FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suggestion -> A small one though

Do you want the Introductions Forum to be removed?
Yes. There's a lot of spam there.
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
No, I like to spam and see spam dominate this forum.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
I don't care. I like to see people spam.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

yjwong
I've made this suggestion before, but no one has replied on that topic.

I would like to suggest that admins remove the Introduction forums.
It's a spamming heaven for newcomers and so.
People just go there and say hi and they get 1 FRIH$.
Nameless
I think the introductions forum should stay... but perhaps, with no frih$ gain. The people that write long and good introductions, that is a good thing. People posting 'hi im pstng her', not such a good thing.
babumuchhala
Introduction forum should stay.

Its the first place u posted for sure (at least i did & so did bondings & so did most of us)

Introduction gives new members change to get acuiated with the forum. You just cant expect them to come & post directly in say scripting forum

As for what is sapm is the replies. "Hey d00d welcome to the forum" I f we can stop them say replies to the Introduction forum that would be great.
n0obie4life
Thats simple.

Set the reply permission to admin or mod.
althalus
But how welcome would one feel if no one replied to ones "hello I'm here" thread (save for the admins / mods)? Confused I would rather suggest to have no points rewarded.
n0obie4life
Anyone who has been here long enough, should know that Points and FRIH$ was enabled at the Jokes and Funny Picts forum.

And anyone who could remember, should know how much copy and pasted stuff we get there.

Now, we get MUCH lesser posts there.

So, disabling points and frih$ at the intro forum doesn't do much. It just brings the spamming somewhere else.

I call that - Solving a problem by redirecting the problem somewhere else.

Thats not getting rid of the problem.
babumuchhala
I have one solution.

Maybe as suggested we close the Introduction froum. Start A NEW STICK in General Section where one must introduce themselves in that topic only and no where else. So it becomes a long list of ppl that come to this forum will introduce themselves in. This way we can have a hugely controlled introduction.

I donno if the merge mod has been put in place or not. If yes we could merge all the posts of introduction forum and maybe have a record for the longest Introduction thread ever Wink
n0obie4life
1. The problem with the users here is that, THEY DON'T READ STICKIES.

2. The merge mod is in place.
babumuchhala
Since the merge mod is in place we can do it but would be a hell of a task. Any post not in the sticky can be just merged there. Yes it wont be easy by any means but maybe reduce all the clutter Smile
OnlyOneLife
Actually, I've made the suggestion before, but it was denied.
Jack_Hammer
I am I the only one that voted for?
Quote:
No, I like to spam and see spam dominate this forum.

lol, but seriously I agree that introductions are good but people should not gain FriH$ from posting there (Like funny pictures and jokes section).