FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which one is better? Joomla or Wordpress

tamilparks
I am going to design a new website... shall i know which one is better and best?

JOOMLA or WORDPRESS

i want to integrate the google adsense also... so please give me the tips..
gh0strec0n_legit
I think joomla is way more customizable. Being that it is more customizable it also makes it more complicated where as wordpress is simpler and easier to use in my opinion.
jmlworld
Go for WordPress, mate. I may be biased here, but WordPress is way, way better than Joomla. Here are my reasons:

-1- You don't need to be decent in PHP and XML to design a WordPress theme. All you need is to design your theme in HTML, download WordPress, open the default theme (currently Twenty Ten), and look at the little functions that pull posts, images, stylesheets, etc...

-2- Joomla has something called modules, and another thing called components. WordPress has only Plugins.

-3- Decent Joomla plugins are not free, or are out dated, or are poorly coded, but in WordPress, you can find almost any plugin you wanted for your site in WordPress's plugin repository for free.

-4- There are more WordPress fanatics than Joomla. They can help you for free.

-5- Joomla is complicated. It's administrator dashboard is frustrating to newbies; WordPress has taken care about back-end usability.

-6- WordPress supports custom post types, custom nav menus and post formats. Joomla does not (or it does in a difficult way).

-7- About 10% of the whole internet (the websites) is powered by WordPress.

-8- You can use WordPress for anything you want: simple blog, CMS, forum, job-board, project management system, question and answer site, e-commerce site, online dating site, etc... It's a framework.

Hope these reasons will help you.
CheDragon
gh0strec0n_legit wrote:
I think joomla is way more customizable. Being that it is more customizable it also makes it more complicated where as wordpress is simpler and easier to use in my opinion.

I agree with that
Rishabhsahi
Joomla is the best one available in the market.
ankur209
Definitely Joomla !! Because you can use the ready to go on templates for building your side and you can easily upload the website without any hassle..!!

I'm a Joomla user from last one year and am enuf expert to help you out in this .
I have used Wordpress also but din't found it good as it oesnot provide you with good templates.
So its not so good.

As far as Google Adsense is considered ,Joomla will make it much easier as they also provides you modules that can help you out in inc your SEO and popularity.
Installing modules is simply uploading the zip file.

and you don't need to have a good command on HTML or PHP.You can simply do it easily. Wink
tamilparks
thanks for your tips, i am having only a basic html knowledge only..
jmlworld
ankur209 wrote:
Definitely Joomla !! Because you can use the ready to go on templates for building your side and you can easily upload the website without any hassle..!!

Don't say that Joomla has easier installer than WordPress. This is misleading mate. It takes only 5 minutes to upload and install WordPress.

As for templates, WordPress has the largest themes available online. There's a theme for almost anything someone can imagine.

And WordPress is more like an app where joomla is a CMS.

ankur209 wrote:
As far as Google Adsense is considered ,Joomla will make it much easier as they also provides you modules that can help you out in inc your SEO and popularity.

WordPress is more SEO friendly than Joomla. WordPress has native support for canonical urls, SEO friendly titles, etc. Also there are supper plugins for SEO and XML sitemaps for free.

As for Adsense, I can name 10 adsense plugins for WordPress which can easily display google ads anywhere in your site.

I didn't want to envoke WordPress vs. Joomla depate though, both systems are good, but one is more easier to configure and is more average-user friendly than the other.

I've developed applications and themes/templates for both systems, and WordPress is more flexible from design/development point of view.

Good luck.
tamilparks
jmlworld wrote:

As for Adsense, I can name 10 adsense plugins for WordPress which can easily display google ads anywhere in your site.

Good luck.

jmlworld can you please tell me the 10 adsense plugins for wordpress and suggest me the good adsense plugin...
jmlworld
tamilparks wrote:
jmlworld wrote:

Good luck.

jmlworld can you please tell me the 10 adsense plugins for wordpress and suggest me the good adsense plugin...

Well, I know that you don't need all these 10 plugins (which simply do the same work in different ways) Very Happy

Try this plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-plugin-for-simple-google-adsense-insertion/

It allows you to insert adsense on the fly, or in other words, anywhere on your site. In the sidebar (widgets), in pages, inside posts, etc.

Let me know if it works for you.
mgeek
Use WordPress, man, it is easier to use and customize. It has plugins for your GoogleAds too.
sunitha
Each of them also has its own advantage and disadvantage. In my opinion, Joomla is the best, if you want to save your time. Word Press is easy to use for beginners, however it lacks of friendly towards web designers and developers.
mukesh
tamilparks wrote:
I am going to design a new website... shall i know which one is better and best?

