FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Weezer

Splitlife
Has anybody heard of this band? They're my second favorite band, next to Green Day. Weezer's latest album, Make Believe, with songs such as Beverly Hills and We Are All On Drugs is freaking awesome.

They also have four other albums that own.

But the sad thing is that they're planning to break up after their show "Foozer", a tour with Foo Fighters.
jarcelao
i remember the "buddy holly" days of weezer... the music video of that song is bundled with the windows 95 cd and i used to play it over and over again... i love that song! great band! Cool
JoeCool
YAY a weezer fan! Very Happy I am very glad to hear someone speak of Weezer , for I am myself a big fan of them, but however I am very sad Crying or Very sad to hear they will be splitting up. I have not heard anyone speak of this. Sorry you had to be the berier of bad news.. Such a pity, they were a great rock band. Actually.... thats wierd I didn't even realize that i am listen to them right now... I have my media Player on random... lol Anyway...... Peace
ddukki
I think everyone's heard of this band. I first heard them in 6th grade and they were the sh-- then. Now, they've gotten a bit too mainstream for me. Still awesome though. I still turn on Say It Ain't So and Undone (The Sweater Song) almost everyday.
babaoriley821
I have to say, they've been slacking since their sophmore (Pinkerton, which was a GREAT album, as was The Blue Album) So I can't say that I'm sad that they're breaking up anymore. Rivers has obviously lost his way as a musician. The Weezer of the mid-nineties would never have written Make Believe, mostly because they weren't concerned with being cool or getting fans. The fact that Weezer made a mediocre bland album (Beverly Hills is just for radio exposure, the least he could have done was say Shit instead of Crap to make it rhyme) soley to be heard by everyone is ironic considering Blue Album consists of songs about Sweaters and listening to KISS in his garage (In The Garage consists of the line "I've got 12-sided die" a reference to Dungeons and Dragons. I somehow think the people who listen to Beverly Hills would talk to people who even play it)

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if the album actually sounded like what Weezer is supposed to sound like, but alas all their songs are each to apeal to certain groups of music listeners rather than establishing the kind of music they want to make.

No mattter what happens we will always have the 2 great Weezer albums to remind us of a time when Weezer was making their own music.

I would also like to add I'm not condemming anyone who likes the new album, its purely opinion of what you like. But please if you have Make Believe but no other albums by Weezer I would encourage you to PLEASE go buy The Blue Album and Pinkerton.
DJCognizance
Oh Weezer, how i love thee so. I agree fully though, they have gone down hill. The blue album was amazing and Pinkerton was even better. You can deffinetly see the drift towards the mainstream after Pinkerton. Still, a great band nonetheless.
icugaming
Blue and Pinkerton are their only worthwhile albums.
jarcelao
icugaming wrote:
Blue and Pinkerton are their only worthwhile albums.

Yeah. You are definitely right. Smile
ankhezar
music is good, but many critics say that this album is not so good as older ones
petgraveyard
I just saw Weezer on the "Foozer" tour about a week ago. They actually put on a very nice show, with some songs I never heard that were quite good. I am sad to say that they did not seem like the main focus of the show, instead Foo Fighters were. And may I say, the Foo Fighters were amazing! I only think this was the last concert for Foo Fighters, no idea about Weezer...
Yantaal
Agreed, i ws listening to these years ago, and Beverly hills is a song that seriously lacks. We are all on drugs is a song im in a bit of doupt with. but i love the good old days of hash pipe and as prebiously stated Buddy Holly
pll
I listen weezer and I like much the song "We are all on drugs"...
I like her... but it's not my favorite group...
Empire
I love Weezer man that F-cks that they are breaking up... :'(
gnomme
Splitlife wrote:
Has anybody heard of this band? They're my second favorite band, next to Green Day. Weezer's latest album, Make Believe, with songs such as Beverly Hills and We Are All On Drugs is freaking awesome.

But the sad thing is that they're planning to break up after their show "Foozer", a tour with Foo Fighters.

in the CD of Windows 95 there is a movie clip from them! expplore it!!! Idea
therestofus
I dont like their music AT ALL! I think it is soooo annoying.
1day
Splitlife wrote:

Beverly Hills rocks.. its awesome Very Happy
Dino
i`m not a weezer fan, but i like to hear them
JoshBenezra
Weezer rock. I saw them for free once. I was walking down the block around that park on 14th street in ny (i forget the name of the park) on my way to the supermarket and these 2 girls stopped me. They asked me if I was a Weezer fan and I said totally and started singing some Weezer songs to them. They said we got a few tickets for this free weezer show being put on by mtv and they have an extra ticket and did I want it? I said hell yeah! So instead of the supermarket I went to see weezer in a smallish club for free! It turns out if they had tried to get rid of the ticket in front of the club they could've gotten big bucks for it, but I lucked out and scored them for free! It was an awesome show too. At some point during the show weezer ask so you guys like mtv? and the crowd went booooooooo noooooo. It was hilarious. It was a great show and totally out of the blue. That was a really good day.