FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Custom tags for posts.

rjraaz
i think there should be integration of custom tag option for forum posts.

to increase traffic of own posts.
catscratches
[And I completely misunderstood. Swoosh over my head.]
deanhills
It would be great if I could tag my posts, given that there are so many of them .... Smile BUT, it is not really a biggie. If we do have a choice, I'd rather that the energy be invested in upgrading the Search Feature. I use the search feature quite often and don't seem to always get the results I am looking for.
Bondings
deanhills wrote:
It would be great if I could tag my posts, given that there are so many of them .... Smile BUT, it is not really a biggie. If we do have a choice, I'd rather that the energy be invested in upgrading the Search Feature. I use the search feature quite often and don't seem to always get the results I am looking for.

Would sorting by forums help?

By the way, if you don't care about the date, try to use the "Relevance" sort type.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Would sorting by forums help?
Definitely, is there an easy way to do it as I know you have lots of things on the go. If it is easy however, that would be a great help.

Bondings wrote:
By the way, if you don't care about the date, try to use the "Relevance" sort type.
I tried that thanks, and it did come up with more relevant threads, but on topics that had so many threads in them, that looking for them would have taken ages. Would have been great if I had got that far, to have been able to filter the by relevance search results by date afterwards.

Again, no biggie. Only if a solution should come spontaneously across your path. There is always a million ways of finding something and I am grateful for the search function that we do have.
Bondings
I added the forums sorting.

After you search, you get presented with the 15 forums that are most interesting to your query to narrow down the results to that forum.
Ghost Rider103
I just used the search before I read this and noticed it.

I thought it only came up when you search for words that only appear on a lot of pages. Guess not!

But this is great, much more useful.

Good work.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
I added the forums sorting.

After you search, you get presented with the 15 forums that are most interesting to your query to narrow down the results to that forum.
Absolutely fantastic, thanks Bondings. I checked it for Pentangeli (typed the name into the search box) and it's perfect. Pretty amazing and so useful! It's going to cut my search time probably by two thirds if not more. Very Happy