JOOMLA or WORDPRESS

tamilparks

JOOMLA or WORDPRESS both are best but depend on you. In WORDPRESS have not more knowledge but I used JOOMLA. In JOOMLA already templates (3 - 4) available you can easily edit.
kmr_mukund
joomla is far better than wordpress.
zimmer
tamilparks wrote:

JOOMLA or WORDPRESS

for me its JOOMLA
Navigator
I am biased towards WP, killer documentation and huge community support, amazing plugins. But it depends on what you want to do!
simple-thought
It will always be your requirements which will determine what is better for you. However, considering the Joomla and WP, Joomla provides a super set of features, with every thing WP plus much more. But that feature set does come with a relative complexity. In short, simple blog WP, more than that Joomla is the way to go!
ankitdatashn
Just the kind of information I was searching for, I guess I have made up my mind - Wordpress it is!! Smile
johans
for me depends on what is your site purpose.. me i go with Joomla. I find it easy and can handle easily.
simple-thought
Again key decider should be "What you want to do?", both are amazing open source frameworks.
mgeek
Wordpress. It is easy and convenient. Easy to install and convenient to upgrade.
simple-thought
Invest in something as versatile as Joomla, and you will be good for most cases.
Ultrak1ll
Ask yourself the following question: Do I have the skillzzz?

If you don't then you will probably fail with Joomla because its harder than it looks Very Happy

My opinion, Wordpress is easy, but Joomla its powerfull.

You can customize both systems (look at the templates out there, you cant even recognize what the website is running on anymore, and I'm not talking about commercial ones).

When I want something special on my website I just add it as custom html Smile

Quote:
for me depends on what is your site purpose

as I said earlier, you can do anything with both
simple-thought
I totally agree with Ultrak1ll, if you are an absolutely new starter go for Wordpress. It will be smooth to start, subsequently you can migrate to joomla, if needed.
infinity_xpeed
i'll try both of them
rhanks all
busaboss
My vote goes to Wordpress! Very Happy
simple-thought
Joomla represent a super set of features as compared to Wordpress. It is like Wordpress plus much more. However, that feature set come with added complexity.
crystalkey
I use Wordpress for the blog. As far as "BEST", there is no "BEST". There are literally hundreds of CMS's out there. Experiment and find one that suits you. Personally, I've tried Joomla / Mambo in the past and could never get the site quite right ....
darthrevan
jmlworld wrote:
ankur209 wrote:

Don't say that Joomla has easier installer than WordPress. This is misleading mate. It takes only 5 minutes to upload and install WordPress.

As for templates, WordPress has the largest themes available online. There's a theme for almost anything someone can imagine.

And WordPress is more like an app where joomla is a CMS.

ankur209 wrote:

WordPress is more SEO friendly than Joomla. WordPress has native support for canonical urls, SEO friendly titles, etc. Also there are supper plugins for SEO and XML sitemaps for free.

I didn't want to envoke WordPress vs. Joomla depate though, both systems are good, but one is more easier to configure and is more average-user friendly than the other.

I've developed applications and themes/templates for both systems, and WordPress is more flexible from design/development point of view.

Good luck.

I would also prefer Wordpress over Joomla. Like the above post says, Wordpress is more SEO friendly. I have seen some people say that Joomla has more security issues as well. Also creating Wordpress themes seems to be easier, atleast for me.
johans
i have read a lot from comparison of Joomla and wordpress, every one choose there preferred based on there needs and satisfaction in using CMS.

for me, no need to compare these both CMS are good depending on how you drive it.
jazzman
tamilparks wrote:

JOOMLA or WORDPRESS

I have no experience with WordPress, but let me tell you about my experience with Joomla. I started building a website only about a month or so ago and came across Joomla as one of the options. I had the website installed, configured, designed and live in about less than a week. Then as I started to get more comfortable with the tools, I started installing extensions to extend the functionality of the website. Amazingly I now have a full fledged website with a lot of extensions installed. And all extensions are completely free. Joomla is very easy to use. I am now in the process of picking up some PHP and other stuff so I can learn how to customize templates, and other extensions.
I am hoping to try out WordPress. I have heard good things about it. But bottom line is that Joomla does an excellent job at building out websites...expecially for a beginner.
Hope this helps.
mgeek
Wordpress is easy to set up, just a few clicks. Actually, not more than two clicks. And it has a great community that is active in producing plugins and themes for your site.
goaaliensstation
Joomla suits my projects better. Want to take a look at Drupal. Seems like a decent CMS as well.
subhan1
Joomla is best but if you want that in a easy way WP is good for you
ian11
I would go with WordPress as it is more established, has a bigger community type following and has tons of plugins and themes for free. Some themes and plugins are paid and you can always hire a developer to build plugins and themes for you as well. So go with WordPress if you need the adaptability and versatility it has to offer. Joomla is a bit simpler, but not necessarily easier to manage, so I definitely recommend WordPress from my ten plus years experience working with such blogging systems.

Good luck,
ian11
mukesh
tamilparks wrote:

JOOMLA or WORDPRESS

According to me Joomla is best but work easy in wordpress (if you have to create simple site).