FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How Can I Remove Unwanted URLs From Google Search Result?

the-guide
Recently I've removed some scripts from my web-site, the scripts generated URLs that include
parameters start with ? look like /index.php?ftr=. But now Google still index the pages and look at
them as duplicated contents since they not show "error 404 page not found" but show same contents as
/index.php page.

How can I remove those URLs from Google's search result pages and their database?

Can I add only the code Disallow: /*? into robots.txt or I need to add all unwanted URLs to Remove
URL Tool in Google webmaster tool? If so, how can I use wild card to specify the unwanted URLs
instead adding every URLs I don't want?

Appreciate and thanks very much in advance.

the-guide
Still waiting your advice please.
I try submitted disallow function to the robots.txt but they're not removed yet.
Have anyone here has an experienced about that?

Thanks again.

michaelagustin
If you are using google chrome, firefox. try to press hold ctrl+shift and press delete. you clear everything. then the unwanted or visited website will clear at all.
the-guide
michaelagustin wrote:
If you are using google chrome, firefox. try to press hold ctrl+shift and press delete. you clear everything. then the unwanted or visited website will clear at all.

I mean a lot of unwanted web-page's urls of my site that still indexed by Google. The urls generated by
some scripts that I have been removed from my site. I want Google to to de-index and remove them
from search result pages.

chatrack
Hi,

I think you can "play" with htaccess file in the root directory or in sub directory, and
modify it suitably such that any query with index.php?ftr= is redirected to your new
page meant for it.

Such things can be done by editing htaccess file.

Reffer : http://www.webhelpinghand.com/htaccess_redirect.asp
the-guide
chatrack wrote:
Hi,

I think you can "play" with htaccess file in the root directory or in sub directory, and
modify it suitably such that any query with index.php?ftr= is redirected to your new
page meant for it.

Such things can be done by editing htaccess file.

Reffer : http://www.webhelpinghand.com/htaccess_redirect.asp

Thanks to "chatrack" I will try this way. Can I use wild card? Looks like this...

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^ftr=(.*)
RewriteRule /* [replacer_a] [R=301,L]

Don't know how long Google will de-index them.

Thanks a lot again.

Lsindo
Disallow all the unwanted url from your robot txt file. This will help.