FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google's New Anti-Spam Algorithm Deals With Content Farms

the-guide
Google announced they will release several new anti-spam algorithms this year.
Read what's Matt Cutts the Google's principal engineer posted here...

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/google-search-and-search-engine-spam.html

Recently Matt Cutts confirmed the new algorithm:

Quote:
"... that 'we're evaluating multiple changes that should help drive spam levels even lower,
including one change that primarily affects sites that copy others' content and sites with low levels of
original content.'

That change was approved at our weekly quality launch meeting last Thursday and launched earlier this week."

Their first algorithm update has just been released and deals directly with content farms (scraper sites
that aggregate the content from other sources and websites that produce low quality content in bulk).

It's a hot online discussion among many webmasters.

How about your sites? Are they still healthy on Google's SERP?

sonam
This is good news. I really don't like when I got on first page 5 or more the same results for my search query.

Sonam
the-guide
But right now it's seem that this new algorithm doesn't perfect yet, I found many webmasters
complained that their original sites have suffered while the scraper sites still rank well.

Quote:
"It doesn't matter if it is all 100% unique with tons of backlinks and really well laid out or simply
an image. Everything got whacked.

Our out of date non unique ad filled sites are humming along FINE. So what's the message here
Google? Write an in depth article that takes 3 days to complete and is linked to by hundreds of
companies and gov agencies and loose all positions sitewide while our out of date halfbaked and
useless content does fine?"

I think it will take days or weeks to be accurate and stable.

sonam
Quote:
I think it will take days or weeks to be accurate and stable.

Of course, maybe few month, but it is good to know how they work on their search algorithm.

Sonam
tamilparks
very good news..
mugundhan
the-guide wrote:
Google announced they will release several new anti-spam algorithms this year.
Read what's Matt Cutts the Google's principal engineer posted here...

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/google-search-and-search-engine-spam.html

Recently Matt Cutts confirmed the new algorithm:

Quote:
"... that 'we're evaluating multiple changes that should help drive spam levels even lower,
including one change that primarily affects sites that copy others' content and sites with low levels of
original content.'

That change was approved at our weekly quality launch meeting last Thursday and launched earlier this week."

Their first algorithm update has just been released and deals directly with content farms (scraper sites
that aggregate the content from other sources and websites that produce low quality content in bulk).

It's a hot online discussion among many webmasters.

nice to here this from google atlast they are trying to do great work
How about your sites? Are they still healthy on Google's SERP?

xevo
Great for users not so great for autoblog owners. Laughing
I think lately it's the most popular type of website - since it's so easy and hands-free.
I toyed with the thought of creating a few blogs on autopilot - wouldn't it be great to have websites you don't really have to update....

It is still a bad news for me - since I'm not native english speaker I rely on PRL articles.
I guess I will either have to go back to creating websites in my own language (with payout 10-20 times lower) or start paying someone for articles...at $5 for 500 words that's $100 for 25 page website Shocked
Or I could just say Frak it - and write myself :Laughing Maybe if users see my not so perfect eng, they will be more inclined to click on ads LOL
the-guide
xevo wrote:
Great for users not so great for autoblog owners. Laughing
I think lately it's the most popular type of website - since it's so easy and hands-free.
I toyed with the thought of creating a few blogs on autopilot - wouldn't it be great to have websites you don't really have to update....

It is still a bad news for me - since I'm not native english speaker I rely on PRL articles.
I guess I will either have to go back to creating websites in my own language (with payout 10-20 times lower) or start paying someone for articles...at $5 for 500 words that's $100 for 25 page website Shocked
Or I could just say Frak it - and write myself :Laughing Maybe if users see my not so perfect eng, they will be more inclined to click on ads LOL

Creating websites in your own language helps your task more fast and easy.
However, hiring someone to write the articles is a good ideas as well, it's worth if you can take profit from that.

the-guide
It's seem that Google also focus on paid links spam too.

Last week, J. C. Penney was penalized by Google because the paid links they used to advertise their
website. And Forbes.com has been penalized because they sell links.

Recently, Overstock.com the one of Americas largest e-commerce sites has been penalized
because they offer discounts in return for links by offering .edu site's members a 10% discount if they
placed a link on their pages. Exclamation