FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Coins and Frih$

tientavu123
How do we earn coins or frih$?
standready
Frih$ have actually been discontinued and you can no longer earn them. Coins are earned by having more than 45 points at the end of each day.
Here is a link to the explanation of coins: http://www.frihost.com/users/Bondings/blog/vp-119180.html

BTW: welcome to Frihost!
ocalhoun
Moved to Frihost Support.
Soloshow56
Must it up to 45 posts per day that u can earn a coin or wot, hw many coin per 45posts? And wen Fri is going to b back? I min 2b earning back?
saratdear
Soloshow56 wrote:
Must it up to 45 posts per day that u can earn a coin or wot, hw many coin per 45posts? And wen Fri is going to b back? I min 2b earning back?

Not 45 posts, it is 45 points. Your points are automatically reset to 45 each day, and whatever you have above 45 is converted to coins by the formula - (Extra points)^0.6

Bondings hasn't said when (if at all) the Frih$ are going to be back for earning.
nepalstar
Dear Friends, is that the way to earn Coins we have to score more than 45 points in day... or 45 Post per day...? I'm getting confuse...! I saw somewhere that at everyday our points will be reset to 45 right? if I got more than 45 points that will be rest to 45...? then what is the way to earn/score Coins...?

Plz let me know....

thanks,
sonam
nepalstar wrote:
Dear Friends, is that the way to earn Coins we have to score more than 45 points in day... or 45 Post per day...? I'm getting confuse...! I saw somewhere that at everyday our points will be reset to 45 right? if I got more than 45 points that will be rest to 45...? then what is the way to earn/score Coins...? Plz let me know....
thanks,

No, you don't need 45 points, or 45 posts in one day! In that case I am first one who will stop to post for coins. The system is quite simple. For each post you are getting POINTS. This points are deducted every day for 1. If you don't need free top level domain or something to buy in marketplace, then you don't need COINS and you don't need more then one two good posts per day to keep your free hosting. If you want more then free hosting then you need to post more and earn COINS. How you can do that.

Here is simple mathematic if you post for 5 points per day:
01. day - 5 points
02. day - 9 points
03. day - 13 points
04. day - 17 points
05. day - 21 points
07. day - 25 points
08. day - 29 points
09. day - 33 points
10. day - 37 points
11. day - 41 points
12. day - 45 points
13. day - 49 points (this is main moment where you will start to post for coins)
14. day - 45 points (the counter is reset on 45 and you will get 4*0,6=2,4 COINS)

For example if you post in 14. day new five points then you will get next day new coins.

14. day - 50 points (2,4 Coins - for13. day)
15. day - 50 points (5,4 Coins - for 13. day, 14. day)
16. day - 50 points (8,4 Coins - for 13. day, 14. day, 15. day)
17. day - 45 (you didn't post - 11,4 Coins - for 13. day, 14. day, 15. day, 16. day) Very Happy

Only what you need to keep in mind don't go below of 45 points what is meaning post every day. As long as you keep your posts more then 45 points you will get coins.

NOTE: This calculation is not exact, this is only example!

Sonam
nepalstar
sonam wrote:
nepalstar wrote:
Dear Friends, is that the way to earn Coins we have to score more than 45 points in day... or 45 Post per day...? I'm getting confuse...! I saw somewhere that at everyday our points will be reset to 45 right? if I got more than 45 points that will be rest to 45...? then what is the way to earn/score Coins...? Plz let me know....
thanks,

No, you don't need 45 points, or 45 posts in one day! In that case I am first one who will stop to post for coins. The system is quite simple. For each post you are getting POINTS. This points are deducted every day for 1. If you don't need free top level domain or something to buy in marketplace, then you don't need COINS and you don't need more then one two good posts per day to keep your free hosting. If you want more then free hosting then you need to post more and earn COINS. How you can do that.

01. day - 5 points
02. day - 9 points
03. day - 13 points
04. day - 17 points
05. day - 21 points
07. day - 25 points
08. day - 29 points
09. day - 33 points
10. day - 37 points
11. day - 41 points
12. day - 45 points
13. day - 49 points (this is main moment where you will start to post for coins)
14. day - 45 points (the counter is reset on 45 and you will get 4*0,6=2,4 COINS)

For example if you post in 14. day new five points then you will get next day new coins.

17. day - 45 (you didn't post - 11,4 Coins - for 13. day, 14. day, 15. day, 16. day) Very Happy

Only what you need to keep in mind don't go below of 45 points what is meaning post every day. As long as you keep your posts more then 45 points you will get coins.

Sonam

Thank you Sonam for your valuable information...!
iyepes
standready wrote:
Frih$ have actually been discontinued and you can no longer earn them. Coins are earned by having more than 45 points at the end of each day.
Here is a link to the explanation of coins: http://www.frihost.com/users/Bondings/blog/vp-119180.html

A silly question. If Frih$ have been discontinued, why are they still there? Some nostalgy? Smile
sonam
iyepes wrote:
standready wrote:

A silly question. If Frih$ have been discontinued, why are they still there? Some nostalgy? Smile

Old members with frih$ can buy some logo, web design, etc. in market place or position in directory listing.

Sonam
Ghost Rider103
iyepes wrote:
standready wrote:

Also, Frih$ will most likely be used for anything else that coins are used for.

There are some other things in the works that coins may be used for that Frih$ are also intended to be used for.

Also, people with Frih$ can add their website to the Top11 websites on the directory page. Which can be found here: http://www.frihost.com/directory/
metalfreek
There are three things here, Post, Points and coin.

