FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

RSS - is that possible

sonam
I am near to finish my new site (with same name like here on frihost Wink ) on paid hosting but I would like to have one copy of same site here on frihost. Could I create RSS to display all contents of my paid site here on frihost or I need to find some other way. By the way how is working RSS (please simplest way for creating and including). Thanks....

Sonam
Peterssidan
Can't you just link to an rss file on the paid server? Generating the rss file is probably easier if you are on the same server as the content. I don't know about tools but you can look at the rss specification and make a php script to generate the rss.
sonam
Peterssidan wrote:
Can't you just link to an rss file on the paid server? Generating the rss file is probably easier if you are on the same server as the content. I don't know about tools but you can look at the rss specification and make a php script to generate the rss.

Thanks for answer and good link. What I don't understand, can I full page (for example my home page) put in RSS and display with rider on some other hosting without image files, php files, etc. on this second host? I have image how this is work but I cannot find simple working example.

Sonam
saberlivre
You can generate the RSS in your server1 and download it in server2 using javascript with the google feeds api.
sonam
saberlivre wrote:
You can generate the RSS in your server1 and download it in server2 using javascript with the google feeds api.

Thanks. Can you provide me link with some tools for creating RSS and some javascript or reader for this RSS.

Edit:
It is looking I din't understand good your post. I am search google and find where I can get api key and find out some javascript. I will try this when I come back home (maybe after ten days).

Sonam