FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Smallville

jarcelao
Any Smallville fanst out here? Smile
toms.cheats
i think smallvile is so cool i like it when slows down time to do cool stuff but i dont think its as good as a great program like oc or one tree hill
jarcelao
i do really love smallville because i am a fan of superman since my childhood days. smallville shows all the missing pieces of the superman saga. it portrays how clark kent spent his teen life while on the process of discovering all of his abilities.

can't wait to watch season 5 of this series... Smile Cool
kazoe
the story is good, that's one of the reasons i hooked up with it, and i like the weird friendship lex and clark have. Laughing well, im kind of outdated in the newer episodes because i cant watch tv bec. of my weird working and sleeping sched, but i like smallville generally.
BioHaZaRD
My girlfriend likes smallville so I am forced to watch it with her. I just can't get into it but oh well. I like the old superman series Cool
pll
I like...
I think smallville is not bad !!! The story is so good...
But that's not the best T.V. show ever made Exclamation
jarcelao
pll wrote:
I like...
I think smallville is not bad !!! The story is so good...
But that's not the best T.V. show ever made Exclamation

I agree with you.. It is not the best, but it's definitely good. Very Happy Cool
asba7
i wonder when will meet her... Embarassed
roonilwazlib
i started watching it around this time last year, and rarely watch it anymore. the stories are kind of repetetive and predictable now, so it's really not as entertaining to watch.. even though tom welling is.
gh0stface
It's not too bad of a show. Although the show kind of throws off the continuity in the comic books.

Random tidbit, Tom Welling, the actor who plays Clark Kent in Smallville actually graduated from my high school in Okemos, Michigan. He graduated in 1995 so that was 5 years before me.
memsa
I think it is the best translation of a comic to television series. It has a novel approach. The cinematographer and intense coloring coupled with the way out plots convert the static elements of the comic into a dynamic entertainment.
matt87
I love smallville. I have seen every single episode since it ever started. Some episodes were lame but its just such an intersting show to watch Superman when he was a teen. For people who have not seen this and they start watching it now they will be lost and would not like it that much.
Dean_The_Great
Smallville is one of the few shows that I follow religiously. I've seen every single episode of every single season, many of them mulitple times. I believe it's a great show for those not canonly minded.

The basic premise of the show is simple: Superman as a Teen. But what's interesting is the combination of superhero-comic-book-goodness and real teen drama. The constant themes of secrecy and duality are reimagined and reinvented every episode.

I find one of the silliest things about Superman is his inability to be hurt (Kryptonite notwithstanding). It makes him too powerful to be dramatically interesting... However Smallville allows him to be interesting because of it. He has all these secrets and although he can do so much, there are certain things that are even out of his control... and it plagues him. Plus, there's always the guilt of the meteor shower on his conscience.

Also, the acting in this series is just fantastic. Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum play off one another so well, and the relationship grows dynamically throughout the seasons. Although Kristin Kreuk and Allison Mack were not initially shown as particularly fantastic actors, it was not far into the series that they were each handing very specific challenges that the actors met with great success. I am brought to think of the Isabella plotline as well as the "Chloe working for Lionel" plotline. Plus, "Transference" was an episode that will always be an excellent acting example for both Tom Welling and John Glover.

Now that it's in season five I'm really looking forward to the development of Clark into Superman. Also, with the addition of James Marsters to tha cast, I think it'll be a very powerful season.
Mathias
Yeah, I like Smallville myself and, I too, used to watch it religiously. I can't as much now for work reasons, but you know.

I'm just wondering how much longer they can continue before it literally becomes the Superman Series, and no more Smallville. I mean, how much longer before Clark and Lex suddenly hate each other's guts? How do they intend to slide Lana and Chloe (that's the other's name, right [has it really been that long?]?) out of the picture and bring Lois in with full force? Well, it just seems to me a difficult task, that's all...

Still, the show rocks and anyone who thinks otherwise can have Clark's dog bite their legs off, pretty much rendering them useless - Razz... just kiddin' guys.
sprinqles
I used to watch this all the time but I've outgrown it and there are alot of shows similar to Smallville so I hardly watch it nowadays... Smile
neneehnoisnafita
Hi...
i´m not fan of Smallvile....not taste very of looking at these types of programs...here in the Bazil until Smallvile makes sucess, but i don´t attend
miau
I used to watch Smallville every sunday (here in Brazil).
Scaramanga
gh0stface wrote:
It's not too bad of a show. Although the show kind of throws off the continuity in the comic books.

