FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can .tk domain be made into Google Search

ankur209
I have a .tk domain but whenever i typed that full url www.technoankur.tk The google doesn't show any results regarding this.
When i type technonakur.frihost.org ,then only it shows the result.

how can i make my .tk domain search result made into Google search ??
k_s_baskar
Google will take even several weeks to index a website. It depends upon the content and backlinks the website have. try to get backlinks from PR 3+ websites like directories,blogs etc., so that you can get indexed easily. But i always recommend to go for TLD's like .com/.net etc.,
the-guide
I think Google see your site has only frame in it and also has no content, what Google look at your site is....

<html>
<head>
<title>technoankur.tk</title>
<meta name="description" content="technoankur.tk">
<meta name="keywords" content="extraordinary,personal,website,making,ankur,kumar">
</head>
<frameset rows="*" framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="NO">
<frame src="http://www.ankurkumar.frihost.org/" name="dot_tk_frame_content" scrolling="auto" noresize>

</frameset>
<noframes>
<body>
</body>
</noframes>

</html>

You should add more content to your site first and try promoting your site through social networks
that can help Google bot found you site faster. Also the title and description meta tag should be
express something more related to your site and have your primary/secondary site's keyword in them.

ankur209
You mean that once my website will be enough popular,then google will show the .tk website in its search results. ??

Someone told me that .tk domains are never shown in search results as they are not SEO friendly because .tk uses iframes...!!

Whats that ??
watersoul
ankur209 wrote:
Someone told me that .tk domains are never shown in search results as they are not SEO friendly because .tk uses iframes...!!

Whats that ??

Urm, imagine that your website is a TV in a room in a house. Lets say a person viewing your website/TV from outside the house (using Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer etc) can magically transport themselves through the window, and see the TV (website) in all it's beauty.

Google, on the other hand, doesn't do this, so all Google can see is the window of the house with directions explaining where the TV (your website) is. Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer etc) are able to follow the directions and get to the TV (website).

A 'frame' is essentially an independent web-page which pulls the real content into it (like looking through a window of a house), you can see it because of the frame, but the 'real' URL/address of the content can be at a completely different place on the net than the frame/window of the house.

The .tk domain is actually living at a .tk server, but by using frames, it will pull content for the viewer from wherever the user has set it to point. You could set a .tk domain to point at bbc.co.uk but the domain will still be hosted by .tk, and bbc.co.uk will still be hosted at bbc's server. The .tk frame will act as a 'house window' allowing you to see the TV/website in the place it's pointing at. The location in the address bar 'blahblah.tk' is still a real webpage, it's just pulling all the content from somewhere else.

I hope that's helpful-ish?
truespeed
Your site doesn't show up for any indexed pages.

site:technoankur.tk or site:www.technoankur.tk
the-guide
ankur209 wrote:

Whats that ??

You can try searching with the key site:*.tk and then see how other .tk sites done in order to get
indexed by Google.

However, you no need to worry so much about the .tk name if you run it as a hobby BUT if you really
need to run your site for an important purpose such as a business not just a hobby, it is highly
recommended to use another TLD (Top Level Domain Name) such as .com .net .org .info instead.
Also, nowadays TLD is not too expensive to buy.

watersoul
Or post enough on frihost to earn 350 coins and apply for a free domain voucher? Wink
mahirh
tk allows nameservers , so why not add frihost name server in the tk domain rather than iframes or redirects, this can gretly impact your pagerank on google
ankur209
hOW TO ADD NAMESERVERS ??
pLEASE TELL ME
mahirh
ankur209 wrote:
hOW TO ADD NAMESERVERS ??
pLEASE TELL ME

im sorry i cant give you a picture walk-through of this because .tk is blocked in Qatar due to commercial reasons
however , i may able to give you the steps which may be wrong (a few years old from my memory)
Code:
login in to dot.tk website
click on my domains
click on modify
select custom dns from the list
click on configure
now type in  ns1.frihost.org and ns2.frihost.org
click on next , you should see a success message
30 minutes later , your tk domain will be permanently attached to your frihost account

