FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Online test

anjana
I am supposed to design a online testin website.. I am gettin confused whether java will be suitable or php??? Question Confused
Bondings
anjana wrote:
I am supposed to design a online testin website.. I am gettin confused whether java will be suitable or php??? Question Confused

If you want to host it here, you'll need to do it in php, considering we don't support java. Of course a java applet (which is executed on the browser) is ok.
zimkarlza
@owner-even i'm in the team:) i agree with you that php is supported more widely than java, but the question is, since its our final year project, in future,will it count if v say v did our project in java or php? Considering java is a holistic language which can do anything:)
Also,considering that php was specially meant for websites n java isn't, will it take longer time to code n debug in java?
Thanks for your help:) Question
Bondings
Php was made for simple html websites which need some dynamic content and/or database usage. Hence for most types of websites it will be a lot better suited than Java and take a lot less time.

On the other hand, if you only know Java syntax or if the system might become quite complex or needs to do non-server stuff then I guess Java should be better for the job.