Which continuity? Very Happy
Seriously though, haven't there been quite a few different versions of Supes "early" years? It's been a while since I've read any comics, but I do remember a big deal about John Byrne changing his origin story somewhat drastically (I'm not sure if this was pre- or post-Crisis on Infinite Earths though.)

That being said, I do watch and enjoy Smallville for what it is, lighthearted TV faire with a fairly decent cast. I think Ira Glass, of This American Life was once quoted that he watched the show: "Smallville is like a Domino's pizza. While you're eating, you're thinking, 'This is good, and it reminds me of pizza, but there's not enough flavor in each bite.' That's the feeling you have the entire time with Smallville—that it's just about to be good, but it never is." and then "Then she'll [my girlfriend] say, 'Why are you watching?' and my actual answer is an answer that a 12-year-old would give, which is 'He's got superpowers! He can fly!' Even as I'm saying it, I realize it's the truth, but what's wrong with me?"

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to watch a show about a guy with superpowers. It's just that so few of them are done well (Buffy of course, springs to mind.)
Raijenki
I like it...
Young Superman rlz
matt87
What is there not to like about Smallville? I admit that some of ther acting sucks but I watch it because of how they pull off all the effects. It would be extremly hard to follow the actual story and keep their veiwers watching so they have to change things around. I don't blame them... I hate the way some episodes are taken but the other episodes are all right. I have seen every episode to date and still wait every Thurday for the next episode.
Lanochka-ru
I love this serias! It's interesting and always new.
And superman himself is so damn HOT!
wumingsden
I also used to watch Smallville all the time but not so much now. I think the storylines are too weak for all of the actors/actoress' ability's.
I now follow shows like:

Charmed - new series
Hex (in England)
Nip/Tuck
I Dream
Aki
Lanochka-ru wrote:
I love this serias! It's interesting and always new.
And superman himself is so damn HOT!

Yeah spot on I love the show but I don't always get to watch it with so much work stacking up. Evil or Very Mad
elekis
it's a serie that I like it's cool and funny even if that serie is became expert on pass out. (every time than clarck kent needs his superpower ho my good , all witness swoons)
<joke on>
I really think that serie must be show on medecine scool to study "how to fallen whitout have anything"
<joke off>

otherwise, it's a funny serie
and (to do lke up)
I follow lost saison 2 - desperetes houseswife and stargates

a+++
coker
I was a huge fan but now that they started to show everthing again (on our TV) I´m just waiting for new parts to come on our TV Mad
BurgerPimp07
Yeah one thing I don't like about Smallville is that they pass new episodes for a few weeks, then cut it for one or two, while they pass re-runs. Like just recently they had new episodes going for a while, and they took a 3 week break. New epidose this thursday though. Smile
matt87
BurgerPimp07 wrote:
Yeah one thing I don't like about Smallville is that they pass new episodes for a few weeks, then cut it for one or two, while they pass re-runs. Like just recently they had new episodes going for a while, and they took a 3 week break. New epidose this thursday though. Smile

Ya they had reruns for 2 weeks and it pissed me off. But hopefully the new one coming up this Thursday will make up for those 2 lowsy reruns that I have seen a million times.
kr3tu
I watched smallville while it was shown on TV, I tried to not lose any episod. It's really cool series IMO, I enjoyed every part, even if I watched it twice or more, hail clark ;D
Olivia Wood
Honestly, I'm not what you'd typically call a fan of Smallville... The plot's cheesy, the whole Lex deal is habitually melodramatic, the female journalist character is irritating beyond my ability to cope, Clark is a big doofus, and Lois Lane is an annoying bimbo - and they just had to give her a nickname, didn't they? Rolling Eyes Plus I usually like my fiction to at least admit the existance of physics. (And please no one take offense - I realize my standards are perhaps impossibly high.)

What I do like about the show, though, is how freakily colorful it is. Has anybody noticed that? I can always tell when it's Smallville on TV, even if there's no familiar characters on screen, just based off the color scheme. (My mom claims not to like and/or watch the show, yet somehow she just happens to be sitting on the couch surprisingly often while it just happens to be playing on the TV. Wink )

Anyway, they do the cool/warm thing really well. Lex could be talking to his dad in what should be total darkness, and half his shiny bald head will be this really pretty blue and the other half will be orange. During the day, half the settings are pink and purple and yellow, while the characters wear the contrasting colors. It's like the whole show's been tye-dyed, and it never ceases to amuse me.

