FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Saving PDFs in Firefox

yagnyavalkya
When I open a PDF in Firefox I am unable to save the file
Although the save icon is highlighted when I click it nothing happens
sonam
Hmm, I don't know answer on your question, but I have the similar problem with FF and IE before. I could not to download or save anything. Then I am reinstall XP and now is everything OK. Did you try to open the same page in some other browser to see could you save it?

Sonam
rjraaz
I have found the solution on source given at the bottom of my post for you and other users going to quoted it here also. For further solution try to other solution provided on source link.

Quote:
Saving PDF files to disk

You can save PDF files to disk and then open them without using the Adobe Acrobat plugin (or other PDF viewer plugin) by right-clicking links to PDF files and choosing "Save Link As".

To save all PDF files on which you left-click:

* Firefox 2: Go to "Tools -> Options -> Content / File Types" and click the "Manage..." button. Select "PDF" from the list of extensions, click the "Change Action" button and select ""Save to disk".
* Firefox 3 Go to "Tools -> Options -> Applications", select the "Adobe Acrobat Document" entry in the list of content types, open the drop-down menu and change the option to "Save File" as shown here on Windows XP.
* SeaMonkey 2: Go to "Edit -> Preferences ->Helper Applications", select the "Adobe Acrobat Document" entry, open the drop-down menu and change the option from "Use Adobe Acrobat (in SeaMonkey)" to "Save File".

PDF files will now be downloaded to a folder for direct opening in Adobe Reader or another PDF viewer.

Hope it will help you and resolve your problem.

Source:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Adobe_Reader
ocalhoun
I use a firefox add-on called 'PDF download'
Any time you click on a PDF file, it gives you these options:
*save to disk
*download, then open in non-firefox PDF reader
*display in firefox's PDF reader
*convert to HTML (without downloading) and display

Pretty useful sometimes.
yagnyavalkya
ocalhoun wrote:
I use a firefox add-on called 'PDF download'
Any time you click on a PDF file, it gives you these options:
*save to disk
*download, then open in non-firefox PDF reader
*display in firefox's PDF reader
*convert to HTML (without downloading) and display

Pretty useful sometimes.

Thanks the add works
Thanks again
Nyizsa
To the original problem:
When you click the Save icon, Firefox is probably saving the file to the location you specified in the Preferences dialog without asking further questions and that's why you think that "nothing happens".
yagnyavalkya
Nyizsa wrote:
To the original problem:
When you click the Save icon, Firefox is probably saving the file to the location you specified in the Preferences dialog without asking further questions and that's why you think that "nothing happens".

No Actually I have given the download location all other files save either there or ask me where to save but PDF does not
Anyway the add on mentioned in the above post solved the problem