FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox crashes after some time

rjraaz
My firefox crashes after a duration of time i have scanned my whole system for viruses using mcfee but did not find any virus is there any problem in my system that crashes the firefox.
jmi256
rjraaz wrote:
My firefox crashes after a duration of time i have scanned my whole system for viruses using mcfee but did not find any virus is there any problem in my system that crashes the firefox.

You probably already did this since it's so obvious, but have you tried reinstalling Firefox? There may be some root cause of your problems, but removing Firefox and tehn reinstalling may fix the immediate issue for you.
rjraaz
jmi256 wrote:
rjraaz wrote:

You probably already did this since it's so obvious, but have you tried reinstalling Firefox? There may be some root cause of your problems, but removing Firefox and tehn reinstalling may fix the immediate issue for you.

Yes I have reinstall it two-three times, but did not remove this problem nor get any response from firefox after crash report submission.
jmi256
rjraaz wrote:
jmi256 wrote:
rjraaz wrote:

Yes I have reinstall it two-three times, but did not remove this problem nor get any response from firefox after crash report submission.

Have you recently installed any addons/plugins? Maybe try removing them before reinstalling? I've never run into the issue myself, and FF is usually pretty stable for me. I'm not sure if reinstalling also removes cookies/temp files, but try removing those too. If it's a period of time before the browser crashes, it would seem to me that there is something running behind the scenes or in conflict that is possibly hogging resources and then causing the crash. How is your CPU usage before, during and after FF runs and crashes? What period of time are we talking about here (seconds, minutes, hours?)?
rjraaz
jmi256 wrote:
rjraaz wrote:
jmi256 wrote:
rjraaz wrote:

Have you recently installed any addons/plugins? Maybe try removing them before reinstalling? I've never run into the issue myself, and FF is usually pretty stable for me. I'm not sure if reinstalling also removes cookies/temp files, but try removing those too. If it's a period of time before the browser crashes, it would seem to me that there is something running behind the scenes or in conflict that is possibly hogging resources and then causing the crash. How is your CPU usage before, during and after FF runs and crashes? What period of time are we talking about here (seconds, minutes, hours?)?

I am not quiet sure about period but whenever it crashes my CPU goes to 100% and maximum used by FF.

And recently i am not using any addon/plugin except mcafee siteadvicer
chartcentral
Have you observed if there is any particular website you are visiting when Mozilla Firefox crashes? Smile
rjraaz
chartcentral wrote:
Have you observed if there is any particular website you are visiting when Mozilla Firefox crashes? Smile

No it is not happened while opening any particular webpage.
jmfernandez
Try to update or install the latest Mozilla Firefox. Installing the latest browser will solve this bug.
rjraaz
jmfernandez wrote:
Try to update or install the latest Mozilla Firefox. Installing the latest browser will solve this bug.

i have already tried that.

But my problem has resolved after disabling the mcafee siteadviser plugin.

Thanks to you all.
ProwerBot
Firefox crashes once in a while on me but it's usually when I try to use shockwave or something. It doesn't matter because adobe sucks anyway(:
passager33
it could just be one of the plugins ..
Navigator
I also have this problem but it was related to the Web Developer plugin and Firebug working in tandem, if I am working with WD then I don't open Firebug and viceversa.
adsmail27
It would probably be more helpful to go into Firefox and enter "about:crashes" in the address bar (without the quotes), and click on one or more of the most recent crashes logged, and copy that info over to this thread.