So, yeah. Smallville's great. : )
kain
I absolutely love smallville! It's one of my favorite shows. Chloe's hot. I wish Clark would marry her instead of Lois. She's obnoxious.
BurgerPimp07
kain wrote:
I absolutely love smallville! It's one of my favorite shows. Chloe's hot. I wish Clark would marry her instead of Lois. She's obnoxious.

New episode tonight. Smile

I think they haven't been as good lately, and tonights' sounds like it isn't going to be the best anyways. www.thewb.com. It's supposedly all Lex' s dream, about how his life would be if he left luthercorp.

At least it is a new episode even though I think the season finale's and premieres are the best. The ones inbetween are kind of cheesy and pointless.
picsite
love smallville....though anyone think that it was better before and now it is becoming a bit more lame....I think this applies to a lot of shows. I also heard they are making a spin-off from smallville called Aqua-man which should be pretty coool.
dray101
i've only seen like the first two seasons, what are the new ones like?
where i am they only showed the first two seasons are the new episodes better, worse or the same? i think the first season was better than the second

i hope that it didn't get any worse cause i really like smallville at first Crying or Very sad
darklighter
Just the same situation. Repeating the first 2 seasons for 10 times and still nothing new. So, just downloaded it. The 4h season is a lot better than the 2 first with lois showing up Cool. But, nothing better than season 5 :d Cool
Scaramanga
dray101 wrote:
where i am they only showed the first two seasons are the new episodes better, worse or the same? i think the first season was better than the second

i hope that it didn't get any worse cause i really like smallville at first Crying or Very sad

Actually I'm the opposite as I felt the first season (and to a lesser degree the second season) were weaker, and were mostly moster-of-the-week type episodes with no real character development or overarching story line. I think the last two seasons have been phenomenal in setting up some interesting events.
dray101
Scaramanga wrote:
dray101 wrote:

Actually I'm the opposite as I felt the first season (and to a lesser degree the second season) were weaker, and were mostly moster-of-the-week type episodes with no real character development or overarching story line. I think the last two seasons have been phenomenal in setting up some interesting events.

Kewl I love it when OK or GOOD series become GREAT yay!!
ainieas
Smallville is one of the reasons tv is still worth watching these days. Very Happy
matt87
ainieas wrote:
Smallville is one of the reasons tv is still worth watching these days. Very Happy

I agree.... its one of the only shows I watch on TV other then it I dont watch TV much. I love The Simpsons but I never see any new episodes always reruns.
todabeat
the show is pretty addictinc. I recently visited mexico and they have it there in spanish, i asked them how they liked it, and they told me to shut up becuase it was on... lol. So i guess they really love it. But they onl have the first 3 seasons. I guess they are still recording the lagueage into spanish for the fourth and fifth season.
Jamatu
I used to watch this but not too much anymore, i'll wait till the bos sets come out and just buy that Razz
users
the story is good, that's one of the reasons i hooked up with it, and i like the weird friendship lex and clark have. Laughing well, im kind of outdated in the newer episodes because i cant watch tv bec. of my weird working and sleeping sched, but i like smallville generally.
PaLa_PL
I watched Smallville too. I think this tv show is verz good.I like him verz much and I waiting for fresh episodes!!
nakamaru
This has to be close to the 500th smallville thread on this site.
Scaramanga
nakamaru wrote:
This has to be close to the 500th smallville thread on this site.

I've only been here for about a month and a half, but a search turns up no other Smallville threads. Admittedly, the show HAS been on for 5 seasons, so I assume there's a good chance that there's at least 2 threads per season, but that'd only make like 10 threads ever... not 500. Hyperbole much? Very Happy
matt87
Tommorrow... Jan 12, 2005 the 100th episode will be on. But unfortunately I can't watch it. I am disapointed but good thing I have someone to record it for me. Episode #5-10: "Fanatic" ... I have heard many rumors about this episode about something happeneing because its the 100th episode. I don't know if it will air the same time for everyone, because I know some places haven't even seen the 4th season yet.
darkdante
i do really love smallville because i am a fan of superman since my childhood days. smallville shows all the missing pieces of the superman saga. it portrays how clark kent spent his teen life while on the process of discovering all of his abilities.

can't wait to watch season 5 of this series...
kung_fu_stu
There is no denying that Iam also a huge Smallville fan. I've seen every episode to date. I just can not wait until he learns to fly; just going to throw that out there. I would also like to see some more episode involving other super heroes, like the one with Aquaman ( do not recall the episode name).

