasn't engaged with the main character. Iron Man and Thor were pretty awesome movies. I can't wait to see everyone together! Very Happy
aaghakumar
I've watched this movie in theater with ma friends group..Casting of Captain America movie is too good..Not boring..
LegendVPN
Vanilla wrote:
Finally watched this movie. My goal is to watch all Avengers' movies before The Avengers come out in may.

--- Good for you. hmmm.,I've already watched all of the solo movies but I think I'll give it another watch. I'm going to hold a dvd marathon. Very Happy Thanks for the idea! Smile

Vanilla wrote:
Pretty meh. Sorry, I wasn't engaged with the main character.

So sad....why? Weren't you taken by how patriotic and humble Steve was? Weren't you like "Ahwww..." with the grenade scene?

Vanilla wrote:
Iron Man and Thor were pretty awesome movies. I can't wait to see everyone together! Very Happy

I'm starting to think you're an action movie kind of person. I have to agree about Thor and IronMan. Although, I favor Thor rather than IronMan. I got more hooked on Thor; of course, Chris Hemsworth's hunkiness is just not the only reason. Very Happy Razz
Blummer
I watched the recent film again and I think I really love it. Very emotional and so many things happened, with Nick Fury, for example.