FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Thanks for setting up the faith forum

jeffryjon
Bondings, I'm not sure if this thread is relevant to this forum and please if you or the moderator(s) feel it's inappropriate just delete it.

The forum has existed now for over 2 months and allowing for a couple of unnecessary ripples in the pond, I've found it a much more enjoyable and positive experience than the same subject threads in P&R. As I see it, the forum has allowed for much more light-hearted debate and far fewer 'heated' moments, without adversely affecting the P&R forum as far as I can see. This is just to convey my thanks to you and whichever colleagues put the effort in to get the Faith forum established. Long may it continue Smile
deanhills
Can you show evidence why you think the Faith Forum is much more "light-hearted" than the Phil&Rel Forum? I see very little difference currently with the Phil&Rel Forum. In fact, the Phil&Rel Forum has been so heavily moderated lately that it has become tame in comparison with the Faith Forum. Any "perceived" attacks in the Phil&Rel Forum have been edited and stripped out from the discussions or spam canned. Whereas in the Faith Forum in comparison there seems to have been much more latitude given with less editing.

I also don't see much difference in the selection of topics either. With the exception of Indi and Matrix and Pentangeli (Pentangeli seems to have left Frihost), it would appear that all the people who are posting in the Phil&Rel Forum are also posting in the Faith Forum, and the other way round.

Phil&Rel Forum Topics
Breakdown on Logical Proofs
Questions for Christians
Ethics of wikileaks.
Wisdom, well..... what is it?
God is not a DJ
Useful Feng Shui Products
THE POWER OF FORGIVENESS.
Stats on Religiousity for the US
Provide evidence of the Supernatural (God et al.)
Forced to choose between immoral and irrational?

Faith Forum Topics
My "Faith" is in myself
satanic atheism
Do you have any faith that there is a "soul"
Do you believe because of Fear
Psychic Abilities?
You are Little
Buddhism - i need a word with someone who really knows it!
Atheism or Agnosticism... Which is more rational?
Path to faith
God is perfect
jeffryjon
Yes I can see your point Deanhills, though my personal perception is that those without God-based faith have retracted/edited certain posts made and in particular, Bikerman has apologized on occasion where potential overheating could have occurred and people have generally been more respectful of another's right to believe as they choose regardless of any contrary beliefs they hold.

We've also had better OP relationship control (not perfect, granted). In addition, we've had reduced flame-baiting because the stance of 'prove it or die' has been prohibited. Admittedly sometimes certain poster(s) have forgotten that, though it's been handled better (in my opinion).

Certain topics are bound to lead to misunderstandings and the possibility that someone sees it as a personal attack when that may or may not be true. On the whole though, the improvement of allowing people to express themselves without NEEDING to prove what they're saying has increased. My post wasn't claiming we now have a perfect solution, though it appears to me that people can express their faith with more freedom from full-on attack than before when we ONLY had philosophy and religion as a forum. Smile
deanhills
jeffryjon wrote:
Certain topics are bound to lead to misunderstandings and the possibility that someone sees it as a personal attack when that may or may not be true. On the whole though, the improvement of allowing people to express themselves without NEEDING to prove what they're saying has increased. My post wasn't claiming we now have a perfect solution, though it appears to me that people can express their faith with more freedom from full-on attack than before when we ONLY had philosophy and religion as a forum. Smile
OK. Got it! Smile Looks as though we have just gone through more of what you describe in the Phil&Rel Forum, so I may have to correct myself. It feels much easier to post in the Faith Forum than the Phil&Rel Forum. However the ease in the Faith Forum is not one that comes from absence of challenging debate. Nor has the acrimony in the Phil&Rel Forum necessarily got to do with challenging debate. You correctly pointed out that it has to do with misunderstandings and perhaps ego as well when the misunderstandings become confrontational in nature.
myfreedom
faith without work is death surely as the bible said...

I will get faith..

I will keep faith.

I will use my faith in all situaion.

Faith is believing fulling in God..