FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

NEW ZODIAC SIGNS!!?????

andysart380
has anybody else heard about this garbage. they want to change all the signs to different dates and fit a 13th sign in all because the earths new rotation and longer year and what not.. i say thats a bunch of bullshit.. opinions please?
rjraaz
Yes that is right they have introduced 13th sign named OPHIUCHUS, which identified as birth date between NOVEMBER 30 - DECEMBER 17 and is just because of alignment of earth.
_AVG_
What? 13 Zodiac Signs? I don't believe in all this nonsense about starsigns, predictions, etc. but I mean, all you superstitious lot should be stirred by something like this : 13... the number 13!!! Laughing Give me a break. I honestly don't think it will be very easy to introduce this new zodiac but anyway, I never really cared so it doesn't really bother me that much.

No offence intended to anybody.
Ghost Rider103
Id have to agree with AVG. Ive never been too interested in zodiac signs, so i really dont care if they add one. They can remove them all and it wouldnt bother me.

But, for some strange reason, adding this zodiac sign will probably cause some frustration.
iman
that's fine with me for a change.
at least they made my day more interesting.
Also, I feel a little sorry for scorpio who only has seven days. Sad
deanhills
Nice find andysart380. I was unaware of these changes. However, time will tell, there must be many people with vested business interests who must be fuming mad at these changes, i.e. astrology book publishers.

Must say it is an improvement. I've always been more of a Capricorn person instead of an Aquarian. My Birthday is 22 January so maybe this explains it. By the way, these are the new dates. Wonder whether the are the official new ones? Hope they are, as I would like the astrology guys who are making so much money out of innocent people to hit chaos for a change. If the new zodiac signs are true, then we much have been fed wrong information for a very long time. Twisted Evil
Quote:
Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16.
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11.
Pisces: March 11-April 18.
Aries: April 18-May 13.
Taurus: May 13-June 21.
Gemini: June 21-July 20.
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10.
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30.
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23.
Scorpio: Nov. 23-29.
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17. (Yep, this one is new read all about the Ophiuchus way of life here)
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20.

Source: Time News Feed
Bikerman
The Journal of Bosmology has a paper on Astrology in the post-relativistic age:
http://bosmology.org/journals/december-2010/76-ib-dec2010-paper-2.html
deanhills
Bikerman wrote:
The Journal of Bosmology has a paper on Astrology in the post-relativistic age:
http://bosmology.org/journals/december-2010/76-ib-dec2010-paper-2.html
What does it mean, as it has been written in heavy science language. Is it proof that astrology findings are rarely on the mark?

I do believe there are people who are true astrologers, but there are also bogus astrologers, who don't know much about how it works, and making money out of people. I'm not that knowledgeable either but am fascinated by how the planets, moon and sun seem to have an effect on all of us.
Bikerman
It suggests that, if you compensate for expansion by factoring out red-shift, and you compensate for gravitational time dilation, then astrology can make much more accurate statements. The author of the Paper is the most well-known bosmologist on the planet...
rjraaz
Bikerman wrote:
The author of the Paper

Can you provide the name Author or the source where we can get the paper.
Bikerman
It's on the Institute of Bosmology website (this houses the Journal of Bosmology where the paper was originally published).
http://bosmology.org
rjraaz
Bikerman wrote:
It's on the Institute of Bosmology website (this houses the Journal of Bosmology where the paper was originally published).
http://bosmology.org

Thanks to provide that link but i can not find any paper there regarding this topic can please tell me which month's journal it consist of.
Bikerman
December
standready
I don't really go for all that astrology or zodiac stuff. A person makes themselves how they want. I saw today on the morning network news shows about this "change". I am still a crab no matter what and I am not talking "sign".
deanhills
@Bikerman. What is Bosmology? What has it got to do with astrology? I've looked it up on the Internet and could not find links other than those surrounding the link you provided as well as your own Websites. The Website link you provided explains it as:
Quote:
Bosmology is the application of scientific principles to phenomena which are normally ignored by mainstream scientists.

