FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

new season of anime

ato784
is anyone looking forward to/enjoying the new season of anime?

Personally, there is nothing that i really care for this season, which is unusual for me. normally there is at least one show i would enjoy.
driftingfe3s
The only thing I've watched so far is Infinite Sratos and I think its okay from what I've seen.

I haven't had much free time since I have finals but my friend tells me "Kore wa Zombie desu ka" is interesting. "Level E" also sounds interesting as well.

Hopefully I find something interesting. I think I dropped most of everything I watched from the fall season.
kacsababa
I have a few of the new/coming animes on my "Plan to watch".

Beelzebub is hilarious, in the manga I love it, in anime not so much. Mostly because of those scenes where our baby boy shocking everybody with lightnings when he cry. It's in the manga too and the problem is not the fact he does it, but they use it too much in the anime; It maybe funny at first but when they do it in every minute it just bores the viewer.

Freezing is another one which I read in manga, but I'm not a fan of that either. It's okay, if you like the kind of shows where big boobed girls fighting and usually come out of a battle with considerably less cloth on their body. But the long story arc is good (known from the manga), worth the effort, and the "hareming" is not so strong as it may seems at first, which is a plus in this anime.

Infinite Stratos is as driftingfe3s said okay. It could be really good I think if they would concentrate more on the aciton and a more serious story arc, but it seems it'll be just a generic harem show. Although I kind of like harem shows too (its my flaw Smile), but its still a disappointment.

Fractale seems great, maybe it will be my fav this season. Its an old kind of fable story and I just love the art, the first episode seemed like a movie, not a tv show sometimes. I hope it will be the same later too (not like for example it was in Kurokami, where the first fight was amazing, then they couldn't replicate that later)!

I plan to watch some more, like the mentioned Kore wa Zombie desu ka or Level E too.
Pikokola
Fractale and Hourou Musuko has a high probability to be decent, since after all they comes from the noitaminA time slot which already brings us some awesome animu.

and it comes pretty good, both of them has a good arts, I have no doubt about it. The music are kind of good in many ways ( Fractale's Sally Gardens really caught me off guard :_) ). Not just that. both of them really put some cultural critics plot and it might turns really heavy for those who understands that.

Kore wa Zombie Desuka put comedy in a different level, it's amazing how they depict zombie. Not too much fanservices, decent plot, so-so

Paulla Magi Madoka Magica gives a really strong impression in the first episode, tough it's turns really slow in the 2nd-current episode (ep 4) but I still has some faith that it might be good. The surrealist fighting scene might be good for some people but could be confusing at the same time for other people, like watching some random renaissances arts.
the music... for those wo watchs Mai-hime/otome it comes from the same composser, Kajiura Yuki, wiki it, she might be considered an overrated composer, but she really put some feelings in her music.
ato784
some of those shows sound good, but not as good as last season.

At least "the world god only knows" season two is coming/is out (i cant remember) however, i am reading the manga and just dont care to watch and read it.
menino
Let me know if there are any good anime which is more scifi - like gundam, or the likes.
QrafTee
My friend showed me Infinite Stratos and I think I might start watching it--shame its only a few episodes in.
Wingsandwrinkles
i am enjoying this season actually mainly freezing, kore wa zombie, dragon crisis, IS, and Yumekui Merry are my current favorites.
amperx
i still havent seen this one :/ ill probably start downloading now, xd
iman
Watching 10 shows this season, halfway through.
Here are my thoughts for some of these shows:

Dragon Crisis - enjoyable, although the characters are a bit stereotypical, and some are underdeveloped. Still entertaining though.

Beelzebub - this one's hilarious. There aren't a lot of anime with a theme like this.

GOSICK - probably one of the better shows this season. The plot in each episode is very interesting. I'd recommend it.

Fractale - this one's also good, but it'd get boring at times. The setting is interesting though, so it's entertaining for me. It also has this season's best OP.

Infinite Stratos - MOST GENERIC ANIME EVER. harem, fanservice, swimsuits, mecha. It's like all the temptations in the world crammed into one anime. I still watch it though, because I'm a guy.

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? - The protagonist of this anime is a zombie. This show is funny at times, but some scenes are srsly serious. A good watch.

Yumekui Merry - This one would have been better if it weren't shown at the same season as Madoka. This one's also one of the better shows.

Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne—!! - At first I thought it would be about little sisters, but I was wrong. This is a show about perverts. Note: About perverts, not for them.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - No doubt the best anime this season. This show is just not your common mahou shoujo anime. It's a really dark anime. Good job, shaft. Go watch it.

TL;DR watch Madoka if you haven't yet.
ato784
iman wrote:

Dragon Crisis - enjoyable, although the characters are a bit stereotypical, and some are underdeveloped. Still entertaining though.

Beelzebub - this one's hilarious. There aren't a lot of anime with a theme like this.

GOSICK - probably one of the better shows this season. The plot in each episode is very interesting. I'd recommend it.

Fractale - this one's also good, but it'd get boring at times. The setting is interesting though, so it's entertaining for me. It also has this season's best OP.

Infinite Stratos - MOST GENERIC ANIME EVER. harem, fanservice, swimsuits, mecha. It's like all the temptations in the world crammed into one anime. I still watch it though, because I'm a guy.

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? - The protagonist of this anime is a zombie. This show is funny at times, but some scenes are srsly serious. A good watch.

Yumekui Merry - This one would have been better if it weren't shown at the same season as Madoka. This one's also one of the better shows.

Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne—!! - At first I thought it would be about little sisters, but I was wrong. This is a show about perverts. Note: About perverts, not for them.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - No doubt the best anime this season. This show is just not your common mahou shoujo anime. It's a really dark anime. Good job, shaft. Go watch it.

Wow that is a lot of shows to keep up with, and lol " some scenes are srsly serious"

also what do you mean by

"Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne—!! - At first I thought it would be about little sisters, but I was wrong. This is a show about perverts. Note: About perverts, not for them."
iman
ato784 wrote:

Wow that is a lot of shows to keep up with, and lol " some scenes are srsly serious"

This is a show I didn't expect to be serious, so I was pretty surprised with some of the darker scenes.

ato784 wrote:

also what do you mean by

"Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne—!! - At first I thought it would be about little sisters, but I was wrong. This is a show about perverts. Note: About perverts, not for them."

When I read about its plot in wikipedia I thought it'd be something like Oreimo, but well, I haven't read the manga yet. What I can say is most, if not all of the characters in this show are perverts.
kacsababa
I was in the same boat as you, I expected something similar from OniiKoto as OreImo (those long titles duh Very Happy), although my expectations was lowered because of the trailer, I stalled it after the first episode and I do that rarely. I almost never drop anything for good and may come back to this "perv-town" again... Smile
menino
There is an anime based on the comics called Wolverine, but created by the Japanese animators.
Anyone watched it, and is it worth watching... is it as exciting as the real wolverine?

There is also an animation of Iron Man, but I think that is from marvel itself.
kacsababa
The Iron Man animation is an anime too, it has been done from the same Japanese studio as Wolverine: Madhouse.

The Iron Man anime was straight bad I think, the Wolverine is a bit better but still not good.

Madhouse has a contract with Marvel so they doing a few other marvel adaptations too, a Blade and an X-Men anime will come soon.
Before Marvel they actually done some DC stuff, specifically Batman: Gotham Knight and they doing a live-action tv show adaptation too, Supernatural. Actually the first ep of that is out but don't have good english subbed release so I did not watched it yet.
drunkenkoz
iman wrote:

Actually four of these animes I'm really getting into on this list. They would be Gosick, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?, Infinite Stratos, and Dragon Crisis.