FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pelosi "No Regrets"

jwellsy
Pelosi claims that "pay as you go" not adding to the debt has always been the mantra during her reign.

deanhills
jwellsy wrote:
Pelosi claims that "pay as you go" not adding to the debt has always been the mantra during her reign
Now isn't that a lie! Including that the Party's focus has been to decrease the deficit. If the Dems were that sincere to create jobs, as Pelosi claims, as well as get the debt down, why did they spend so much of the Government's energy on getting the Health Reform Bill passed at such an enormous expense to the American people, while those who don't have jobs will certainly not be able to afford the insurance. Wouldn't it have been much better to focus all of the available energy in getting the economy right first?

Also, do you hear her blaming the Republicans again? First she starts off with "looking forward" to working with them, then there are the underhanded insults. The Dems inherited a terrible economy (from whom?) and why do the Republicans want to obstruct that which has already been negotiated with them? She is not going to get far with that kind of double speak. Twisted Evil
jwellsy
It's been a pretty transparent bunch to everyone but their cool-aid slurpers.
deanhills
Wow, what a good presentation by Paul Ryan Jwellsy. And well said. I liked his references to the double counting as well as hiding costs. But I particularly liked the portion where he says that the Government should not be the one taking over the health care, but that the power should be invested in the people, probably through the private sector?

Basically the message to the Dems is that everyone wants a change in the health care industry, but they just don't want the one that has been legislated by the Dems as it does not really reduce costs and there is too much Government in it.
jwellsy
It's still all Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault that the debt has increased $5 Trillion since 2006 when the dems took full control of the house and senate and drove unemployment up. How do these morons even pass a drivers license test?

deanhills
jwellsy wrote:
It's still all Bush's fault. It's Bush's fault that the debt has increased $5 Trillion since 2006 when the dems took full control of the house and senate and drove unemployment up. How do these morons even pass a drivers license test?
I wonder whether they realize how harmful this is to them. It would impress much more if they were to take responsibility for the problems of the present and put forward a plan of how to deal with those problems in the present and the future. Everything seems to be the Republicans' fault. In the end the Dems get defined by the Republicans' alleged mistakes, rather than setting their own path independent of the Republicans.
gandalfthegrey
Pelosi has always been a highly partisan politician. I am glad she is finally gone as speaker of the house. I hope we don't hear much about her anymore in the media.
deanhills
By the way, who is that lovely lady with the green suit on that stands behind Pelosi in the YouTube link in the OP? Is that Bill Clinton's daughter, Chelsea, or is that just my imagination?
jwellsy
Lovely? Only slightly on the outside. Debbie Wasserman-Shultz D-Florida

deanhills
Thanks for the shows. You're right. The moment she opens her mouth, almost literally, her whole appearance changes. Do those guys always have those props with them? Smile