Using revolutionary break-throughs in physics, psychology, phenomenology and biology, bosmology allows the scientist to explore such areas as paranormal and psychic phenomena, spirituality, alien/UFO visitations and the after-life. The Institute boasts amongst its membership some of the leading scientists of our time, and is home to the standard peer-reviewed journal for the field - The Journal of Bosmology - which can be read by members from this site, using the link on the left.

Why would someone like you, a pure scientist, pay attention to a Website like this? Particularly if there is a connection with Deepak Chopra (refer FAQs below)? Is this a test or something?
Quote:
Frustrated by the lack of progress being made by conventional medicine, Dr Roll decided to apply scientific principles to the problem in a wholy new way. He brought together his knowledge of physics with the emerging sciences of para-psychiatry and socio-psychology and , when he met Deepak Chopra in 2000 he saw that Chopra's work on quantum healing was the missing piece which brought the different disciplines together into one unified field of study. He named this new science Bosmology in 2001 and has since pioneered major breakthroughs, using this new and energetic science. The demand from colleagues for more information led to Dr Roll setting up the Institute of Bosmology in 2003 with the goal of acting as a centre for excellence in the rapidly developing world of bosmology.

Source: http://bikerman.name/index.php/faq?view=faq
Quote:
The Institute was set up in 2003 by world-renowned physicist Dr Terrence Roll with the specific goal of researching, teaching and publicising bosmology. Bosmology is the application of scientific principles to phenomena which are normally ignored by mainstream scientists.

I checked up on Dr. Roll, and could not find any links on the Web. So is this a bogus character, and the Journals that are quoted bogus Journals? As the topics of the articles, some of which are in the para medical field just cannot be up your street. Is this a Bikerman test? Confused Or are you having a total change of mind ...... naahhhh .... can't believe it. This has to be a test.

Clue No. 1: Bikerman very rarely gives short answers, and he very rarely gives just a link without a lengthy explanation.
Clue No. 2: There is a discrepancy in the dates the Institute started from the links I found in Google, is it 2001 or 2003?
Clue No. 3: Can't find this famous Dr. Terrence Roll anywhere, so how world-renowned is he really? This Bio of his in the Website has to be fictional:
Quote:
Dr Terrence Roll (Head of Institute)

Dr Roll is the founder and head of the Institute. He is a renowned physicist who worked on several NASA project - including the Challenger programme. Dr Roll became interested in paranormal and psychic phenomena after his wife died tragically in a baking accident. After the famous spiritualist Jonathan Edwards managed to contact his wife, in a private session, Dr Roll became convinced that scientists needed to look again at the issue of spirituality and psychic phenomena.

Clue No. 4: There is no Journal of Bosmology

OK, the more I get into it, this has to be a Bikerman test of how easy it is for people to believe lies?
LittleBlackKitten
Yes that is totally Anti-Chris.... (Not to be confused with Anti-Christ, though some days...Razz) What's going on, Chris?

Also, from what I have read, it only applies to those born AFTER 2009, not everyone on the planet.
Bikerman
If you check the staff you'll see that I am technical consultant for the site. I don't necessarily agree with all of the material on the site, of course.
Bosmology, as the site says, is a combination of physics, para-psychology & phenomenology, which is used to examine phenomena not normally subject to scientific analysis.
I have never met Dr Roll - I just do the techie stuff...
Bikerman
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
Also, from what I have read, it only applies to those born AFTER 2009, not everyone on the planet.
Ahh, so in 2009 there was suddenly a change in planetary alignments which meant that a new system was needed. Is that it?
chartcentral
With the new zodiac assignments according to the Minnesota Planetarium Society, I'm moved from Cancer to Gemini. And it's hard to accept, after all these years, I've been comfortable to be a Cancerian. Now, it's like being told "hey, those are not your real parents!" Smile

On another note, Scorpio becomes a rare specie as its date assignment is down to only 7 days! While Virgo gets a month and a half. Smile
driftingfe3s
andysart380 wrote:
has anybody else heard about this garbage. they want to change all the signs to different dates and fit a 13th sign in all because the earths new rotation and longer year and what not.. i say thats a bunch of bullshit.. opinions please?

