FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The world god only knows

ato784
Have you read/watched The world god only knows?

It is about:

Quote:

From Wikipedia

Keima Katsuragi, a second-year high school student, is an avid bishōjo game player. He is known on the Internet as "The God of Conquests (落とし神, Otoshi-gami?)" for his legendary skills to be able to "conquer" any 2D girl in games. However, in his actual school life, Keima is known as otamegane (オタメガネ), a derogatory portmanteau of the two words otaku (オタク) and megane (メガネ-"glasses"), and is considered nothing but an intelligent yet gloomy geek with glasses.

At the start of the series, Keima receives an e-mail offering him a contract to "conquer" girls. When he accepts it, thinking it is an invitation to a game, a demon from Hell named Elsie appears. She asks for his cooperation to help her in catching runaway spirits. These spirits hide themselves inside the hearts of girls, and Elsie suggests that the only method to force the spirits out is by "conquering" the girls hearts, making them fall in love with him and filling up the gaps which the runaway spirits hide in. Interested only in 2D girls, however, Keima is appalled by the idea, and refuses the assignment as he has no romantic real life experiences whatsoever. Nevertheless, with the contract already agreed, Keima has no choice but to help Elsie no matter what, as they will be beheaded if they fail.

Aside from focusing on Keima and Elsie's adventures on capturing spirits, the series also makes fun and parodying common and popular cliches about dating sims, anime character stereotypes, and pop culture.

Personally I enjoy the manga, and the anime seems to be a faithful adaptation of the manga.
amperx
quite an interesting story, somewhat can relate to real life, i was knda like that when i was young, just games games games and being quite nerd at school, but it changed on middle school too lol xd
ato784
LOL, but not like this though I imagine.
Wingsandwrinkles
I enjoyed the anime and I personally cant wait for the new season to come out this april.
ato784
so the new season starts in april, ok. I keep forgetting to look stuff up like that. lol.
drunkenkoz
I actually enjoyed this anime more than I did others. It's not everyday that you see an anime that involves gaming to that degree, exception to this is .hack which revolved around a game world. I just don't under stand how the main protagonist, Keima, doesn't fall into a deep depression after have all the girls forget that they ever loved him. Since I haven't read ahead in the manga there might be a similar case scenario related to that, but I won't know until next season.
kacsababa
There were already signs of that in the 1st season, a little sadness appeared on him after almost every arc.
I think it will happen.
drunkenkoz
kacsababa wrote:
There were already signs of that in the 1st season, a little sadness appeared on him after almost every arc.
I think it will happen.

I'm hoping it does happen because it's only natural. Hopefully Elsie and Keima fall in love towards the end of the anime.
iman
Interesting anime, the first half was really good, but I got a bit bored at the end.
Maybe because I was watching Amagami SS at the same time?

But I'll definitely watch season 2! Very Happy
ato784
iman wrote:
Interesting anime, the first half was really good, but I got a bit bored at the end.
Maybe because I was watching Amagami SS at the same time?

But I'll definitely watch season 2! Very Happy

"Maybe because I was watching Amagami SS at the same time?"

yeah, that may be it since that is a lot of love.
drunkenkoz
I really enjoyed the second season of this anime and hoping for a third. They did a good job creating it.
Nameless
I've read some of The World God Only Knows manga, and I have to say that it is the only romance-heavy story that I have fairly been able to describe as also being awesome. Some of the later more complicated angel/devil plots I haven't cares for as much though.
loremar
Sounds interesting. Though sometimes I find Harem anime genres a little freakish, but the story seems interesting. Kinda reminds me of Clannad. And they both have something to do with games, which makes it more interesting.

I'll definitely watch this next time, if I find time.
ato784
loremar wrote:
Sounds interesting. Though sometimes I find Harem anime genres a little freakish, but the story seems interesting. Kinda reminds me of Clannad. And they both have something to do with games, which makes it more interesting.

I'll definitely watch this next time, if I find time.

it is almost an anti-harem show, it either ignores or makes fun of all the stereotypes that other shows religiously follow, which makes it a great deal of fun to read/watch.
loremar
I just finished watching it. I was kinda skeptical at first. I was like, "Oh, conquering girls. Awesome Neutral "
But I was surprised I enjoyed it a lot and got hooked into it.

The final episodes of both season were hilarious. I like Keima's God of Conquest mode, I was laughing the whole time but appreciate the fiery passion in him. Then you hear Keima singing like crazy.

I'm looking forward to season 3. Is there? The final episode of season 2 seems to show some new characters, maybe a season 3 perhaps?
ato784
loremar wrote:
I just finished watching it. I was kinda skeptical at first. I was like, "Oh, conquering girls. Awesome Neutral "
But I was surprised I enjoyed it a lot and got hooked into it.

The final episodes of both season were hilarious. I like Keima's God of Conquest mode, I was laughing the whole time but appreciate the fiery passion in him. Then you hear Keima singing like crazy.

I'm looking forward to season 3. Is there? The final episode of season 2 seems to show some new characters, maybe a season 3 perhaps?

There should be. I read the manga now and it is still going on, but the end is in sight, so possibly one or two more seasons should finish up the show. I hope it gets them.
kacsababa
Unfortuntely there is little hope for any sequel to the anime.

Both sesons had low view rate on TV and not so good DVD/BD sales. Creators hinted that there is a possibility of a third season if the latest OVA (after the 2nd season) sells well, but it wasn't in the end, it didn't even made it into the ranking charts.
ato784
kacsababa wrote:
Unfortuntely there is little hope for any sequel to the anime.

Both sesons had low view rate on TV and not so good DVD/BD sales. Creators hinted that there is a possibility of a third season if the latest OVA (after the 2nd season) sells well, but it wasn't in the end, it didn't even made it into the ranking charts.

that's too bad Sad I don't watch the anime anymore, but it was an accurate portrayal of the manga, which i really enjoy.

I feel like if it did reach the actual ending that it would sell a lot better after the series ends. (since manga to anime translators don't seem to do to good on endings)
donoob88
i never heard and watch of it.. seem like a powerful anime or something Very Happy
i never heard and watch of it.. seem like a powerful anime or something Very Happy

Powerful Laughing that's the first time I have heard an anime be described as powerful. lol.
lobokun
i watch it and i tought it was good.. too bad we cannot apply the same ideal he use to win all those girls hearts .. if it only was that easy
ato784
lobokun wrote:
i watch it and i tought it was good.. too bad we cannot apply the same ideal he use to win all those girls hearts .. if it only was that easy
lol, i know right?
hitose
Truth does not know her, but the name looks familiar that it is still a common phrase. Well be time to look.
drunkenkoz
ato784 wrote:
lobokun wrote:
lol, i know right?

If only it were all possible!