FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Black Swan

rogue_skydragon
Hi everyone!

I saw this movie just a few weeks ago. I thought Natalie Portman was absolutely perfect in this role. Anyone else see this film? Share your comments!
Radar
I'm hearing interesting things about this movie. Not sure what to think yet, but it sounds intriguing.

I mean, that might end up meaning it's a movie with an interesting premise that I don't actually want to sit through.
loyal
Psychological horror? No thanks.
TurtleShell
What was this about?
jackamla
I was wondering how the Black Swan would have been if someone like Brian De Palma had directed. The number of deaths would probably have been increased - mother Barbara Hershey have been targeted, probably the director Vincent Cassel ballet.
deanhills
TurtleShell wrote:
What was this about?
It is a very serious psychodrama of an obsessed ballet dancer Nina (Natalie Portman) who gets her dream role in "Swan Lake". She has to appear convincing both as the evil Black Swan Odette and the good White Swan Odile. She eventually becomes completely conflicted between the two and gets the roles of the other players competely distorted as a result. One is the relationship with a best friend, who was a rival for the role she got who becomes an arc enemy through her imagination with negative consequences for their frienship. There is also a character in the movie Thomas, who insists she must investigate the dark side of herself. This conflicting situation gets her to self-mutilate with blades.

I think it would depend on the viewer whether the movie would be good or not. Some people could be completely drawn into the movie and learn from it. Others could find it a bit over the top.
eday2010
deanhills wrote:
TurtleShell wrote:
What was this about?
It is a very serious psychodrama of an obsessed ballet dancer Nina (Natalie Portman) who gets her dream role in "Swan Lake". She has to appear convincing both as the evil Black Swan Odette and the good White Swan Odile. She eventually becomes completely conflicted between the two and gets the roles of the other players competely distorted as a result. One is the relationship with a best friend, who was a rival for the role she got who becomes an arc enemy through her imagination with negative consequences for their frienship. There is also a character in the movie Thomas, who insists she must investigate the dark side of herself. This conflicting situation gets her to self-mutilate with blades.

I think it would depend on the viewer whether the movie would be good or not. Some people could be completely drawn into the movie and learn from it. Others could find it a bit over the top.

You left out the part where Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis have hot girl-on-girl sex, including one going down on the other.
deanhills
eday2010 wrote:
deanhills wrote:
TurtleShell wrote:
What was this about?

You left out the part where Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis have hot girl-on-girl sex, including one going down on the other.
Embarassed You're right, that was quite an important relationship in the movie. Twisted Evil
muson
a very boring movie, I do not recommend
LostOverThere
muson wrote:
a very boring movie, I do not recommend

What didn't you like about it? There are many things one could describe Black Swan as, but boring definitely isn't one of them in my opinion, especially considering how fast paced it is!
rogue_skydragon
Natalie Portman won the Academy Award for Best Actress in A Leading Role for her work in this movie...and she absolutely deserved it! Mila Kunis was definitely another force to be reckoned with in Black Swan.
mary79
I must admit I wasn't very thrilled about watching that movie. ok, people say it's great and all, but it looks too dark and enigmatic for my taste. Something like an european movie (I'm European, I know what I'm saying!) LOL

Well, it's just my personal opinion, don't kill me for this Razz
barbera123
its a worth watch movie..... Natalie port-man is amazing and she got an Oscar for it....
inuyasha
It's quite interesting that one of my classmates evaluate it as a horror film and another one art film. I agree to the latter opinion. It's a movie about our souls, our inner desire to fight. But I haven't watched it yet. It tops for 2 weeks in Japan, to my knowledge.
Tesa323
Wel this movie seems like it's a great movie I've been wanting to watch it for quite some time now but never bothered to try and watch it with all the reveiews I've been seeig on this movie I might actually try and watch the movie this time hopefully this movie dosent let me down but I'm pretty sure it won't with all the great reveiwd it's been getting.
tomisme
Yes, I just watched it a few weeks ago. It was a really outstanding performance!