I'd have to say astrology is bullshit either way.
deanhills
Bikerman wrote:
If you check the staff you'll see that I am technical consultant for the site. I don't necessarily agree with all of the material on the site, of course.
Bosmology, as the site says, is a combination of physics, para-psychology & phenomenology, which is used to examine phenomena not normally subject to scientific analysis.
I have never met Dr Roll - I just do the techie stuff...
I can't EVER imagine that Chris Snowdon would connect his name with a bogus Website just as a techie. Besides which, you're the Membership Secretary as well. Rolling Eyes

There are many other unanswered questions:
1. When I did a search on Bosmology in Google the original Website was connected with your name:
http://bikerman.name/. So it must have originated from you?
2. There is no Journal of Bosmology.
3. There is no world famous Dr. Roll.

Most of the content such as Dr. Roll's wife dying in a tragic baking accident sounds bogus. The December article on Astrology also sounds fat-fetched. Your explanation when I queried it also was too short for Bikerman. All of it tongue in cheek stuff.
Bikerman
I'm responsible for the site so naturally I built it on my own servers before uploading it to the IoB site - google probably had cached version.
There is indeed a Journal of Bosmology - it is now published solely on-line.
The article on Astrology seems fine to me. What part of it is far fetched?
deanhills
Bikerman wrote:
I'm responsible for the site so naturally I built it on my own servers before uploading it to the IoB site - google probably had cached version.
There is indeed a Journal of Bosmology - it is now published solely on-line.
The article on Astrology seems fine to me. What part of it is far fetched?
If Dr. Roll were world renowned, why can't I find any information on him on the Web? If he were world-renowned? As if he were he would have had a long string of credentials behind his name as well. Usually there is an Executive Message by the Head of the Institute so this should have been by Dr. Roll in his own language and specific style. Including his sad story and a nice photo of him. The story of his wife in a baking accident sounds equally bogus. I have great difficulty seeing him moving to "bosmology" from physics.

Bosmology does not exist. If it did, then Wikipedia would have covered it, or it would at least have featured somewhere on the Web in answers to the question "What is Bosmology" in Questions and Answers on the Web.

There were no members of the Institute until you got someone from Frihost to join up.

The articles in the Journal are bogus. I read one or two, and they were ridiculous in the extreme. Not the kind of articles you would find by someone who is supposed to be a world-renowned physicist.

"Honourary" is spellt wrong. The Honourary members listed are bogus. The credentials "BBo, MBo, PhD, JWRZ" don't exist. Chariot of the Gods and Bosmology connection is bogus. Etc. etc. ........ Deepak Chopra?????

If you want to continue this farce however Bikerman, that is up to you. I don't buy it at all.
Bikerman
I didn't 'get' anyone to join up.
If you don't thin PhD's exist then....wow....
BBo - Bachelor of Bosmology, MBo - Master of Bosmology - both offered at the institute.
Your faith in wiki is touching. Bosmology is new (in science terms) and hasn't yet attracted much notice outside the institute - the site has only recently gone up.
You still haven't said what is wrong with the astrology article.
truespeed
Dean look at the name. Dr T.Roll.
Bikerman
Smile I was wondering how long it would take.....
LittleBlackKitten
Got Lou roll on the brain, Chris? :p
ankitdatashn
What a new sunsign?, can take it anymore... there's already enough of superstitions why people want to add a new sunshine when everything is fine with current scenario!

