FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wireless Desktop RFI

Dennise
My EX-100 Logitech cordless desktop (keyboard and mouse) work great except for one problem .. RFI kills the connection to my PC and sometimes even locks up the PC. A reboot and reconnect sequence restores the connection.

This happens whenever a nearby ham radio transmitter is operated. The frequencies around 3.9 mhz and 7.2 mhz seem especially likely to kill my wireless desktop connection.

Has anyone experienced this?
weableandbob
Nope, I stick with wired to avoid weird problems like this. If the ham radio transmitter is yours, why not just not use it while your computer is on, or just unplug the cordless desktop when you do? If it isn't, I would suggest switching to wired, although I suppose if you really want to stick with wireless, a large faraday cage could solve the problem, it's just completely impractical XD
FunDa
That is a problem. I don't know if a Faraday cage or something would work, but would be nice if it does.

Is it possible to adjust the frequency on either the ham radio or the connection so that interference does not occur ?
chatrack
Dennise wrote:
My EX-100 Logitech cordless desktop (keyboard and mouse) work great except for one problem .. RFI kills the connection to my PC and sometimes even locks up the PC. A reboot and reconnect sequence restores the connection.

This happens whenever a nearby ham radio transmitter is operated. The frequencies around 3.9 mhz and 7.2 mhz seem especially likely to kill my wireless desktop connection.

Has anyone experienced this?

That ham radio equipment is not tuned for the antenna. The SWR of the transmitter may be high,
that is why it is causing local RFI.