FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which Statistics Software should I use?

Which statistic software should I use?
Analog
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Awstats
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Webalizer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Dark_Jedi06
Which of the three statistical softwares provided by cPanel should I use? Anyone else use them and know which is the best?

Tracking my hits and what-not through another site is very limiting considering you can only view like the last 100 visitors. >_>

Anyone?
Indyan
Awstats is nice and detailed.
I also like http://www.statcounter.com/
krazeek
I use awstats for all my websites that i use because it is very accurate and easy to read. Most hosting plans come with it already installed to your server. It is very very nice. Analog can sometimes be confusing etc.

Awstats 100%
gh0stface
Is there away so that you can make awstats ignore your own IP address? I'm looking around and I'm not finding the solution.
Dark_Jedi06
gh0stface wrote:
Is there away so that you can make awstats ignore your own IP address? I'm looking around and I'm not finding the solution.
Yeah, that's another problem I'm having. I need one that makes sure my visits aren't included.
littlegiant
gh0stface wrote:

1) You'll have to locate your awstats.conf file on your server. (This should be somewhere in the 'awstats' directory. I forget exactly where as it's been a long time since I ran AwStats online. I have it installed offline on my home development server.)

2) Open the awstats.conf file in any good text editor (Windows XP version of Notepad will do fine although not the best)

3) Do a search for SkipHosts=""

4) Enter your IP address between the double quotation marks (e.g., SkipHosts="IP address goes here")

5) Save the file.

The next time you run Awstats, your IP address should be excluded from the results (however all previous accesses by your IP will still remain in the reports.)
gh0stface
littlegiant wrote:
gh0stface wrote:

1) You'll have to locate your awstats.conf file on your server. (This should be somewhere in the 'awstats' directory. I forget exactly where as it's been a long time since I ran AwStats online. I have it installed offline on my home development server.)

2) Open the awstats.conf file in any good text editor (Windows XP version of Notepad will do fine although not the best)

3) Do a search for SkipHosts=""

4) Enter your IP address between the double quotation marks (e.g., SkipHosts="IP address goes here")

5) Save the file.

The next time you run Awstats, your IP address should be excluded from the results (however all previous accesses by your IP will still remain in the reports.)

Ah, thanks a lot for the information.

I found the exact pathfile for the .conf through my FTP by going through TMP -> awstats -> awstats.subdomain.frihost.net.conf
Dark_Jedi06
Nevermind...>_>
Indyan
what if I have a dynamic ip address?
littlegiant
Dark_Jedi06, You should just use your FTP client to get into your webspace directly and then use the path that gh0stface posted to find your configuration file. Then just open it and edit it directly. (You'll need an FTP client that will allow you to edit files online.)

Quote:
what if I have a dynamic ip address?

Then you're probably out of luck on this one. Although there is a workaround if you just want to periodically hit your site to check its uptime without affecting your stats. Create a test page and call it, say, 'testpage.htm' and then upload it to the root directory of your site. Then, open your awstats.conf file in a text editor (as per above), do a search for SkipFiles= and then add testpage.htm to the list of files between the double quotation marks. Hence,

SkipFiles="robots.txt$ favicon.ico$"

should be changed to:

SkipFiles="robots.txt$ favicon.ico$ testpage.htm"