FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Open Office

eldar
Open Office is free.
Download it from www.openoffice.org. It is Very Cool. Very Happy
odek
He, i'm using open office, is great.
How OS you have? windows?
SamiTheBerber
I use Open Office in Linux FC4. It is great and free. It replace Micro$oft Office very nicely Wink

So why don't use it? Get it now ...
blueknot
Nah, there maybe File Incompatibility.

So i am sticking to microsoft Office. It;s still the best.
Rhysige
Im with Open office Very Happy its brilliant, slight display probs sometimes but usually fixable in a few seconds.
The only complaint I have is that it has nothing on MS Powerpoint, other than that Open office is definatl the cheaper and better solution to MS software.
Xcelerate
I like Open Office because it can do PowerPoints. I always get irritated when teachers assign PowerPoint projects at home, and I don't have it. (Namely because I don't want to pay for something I would use just for school.) Also, I like that Open Office can do PDF's, which is something I wish Microsoft would include.
corey
Cheaper? I'd say! Over $200USD vs free? Yep. Cheaper.
snowboardalliance
I just wish it had grammar check like MS word for when I write school papers. But I can't afford MS office so Open Office works.
Donutey
even if you had ms word, you wouldn't use grammer check ( or shouldn't ) it's only right about half the time, the rest it just makes your paper worse... Shocked
Rhysige
Quote:
Also, I like that Open Office can do PDF's, which is something I wish Microsoft would include.

I dont believe they are allowed to include PDF's in their code because unlike open office MS would be making profits from it.
kuad
Donutey wrote:
even if you had ms word, you wouldn't use grammer check ( or shouldn't ) it's only right about half the time, the rest it just makes your paper worse... Shocked

Yep. I ignored the grammar check and eventually turned it off, as well as the virtually all of the Auto Complete options.
Kd527
I use Open Office on the rare occassions that I might use windoze and Linux. On Mac I use iWork '05.
S3nd K3ys
OOo has done everything I've needed except read my VBS and Database programs.

I know OOo has it's own programming language like VBS, I just haven't checked it out yet. I wonder if it can convert my VBS Databases...
Ranfaroth
OOo will be the official Suite of European administrations.
Same thing for Massachusetts.

To be more precise, it's the format OpenDocument that will be adopted, because it's standardized, light, extensible, and has much more other advantages. And as M$ Office still (and won't) support it, the solution is OOo Cool
win66
I have use Openoffice before.Good office software. Very Happy
samh
It's great cause it's free.
Otherwise it still needs more improvement to be able to combat with MS office seriously.
Einsteins Place
Open office is the best alternative to MS Office and best of all its free

Go Sun Microsystems and open office Very Happy
aardvark
Open Office is now a really good product but unfortunately it is still not up to interoperating with Microsoft Office. Anything but the simplest of Word Documents will have their formatting changed slightly so joint editing of a file passed between Word and Writer doesn't work too well.

Impress Version 2 is particularly good. Definitely better than PowerPoint in my view.
gamo
eldar wrote:
Open Office is free.

What version of Open Office can replace Microsoft Office. I feel Open Office not enough features that there are speacially exists in MS Office. And its interface is not attract the users too.
Ravi
gamo wrote:
eldar wrote:
Open Office is free.

What version of Open Office can replace Microsoft Office. I feel Open Office not enough features that there are speacially exists in MS Office. And its interface is not attract the users too.

yes open office has not much feature . specially MS Excel is better then Openoffice one.. in MS excel i find VB macro facility is the best
sergio_ykz
Yeah,

OpenOffice 2.0 (Officially 1.9) is a good choice in office suite for linux, is like or than better than MS Office and have many improvements to create PDF files.

In special I prefer MS Office for compatibility in mail attachments, but it use the OpenOffice to create files for PDF distribuition and its is really good.