FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DNS Records

polly-gone
So I have a bit of an issue...

It appears that DirectAdmin is in control of my DNS Settings on my Frihost hosting, and there doesn't seem to be any way for me to change them.

I want to keep my hosting at Frihost, but I want to get my email from Google Apps, via MX record. Now, I know GoDaddy has a lot of CNAME records set up by default, but when I go to do a search for CNAME records at my domain it says that the nameservers at ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net have never even heard of them!

Does this mean that if I want to set up hosted email through a third-party service, I'm going to have to point my A records to the Frihost IP address and have my MX records point to the third-party?

If so, what is the IP address I should use. I think I'm on Server 3. I'm not 100% sure though, as I lost track in the server shuffle awhile back.

Thanks,

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
Bondings
It's pretty much exactly as you mentioned. The best way would be to point the A record to us and the MX record to Google. I suppose you will need to use GoDaddy's nameservers in order to do this.

For the server ip address and other information about your account, check out your Account page.
polly-gone
And I'll want to point the FTP CNAME and all that to our IP also, correct?
Bondings
polly-gone wrote:
And I'll want to point the FTP CNAME and all that to our IP also, correct?

No for ftp that's not needed actually. You can use anything that points to our ip (including the ip address) to use ftp. Something like <username>@<IP> or <username>@frih.net should work.