FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

do you agree for same sex marriages?

kharol_016
i have a debate next Wednesday about that topic, any idea or suggestions?
coolclay
My reply depends on your definition of marriage. It we are talking about a union recognized by the government than I say yes, same sex couples should not be discriminated against in terms of rights. But if you talk about marriage in the religious sense, than no, I don't because that is attempting to make a something holy (holy matrimony) out of a sinful relationship.

I think you should research the topic and decide what you believe. Debating is always fun as long as you are well versed in the subject matter, and ca back up your beliefs with solid evidence.
menino
coolclay wrote:
My reply depends on your definition of marriage. It we are talking about a union recognized by the government than I say yes, same sex couples should not be discriminated against in terms of rights. But if you talk about marriage in the religious sense, than no, I don't because that is attempting to make a something holy (holy matrimony) out of a sinful relationship.

I agree with coolclay... if the government says ok, then go ahead, but from a religious point of view, especially the catholic church among other religious chruches and authorities, if it does not allow it, then the couple can choose to abandon their religion, and go where they need to go.

This is still a controversial topic in so many places, and communities, apart from countries and respective states.

For a debate, you will have to choose one side and argue it to your advantage.
Part of winning the debate is believing in the topic as well.
makathebear05
of course.!!
Cheeldash
I don't like marriages, for same sex and for differents sex. But if someone can do something it should not have limitations due to someone sexuality, ethnicity, religion and such things.
mengshi200
Same sex is not good act.so marriage is certainly not good.
though wo should be respect other people's choose.but not equal to we agree their wrong living way.
mengshi200
According east medical and religion include Christianism,Gay is bad better than lesbian.
deanhills
I agree with Coolclay. You need to figure out what the definition of a marriage is first. Then after that, maybe discuss why a marriage would be necessary between two partners of the same sex? Also what the differences would be between marriage of two partners of different sex, and two partners of the same sex?

And then finally what the law says and the legal implications for having a marriage of two partners of the same sex.
natilovesmike
Well, I definitely agree that same sex marriage should be legal. I don't see why not, there is nothing wrong when two people love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together. They are not hurting anyone...

I know some people would say it is "inmoral" but I would tell those people to look again and redefine their moral concepts. As long as there is not deceit, murder or hurting of another person then, I don't see why people are not allowed to be happy.
Bluedoll
kharol_016 wrote:
i have a debate next Wednesday about that topic, any idea or suggestions?
You could look at the debate from several perspectives then decide which you want to highlight in your debate and what stance you wish to take.

1. Same sex from a law perspective. Some countries recognize same sex marriages while in some countries people are looking at the death penalty. I think my country is correct in how it administers law.

2. Same sex from a moral/religious perspective. Depending on the church there could be some interesting discussions about this. I believe God puts love above all things.

3. Same sex from a social perspective. Discussion could center around how people interact with society depending on location. Also what about the impact on children and future society in same sex families?

hope this helped in some small way
Smile
kharol_016
thanks! Smile
vibedynamite
I believe that same sex unions should be allowed, separating church and state. But I understand why organized religion rejects the idea.
Greatking
The image of God is both male and female and is reflected in a godly union between male and female where the creative power of God, His life-giving, His self-giving and His moral nature are perfectly expressed. This is only possible in a heterosexual union.

When God created a partner for Adam He created Eve - not another Adam. This means that perfect partnership requires some level of difference as well as a level of similarity so great that Adam could cry out loudly, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh". Sexual intimacy between a man and a woman is the normal method of male/female bonding (emotionally and physically) because it corresponds to the design of our bodies and because it is the normal means by which offspring are created.

If God had intended the human race to be fulfilled through both heterosexual and homosexual marriage, He would have designed our bodies to allow reproduction through both means and made both means of sexual intercourse healthy and natural. Homosexual anal intercourse carries a high risk of disease, this is recognized in Scripture where gay men are said to receive in their bodies the due penalty for their error (Romans 1:27).
mengshi200
execllent opinion!I will translate to chinese to tell chinese gay.this conclusion is same as east relious and medical.