FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Just join but a bit disappointed

Ghaban
Hello, just joined because i wanted to host one of my python scripts just to see if it works properly, but then i see that you have to post in the forums, and have 'points'? where do i get this points? And will this not result in people writing in threads even though they have nothing to add ?
adri
You get points if you post on the forums. Longer posts will result in more points for that post with a max of 5 points per post. Smile In most of the forums the points are enabled but in this forum, the introduction forum, they are disabled because it was causing a lot of SPAM. Confused

You won't be disappointed though about our hosting. Smile Normally all of your scripts will work on the Frihost servers. Smile You do have to stay active on the forums the keep your hosting, just keep your points in the positive area and you'll be fine (one post each day is enough to do that, so it's nit really a biggie). If you get really active you'll probably also collect coins (you get coins every day if your points are higher than 45) which allows you to buy a premium domain name with your coins (so you get a free .com, .net if you trade your coins).

Enjoy your stay on Frihost,

adri
adri
Ghaban wrote:
And will this not result in people writing in threads even though they have nothing to add ?

Yeah, sometimes we get some members who think that they can get Hosting if they just SPAM the board but as all of the hosting requests are handled by humans, this won't work. You do have to make 5 quality posts (=more than one line and with something useful for the whole thread) in order to get free hosting.

adri