When you make a post you get points depending on the length of the post.

The maximum points that you can have is 45 points and after that the more point you have earned will be converted to coins.

So, to earn coins you must have 45 points.

These coins are used to get free domain names from Frihost competition.
shkhanal
Oh my God!

It looks funny though. My points reached -358 and Frih$ 822. It appears that I will never be able to neutralize the negative point Surprised

It appears it has been years since I came back. Can't somebody remove my negative points and let me fresh start?

There was not coin system when I was active in this forum and frih$ had no meaning except fun. Its great that Frihost made its point system really useful. Now, it looks that members will be more eager to post more and earn more points so that they can earn more coins.

By the way, how these coins can be used and where can they be spent? Can we convert it to real currency or we can just buy some online services among members.

I was using ddBoard to get domain name. It was an ideal combination when I was using Frihost. I got my first domain name psExam.com through ddBoard and got my first hosting through Frihost. These two boards are great in my memory that started my online journey.

I'll always remain grateful to ddBoard and Frihoost!
saratdear
@shkhanal - Welcome back! Smile

You can request a point reset in your account page.

Coins can be used to buy a domain name. Now Frihost fills the gap made by DDBoard quite nicely. Smile That option too is there in your account page. You need 350 coins for a .com domain.
therimalaya
I was very much confused with these coins, frih$ and points. When i read these conversation, they really help me be clear about those things. Thanks to you all.
iyepes
I think I will use my FRIH$ for directory listing, one of this days Smile

That list is only for sites hosted here or can I list a site outside Frihost?
shkhanal
saratdear wrote:
@shkhanal - Welcome back! Smile

You can request a point reset in your account page.

Coins can be used to buy a domain name. Now Frihost fills the gap made by DDBoard quite nicely. Smile That option too is there in your account page. You need 350 coins for a .com domain.

Thank you Saratdear. I'm lovin the board ever more!
syj824
sonam wrote:
nepalstar wrote:
thanks,

01. day - 5 points
02. day - 9 points
03. day - 13 points
04. day - 17 points
05. day - 21 points
07. day - 25 points
08. day - 29 points
09. day - 33 points
10. day - 37 points
11. day - 41 points
12. day - 45 points

Sonam

so complex
sonam
syj824 wrote:
so complex

Actually not. Little bit is confused because owner change currency and now old members have two currency. But if you don't need domain just post regular and don't worry about coins and frih$. In that case only points are important for your hosting. Very Happy

Sonam
Tesa323
Thanks this Pretty much exaplained it all for me.
sonam
Tesa323 wrote:

Did I good see, you have 37 post in one day?! Shocked

Sonam
adri
sonam wrote:
Tesa323 wrote:

Sonam

There is a difference between 37 posts and 37 one-liners. Confused Which is sadly what Tesa323 is doing. Sad

adri
sonam
adri wrote:
sonam wrote:
Tesa323 wrote:

Sonam

There is a difference between 37 posts and 37 one-liners. Confused Which is sadly what Tesa323 is doing. Sad

adri

Yeah, you are right this is difference. I didn't check Tesa's posts. Sad But, Tesa haven't any link in signature and I don't think this is going in spam way, maybe just first enthusiastic. Laughing

Sonam
Tesa323
I couldent find how to quote you but this is actually the first active forums Ive joined. Most of the forums I've joined have about 2 or even 3 active people which is really kinda lame. I actually like this forums because of all the topics it has. And has alot of good jokes and threads that I can relate to.
saratdear
Tesa323 wrote:
I couldent find how to quote you but this is actually the first active forums Ive joined. Most of the forums I've joined have about 2 or even 3 active people which is really kinda lame. I actually like this forums because of all the topics it has. And has alot of good jokes and threads that I can relate to.

The quote button is to the top right of the person's post, next to the report button. See? I've quoted you. Smile
nepalstar
Currently my status is:-

Frih$: 0.00
Coins: 66.51

Can Somebody tell me how to get Frih$ and use of this Frih$...?
sonam
nepalstar wrote:
Currently my status is:-

Coins: 66.51

Can Somebody tell me how to get Frih$ and use of this Frih$...?

No chance if someone not donate to you. You can earn Frih$ if you offer some service in Marketplace, too.

Frih$ you can use in same way like coins (except, if I am right, buying domain), and in that case you don't need it. Wink

Sonam
nepalstar
sonam wrote:
iyepes wrote:
standready wrote:

Old members with frih$ can buy some logo, web design, etc. in market place or position in directory listing.

Sonam

Please donate me some frih$ as I don't have any. As I came to know that I can't get frih$ without donating someone to me...
Navigator
Coins and how to get a domain is NOT being explained in the FAQ, this is important for the newbie I think.
nepalstar
I have active account on Frihost. and my frihost account details are:

Coins: 79.31

I don't have Frih$ so I want to make some frih$ but I don't know how...? if anybody knows about this plz tell me of donate me some frih$ please...!
ocalhoun
nepalstar wrote:

I don't have Frih$ so I want to make some frih$ but I don't know how...? if anybody knows about this plz tell me of donate me some frih$ please...!

The only way to get Frih$ anymore is to get them from other users.
The marketplace or contest forums would be a good place to start.
u16888
ocalhoun wrote:
nepalstar wrote:

The only way to get anymore is to get them from
The marketplace or contest forums would be a good place to start.

I see Frih$ should be gotten by other users. so someone or anyone can give me little Frih$ now