As a side note that episode just shows that Erica Durance (Lois) is the hottest woman on the show. I dare you to disagree!
matt87
kung_fu_stu wrote:
There is no denying that Iam also a huge Smallville fan. I've seen every episode to date. I just can not wait until he learns to fly; just going to throw that out there. I would also like to see some more episode involving other super heroes, like the one with Aquaman ( do not recall the episode name).

As a side note that episode just shows that Erica Durance (Lois) is the hottest woman on the show. I dare you to disagree!

Ya.... I must agree that Erica Durance is pretty hot.
Empath
I really love Smallville. Probably my favourite show on TV at the moment.

Although I wasn't such a huge fan of the whole '3 Elements' storyline - apart from the ending, that was a great season finale.

The one thing I don't like is that it's pretty much a dead cert' that Chloe will die at some point (in my opinion anyway), as far as I know she doesn't appear in the comics, whereas everyone else close to Clark does. Sad
kung_fu_stu
I don't own a television but I do make a point of watching smallville in what ever way I can. I'm glad the show has evolved to have higher stakes than it use too. It's more superman now.

Aside from that the fact that I have to wait so long for each episode is killing me. They have so many weeks off between each episode that I can hardly remember what happened the last episode.
molif
smallville is a great show..

was hooked to the show coz of lana lang.. she is beautiful..

but then, now, im hooked to the story.. don care about lana anymore..

i hate her character now.. i don noe why..

but i love chloe sullivan.. she is sweet.. awwwwwwee..
kung_fu_stu
Hurrah Lana and Clark finally broke up. My roommate and I have been waiting for that too happen all damn season.

I'm also glad that they brought back James Marsters character, I can't wait to see where they go with that story point. This story point will hopefully lead up to an epic finale worthy of superman.
Rookiejas
smallvillle is a great show... i'm in aus so were only like season 3/4 which sucks
not my fav show but good stuff, better then stupid oc
molif
kung_fu_stu wrote:
Hurrah Lana and Clark finally broke up. My roommate and I have been waiting for that too happen all damn season.

duh.. i dowan to see them together anymore.. irritating.. i want him to be with CHLOE.. haha..
imera
Smallville is nice, I love that… I’m not sure quite what it is… it’s the parts when there is a lot of feelings, or when he is in pain. It’s weird how well people can act when they are in pain, some are really good at it and others… well, they should practice more. That’s what I love the most about movies and stuff, they are good actors. Very Happy
Prospero
I really love Smallville, though I have to admit that I hate one of its characters. Why the hell on green Earth Lana didn't die on Reckoning? The world would be so much better without her...
MYP415
Yea smallville is really good, definetely one of my favorite shows.
DarkJedi323
Smallville is the only show i watch to. I watch only smallville. It rocks. Very Happy
djfreakske
i really love smallville but they just stopped a little while ago with broadcasting the series and that really sucks Mad . but now i am just waiting for the new superman movie. because it allso looks a little bit like the smallville series, and i just love superman stuff.
Xcelerate
I like it. Of course, they seem to be "dragging it out" to an extent, and I'm not so much in for some of the more gruesome plot lines, but overall it's a nice show.
pierreft
I like smallville!!!
and the new season seems to be good !
Lana is so beautifull !!!
Embarassed
arno
I am a fan of smallvile. it looks like superman. I love superman too Smile
ryanh2006
I feel that I have a lot of catching up to do! My bros are really into it yet I have only watched the 1st season. I really liked it and I wished that I had kept up. But they tell me that things are really getting interesting so I feel that I just have to get them and watch them. Shows are winding down now so maybe in 2 or 3 months time I will get the chance to get thru them by the time S6 comes out. I have been going through the TV forums and so I thought that I would drop in and give my 2C worth. Ok guys gtg Smile
DarkJedi323
Those who said it looks like Superman. Smile Yeah it ofcourse looks like Superman because this serie is about Superman's teen life. Laughing
Game Fortress
Meh.. Smallville was pretty good a couple of years ago, but each season lowers its quality a notch or two. I dont watch it anymore.
talonsmallville
I really liked Smallville.
At the show my favorites are Chloe Sullivan and Lex Luthor.
I liked the others too, I guess Lana (KK) is too better now like actress - I loved her playing bad (like Isobell and Vamp Lana) - she is the best playing that characters.
I just not like with the way that relationship between Clark and Lana going on - They stay togheter, They not - He will tell her the truth, he will not. It´s very boring.
Hogwarts
Yeah, I love the show it rocks. I watch it every Thursday before watching Lost. But it's not going to be on for two weeks because of the final for "The Biggest Loser"... THE BIGGEST LOSER!!! What kind of logic is that.. *curses*
talonsmallville
Why do You think that show has lost audience on last episodes?
kung_fu_stu
That was one hell of a Season Finale. I really hope the other network signs the show because to leave it where it is would just be madness. My only squable is that I wish the rest of the season had more of the action that happened in the finale. Maybe the writers where trying to save it for the last show or something. All in all, it is going to be another summer of waiting.
chizeled
I think the CW has plans to pick it up. I read it on CNN last week. I like the show a alot and it has some interesting twists some times. The Season Finale was a shocker, and since it is one the main shows of the WB, the CW will pick it up. It has a backing and with the new Superman returns movie comming out, that should boost the shows viewing a little. And a new channel doesn't hurt either.
Guyon
Why, why, Why? Even call this show Smallville? I hated the Superman movies With Christopher Reed because they took a great story and just changed the entire world. Why not just call those movies Super Guy or something, because it did not even resemble the original comic.

