FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Option to choose language when doing a search

charliehk
If I could choose English Only when doing a search, that would make my life easier since I don't know the other languages here! Embarassed
n0obie4life
Not possible.

1. Bondings would have to modify phpBB crazily to do that.
2. Just try and ignore the topics in the multilingual forums. When you search, you get to see where the topic is, in which forum. So ignore them Wink.
charliehk
Well, then is it possible to add an option to group by Forum first before sorting in chronological order. So if I like Funny Picture Forum, I could view the new posts in the forum.

I understand that the answer might as well be NO, but it is OK! Programming is not an easy job! Exclamation
Bockman
charliehk wrote:
Well, then is it possible to add an option to group by Forum first before sorting in chronological order. So if I like Funny Picture Forum, I could view the new posts in the forum.

I understand that the answer might as well be NO, but it is OK! Programming is not an easy job! Exclamation

My advice when it comes to using Search on phpBB is restrict every search u make to sections. on the search Page u have (on the left) 2 categories where u can apply your restrictions.
I usually go by using forum restriction, but u can also try and restrict by category and see if it works for u.

Be Well Cool
charliehk
If I have to click Category and Forum dropdown lists to select them one by one, I'd rather stick to the old way, but thanks anyway! Cool