FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mouse custom buttons help!

samsung180
I have an HP 2.4GHz Wireless Laser Mobile Mouse. It has a button on each side which can be customized to execute a specific task. One option is to run a web browser. I selected this, and when clicked, Internet Explorer opens up. I don't have this installed and have Google Chrome set as my default browser. Any help on how I can get my mouse to open Chrome?
sonam
Independent of your OS you have some Control Panel. In XP is there "Mouse" icon. Click on icon and try to find "Buttons" options.

Sonam
FunDa
samsung180 wrote:
I have an HP 2.4GHz Wireless Laser Mobile Mouse. It has a button on each side which can be customized to execute a specific task. One option is to run a web browser. I selected this, and when clicked, Internet Explorer opens up. I don't have this installed and have Google Chrome set as my default browser. Any help on how I can get my mouse to open Chrome?

You have Windows and Internet Explorer. (Internet explorer is installed by default on all Windows computers and cannot be removed)

But you have installed Chrome and set it as the default browser. (All webpages open with chrome)
If the mouse shortcut button still opens internet explorer, then the best way to change it would be to install the HP Wireless mouse driver software from the CD they gave.

Once installed you can access it from Control panel and change what program each button opens.

If you have the HP driver installed(not the default driver which Windows installed for u), then look in the settings of the driver.