Smallville is a slightly different story, it is written and acted much better, but my argument is the same. Why take a GREAT comic and change it? What makes them think they are that much better writers that they can improve Superboy? If they were better they could have made up there own hero and new original show. No, they had to hack a really good comic, as usial.

I tried to watch Smallville, but could not get past all the changes in story, characters (Lex Luther? what a sham), and personalities. Superboy was nothing like that. It may be popular, but the major fan base I bet never faithfully read the comic.
chizeled
I have to agree, but I like this version. It fills some gaps and it gets people interested in comics. I love that aspect. I love the Superman Comics, I really haven't seen any Smallville comics though, so I think the show has a leg up on that idea. I just like the orginal ideas they come up with. that is why I like it.
molif
smallville is great.. been watching the show since season one till end of season 5.. well.. lana lang got me hook to the show.. but slowly, the show moves its focus on superman himself which got the story more interesting.. much more interesting than watching pretty lana..
chizeled
I like lana, she is nice looking but her character is so mousy. I wish she would have some more confidence in situations. I think the most important character was eliminated too soon. I really think Johnathan Kent should return and I think he will some how return. But if they true to the comics, they won't bring him back. I don't know what other powers Clark will get but that it will be interesting to see what they are.
molif
yup.. but somehow.. i realli wish that chloe is the REAL lois.. darn..

if only i mean.. since they alreadi bring out the lois character on the show.. i love CHLOE SULLIVAN..

haha..

thats so true.. JK shudnt leave so early.. but i got this thinking HE WILL RETURN.. somehow..
Dean_The_Great
The only power we really haven't seen much of is the powerful breathe/ice breathe. I hope he discovers this, and is given more reasons to use some of his powers such as X-ray vision and flight! Hasn't used much of them yet.
molif
Dean_The_Great wrote:
The only power we really haven't seen much of is the powerful breathe/ice breathe. I hope he discovers this, and is given more reasons to use some of his powers such as X-ray vision and flight! Hasn't used much of them yet.

HE GOT SUCH POWERS TO BREATHE ICE..??!! hahaha.. maybe i wasnt a avid superman fan before smallville came out.. haha..
sonicj
Great series...probably my favorite. my son and i watch it together. kinda neat as i grew up reading superman. the storylines are rivetting, just hate having to wait till next season each time....cliff hangars kill me.
Christina17
I love Smallville!
Its the only show I'm watching in TV xD
In germany they repeat the third or fourth season at the moment, I don't now it exactly.
Woow I'm so exciting to see the new season
AzTeK
smallville was good for like the first season after that it really whent down, I don't watch it anymore like many other people.
molif
well.. tt sounds so sad.. its a good show though..