you could use .mp domains , they are both better and seo friendly while being free at he same time
get one at chi.mp
fladry
Dot tk domains are not really good if you are serious about your website. So, i would recommend to avoid it in any way. Your all hard labour is gone when they suddenly take your domain for no reason(they really do this, i am the victim Sad )
k_s_baskar
fladry wrote:
Dot tk domains are not really good if you are serious about your website. So, i would recommend to avoid it in any way. Your all hard labour is gone when they suddenly take your domain for no reason(they really do this, i am the victim Sad )

They will take your domain if you did't satisfy their T&C . The main rule is you want to get minimum hits to hold the domains with you.
mahirh
fladry wrote:

as far as i know , you cant host websites on dot.tk , they just assign domains to it , so your hardwork is still surviving
ogah
ankur209 wrote:
I have a .tk domain but whenever i typed that full url www.technoankur.tk The google doesn't show any results regarding this.

because you use it as redirect domain

my site use dot.tk domain and have google pagerank 1
spring567
Google will list your site one day.
xevo
Using .tk is very bad idea - they will take away your domain if it's too popular...
Sw4k1ll4r
I think you're better off getting a free domain from here, but at the moment the .tk will do. I think Confused
smokecapital
.TK is just a frame of your real website, so your website address will be indexed (which needs a few days or weeks), but not the .tk-"domain".
mahirh
nope, Google has banned them from search results!
MineF
Yes, my .tk website was on google.
But I had to request it on google and it
took about 3 weeks when I found my site on Google
Silent123
I have a .tk website now too, mine isn't showing up yet.

The code it's html, i think it's allright, but since it«s the first website I ever made I don't know much about it.

Its a guide for european's created it about 72 hours ago.
http://www.europe-swords-buy.tk/index.html

Is the html code "all right"? and I already configures SEO schearch options...

If .tk does not really show up, i probabçy will register it in a .com domain for one year or something...

Best Regards
busaboss
Don't pick dot tk as your domain name unless it is alright for you to lose it. I have heard a lot of bad experience about thew that when your site gets 500 visitors a day, they will suspend it without any valid reason.
Silent123
That really must suck.

Thanks for the info, seams im going to register in a .com sooner then I though .S

Best Regards
ath8484
All my current research to find a .tk site listed in google search has been unsuccessful. Going by the above discussions, I understand the reason for it is blamed on the domain being an iframe. But, that’s the case with most domain names. Mostly the domains are pointing to the hosts regardless of the extensions (.com, .net, ..) so I’m not sure if iframe is the reason to blame.
I understand one of them was able to request google to include there website in its search list. Anybody here have an idea how that can be done? Smile
briankid
that means i will have to stay away from .tk cos i also search google and didnt find any . Thanks for all these infos cos have been using this provider for years with knowing this
j525548
ankur209 wrote:

Same thing is happening for my site.
j525548
the-guide wrote:
I think Google see your site has only frame in it and also has no content, what Google look at your site is....

<html>
<head>
<title>technoankur.tk</title>
<meta name="description" content="technoankur.tk">
<meta name="keywords" content="extraordinary,personal,website,making,ankur,kumar">
</head>
<frameset rows="*" framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="NO">
<frame src="http://www.ankurkumar.frihost.org/" name="dot_tk_frame_content" scrolling="auto" noresize>

</frameset>
<noframes>
<body>
</body>
</noframes>

</html>

You should add more content to your site first and try promoting your site through social networks
that can help Google bot found you site faster. Also the title and description meta tag should be
express something more related to your site and have your primary/secondary site's keyword in them.

Then how do you explain my site???
ogah
after google penguin, all free domains not have good SERP. can not be found at first 100 pages
inuyasha
xevo wrote:
Using .tk is very bad idea - they will take away your domain if it's too popular...

Many so-called free top domain services do that! Sad So I'd prefer a free subdomain provided by ChangeIp.