FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gary Moore

deanhills
One of the greatest rock guitarists ever. Thought this Video of Loner was a particularly good one with Gary Moore in excellent form.
menino
I used to love Gary Moore, when I was into blues at the time.
I still like blues and Gary Moore, but not as much as I used to.

The name brings back memories of my dorm days.
deanhills
I find that too, but I also find that if I have not listened to any of his songs, like Parisienne Walkways for a long while, and for some or other reason it comes across my path, that it still does something for me. One thing though, this guy is awesome with that guitar of his. He is a fantastic musician.
deanhills
Just heard recently this guy had passed on, and I had not even been aware of it. It happened when he was on holiday with his girlfriend. And in his sleep. Apparently he had choked on something. Guess his death had been as unassuming as he had been during most of his life.

Source: BBC News
standready
Yes, Gary Moore passed away back in February. I remember see him with Thin Lizzy back in the early 80's.
iiinvest
I agree, Gary one of those guitarists that could make the guitar sing. I've been playing guitar for years and can play any of his songs but to make the guitar sing like he does is extremely difficult. He was a great example of a blues guitarist but too bad he wasn't as well respected ,however, ask any guitarist worth his beans and they will know who Gary Moore is.

Deanhills, when I hear Parieienne Walkways I too feel it hits some note with me. Usually a blues player will sing the blues as well as play the guitar, but Gary didn't need to sing, you could instantly hear it in his guitar. Guitarists can tell what kind of person they are by how they bend a note Laughing