Although the scientific details about earth sounds very interesting though Smile
toasterintheoven
that's terrible, 12's supposed to be a number that signifies the end of a cycle, look at your clock for crissakes are they going to change that too? also think about the hexagram, if they make this change, it's not going to make sense unless we start considering making other changes, all in all, I think there are "more" important things to do like... ending world hunger?
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
Dean look at the name. Dr T.Roll.
Thanks for pointing that out Truespeed. I of course followed the "scientific" evidence-based road. Step by step.

Not much challenge to it though. Bikerman introduced the Website to another Forum too.
watersoul
Lol, this has got to be the funniest topic I've read in nearly 5 years at Frihost! Brilliant! Laughing
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
Lol, this has got to be the funniest topic I've read in nearly 5 years at Frihost! Brilliant! Laughing
What is funny about it? The Website wasn't even a good phony Website. It was blatantly obvious it was a dud Website. And when I pointed it out the first time round, which was almost four postings ago, Bikerman kept denying it. Who was he trying to catch out? And why?
Bikerman
I think the quality of bosmological research on the site is pretty good.
The paper on Quantum Spirit is a lovely piece of work, as is the paper on Computational Faith Healing.
Top notch bosmology.
andysart380
apparently this is only applied to birthdates after 2009... i wouldnt care anyways im not considering myself anything but a libra
deanhills
Bikerman wrote:
I think the quality of bosmological research on the site is pretty good.
The paper on Quantum Spirit is a lovely piece of work, as is the paper on Computational Faith Healing.
Top notch bosmology.
I guess you are hinting in the direction of what bosmology actually is?

Apparently BO refers to body odour and SMO to cigarette smoke.

Bosmology does not exist anywhere, but the meaning of "bosmo" apparently is:
Quote:
Term used in reference to note the stench coming from the subject's anatomy, garments and the air surrounding the subject. The stench culminates of body odour(BO) and the passive smoke from the subjects cigarette(SMO).
"Bosmo is bad today"
"Bosmo is comming Quick let's leave..."

Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bosmo

With regard to the papers, they are too bogus to comment on. And since the Journal of Bosmology does not exist except in the Bosmology Website, and it is not a peer-reviewed Journal even in anyone's wildest imagination, perhaps you can find some associates of Dr. T.ROLL to do the peer reviews?
Navigator
andysart380 wrote:
apparently this is only applied to birthdates after 2009... i wouldnt care anyways im not considering myself anything but a libra

Of course because Ophiuchus just appeared in 2009, before that it was away with god in the constellation heaven. Very Happy
ProfessorY91
driftingfe3s wrote:
I'd have to say astrology is bullshit either way.

I came here to say that myself. A toast to you, sir. Astronomy, however, is fun. Studying relativity, and quantum physics? Even more fun. Rather than trying to predict your future, start trying to build a spaceship that travels at 1/4 times the speed of light Very Happy
Bikerman
deanhills wrote:
With regard to the papers, they are too bogus to comment on. And since the Journal of Bosmology does not exist except in the Bosmology Website, and it is not a peer-reviewed Journal even in anyone's wildest imagination, perhaps you can find some associates of Dr. T.ROLL to do the peer reviews?

Garvan Ellison, Avery James Allen* and Richard Townsend are all reviewers, as well as leading bosmologists.

Avery James Allen has a patent for superluminary spcecraft design
deanhills
Bikerman wrote:
Garvan Ellison, Avery James Allen* and Richard Townsend are all reviewers, as well as leading bosmologists.

Avery James Allen has a patent for superluminary spcecraft design
Maybe you should post a presentation about Bosmology in YouTube, Twitter and Facebook? Before you know it, you are going to have a thriving oreganization. You'd probably have to get a face for T.Troll, maybe get one of your friends to impersonate him. You need to do something with the Journal, it has to have a special cover of sorts. Etc. Twisted Evil
Bikerman
Ahh...the site needs to be built up a little more yet. I have some more work to do, and time is limited at the moment since I'm just starting a new job. The Institute will be launched in style when all is ready Smile