FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's your catchphrase?

Nameless
Take the last seven days or so. What odd phrasing or uncommon turn of speech have you been abusing the most?

Mine right now is "Not a just a regular X.", used as a cheerily sarcastic retort whenever a family member uses unnecessary adjectives, particularly swears. A typical exchange (censored) might be:

Brother: "... can't believe she put me on the bleeping late shift without consulting me!"
Me: "Not just the regular late shift, then. The bleeping one. Kinky."
Brother: *flat look*
deanhills
Mine changes all the time, but this one features quite often:

He who hesitates is lost

I especially use it when I am out driving. But also at work.
menino
When I was in tech support a long time ago, the users used to bug me with questions of what was the problem... after a while, I used to go "Oh, I figured out the problem.", and they go "what?" and I go without missing a beat - "Its you!"

Nowadays, instead of swearing using obscene words, I susbstitute them with "Oh krud!", or "oh fudge"

I dont know if thats cool or not, but at least the people around me think so.
Nameless
deanhills wrote:
He who hesitates is lost

That's a nice motto, but do you really say it aloud to your neighbours that often? And do they give you a tired-yet-amused sigh in response to your wackiness?

menino wrote:
When I was in tech support a long time ago, the users used to bug me with questions of what was the problem... after a while, I used to go "Oh, I figured out the problem.", and they go "what?" and I go without missing a beat - "Its you!"

inb4 have you tried turning it off and on again?
deanhills
Nameless wrote:
deanhills wrote:
He who hesitates is lost

That's a nice motto, but do you really say it aloud to your neighbours that often? And do they give you a tired-yet-amused sigh in response to your wackiness?
I talk mostly to myself and people I know well (I don't know my neighbours beyond friendly greetings and talking about the weather). And yes, I do that loudly, but usually with a healthy dose of sense of humour. Smile
standready
"That's just crap-tacular!" comes to mind. My response to the "bull" people try to feed me.
ProfessorY91
Non gratum anus rodentum.

A phrase that I mutter under my breath when something or someone particularly annoys me, is redundant enough to irritate me, shouldn't have been done, a mistake, etc. Like writing that grammatically botched sentence right there.
ocalhoun
Well a few moths ago, I had a spell where I couldn't stop thinking "That's asinine" about everything.
I never actually said it... But it annoyed me to no end that it was the first thought I would think about nearly everything, accurate or not.
I still have no idea how that phrase got stuck in my head.
wellerchap
Words that I use a lot are a couple that I slip in instead of bad swear words......"blummin" this or "blummin" that.......and "blimey!" as an exclamation.

Yes, I'm hardcore, I know Crying or Very sad