FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question about python

JoeDRL
Is there a way I can install python modules that I need on your hosting solution?
In this case I would need to install pymongo.

Thank you.
Bondings
I don't think it is possible that you install modules, but if it is important to you (and I have time), I can try to install it myself.

On the other hand, we don't support MongoDB (only MySQL), and I won't install MongoDB on the server. Of course if you want to access an off-server MongoDB database, that's fine for me.
kifah
Hello,

now am repeating the same question after 4 years..
did you already installed pymongo module for python? if yes, which version?

thanks very much for the services...
kifah
amagard
Looks like pymongo is not installed.
SonLight
@amagard, I'm interested in how that works. I noticed anyone can display history, and thought it might leak something important. I know there are a lot of really sophisticated language environments on the web now, but this looks like a simple tool for debugging and stuff.

Did you write py_eval yourself, or is it a standard module? I noticed it wouldn't do arbitrary python statements. Then I woke up and realized it is an expression evaluator, not a statement evaluator. It evaluated the locals() function just fine, for example. I suppose __import__() is the function used internally by the import statement, which would not work directly.
amagard
SonLight,
yes, I wrote py_eval.py myself and you are right: it evaluates expressions.
You can read more about that development work in my blog under category 'python', look for postings with 'Python Expression Evaluator" in the title.