FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How fast can you rap?

Bondings
I bet this one is faster:
deanhills
Is it my imagination, but was the production speeded up artificially, i.e. it sounds as though it is more the YouTube show that was made faster, than the rapper rapping faster? Or maybe both?

I like it when the rappers rap slower, as I like to listen to the words. The faster the rapping, the more inaudible the message becomes.
adri
deanhills wrote:
Is it my imagination, but was the production speeded up artificially

The mouth is pretty accurate with the sound so I don't guess the sound was speeded up. Also if you look at the cat, it doesn't move faster than normal so the entire video isn't speeded up as well (or maybe just a little bit to give that *Wauw* effect). But with no doubt, that guy can rap pretty fast. Smile

Nice video Bondings. Smile

adri
deanhills
adri wrote:
deanhills wrote:

The mouth is pretty accurate with the sound so I don't guess the sound was speeded up.
Well if you speeded a show up, then the mouth movements would speed up as well, wouldn't it? Not only the sound? And they should still be matching?
adri
deanhills wrote:
adri wrote:
deanhills wrote:

The mouth is pretty accurate with the sound so I don't guess the sound was speeded up.
Well if you speeded a show up, then the mouth movements would speed up as well, wouldn't it? Not only the sound? And they should still be matching?

Yeah but like I said, then the cat should move faster too and the cat isn't really that fast and acts pretty normal. It could be though that the video is speeded up a little bit that it is not that visible in the gestures of the cat and the singer...

adri
Bondings
deanhills wrote:
adri wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I doubt the video is speeded up.

Adri already mentioned that the video itself (like the cat) would look like moving too fast, but this only makes it very unlikely to be speeded up.

I think the major reason for this being the real speed is that audio is very hard to speed up or slow down while sounding the same. If it was speeded up, the voice of the guy here would be very high (of course depending on the actual speedup factor).
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
I doubt the video is speeded up.

Adri already mentioned that the video itself (like the cat) would look like moving too fast, but this only makes it very unlikely to be speeded up.
OK, I agree, maybe like those really old OLD silent movies. So agree, this guy does rap FAST!

Bondings wrote:
I think the major reason for this being the real speed is that audio is very hard to speed up or slow down while sounding the same. If it was speeded up, the voice of the guy here would be very high (of course depending on the actual speedup factor).
This makes good sense to me, wow, pretty amazing. Wonder how much he had to practice to get it like that?

I checked YouTube and found this World Guinness Record Holder Show of the Fastest Rapper in 2009, since then he has improved on his record, but what I like about this show are all the tests that were put in place to qualify as the fastest Rapper:
standready
Too fast to understand. I thought the purpose of words was to communicate, not just blah,blah,blah. He might as well just squeal like a pig. Even those guys that speed read the "legal" in radio commercials are at least understandable.
deanhills
standready wrote:
Too fast to understand. I thought the purpose of words was to communicate, not just blah,blah,blah. He might as well just squeal like a pig. Even those guys that speed read the "legal" in radio commercials are at least understandable.
Agreed, I can't understand the words either. But I guess this is about the fastest rapper .....

I thought the show below was a really good one, as it is focussed on rapping as many words of the alphabet as the guy could, but also rhyming it into a nice rapping presentation:
spinout
wow, I have never heard rap before. Strange kind of music - when came that??
mexiwithacan
spinout wrote:
wow, I have never heard rap before. Strange kind of music - when came that??

spinout, maybe checking out BET would get you acquainted with the genre. Very Happy It's pretty big in the United States, and some of my favorite artists include Eminem, T.I. and Tupac. Unfortunately I haven't encountered any good rap songs lately, although that's probably because I listen to American Top 40 all the time.
deanhills
I'm not a fundi of rap songs at all, but I really do like them. What I like about them is that they are stories that are presented with lots of attitude, passion and trying very hard to get a point through. Everything moves with the words, including the body, facial expressions lots of hand gesturing. If well done, it can be a master piece.
spinout
hm, eminem I have heard of - wasn't he the one that Bruno landed on (fake collapse of a wire) in a some kind of music awards? The other 2 I have never heard of - truelly.

I listen to music up to 1966 - or similar sounding today. Im a retro guy.