FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Need a Turkish Moderator





darkeagle
I think we need a new active Turkish moderator, because there is a lots of members that post meanless posts for only earning points. It makes quality of Turkish forums lower.
deanhills
If you say meaningless, what does meaningless mean? As of course not all people are good at posting, so as long as what they say makes sense, stays within the rules, and is written in Turkish, it should not be a big problem? Again, of course, would be great to know what meaningless means. Why not start this thread in the Turkish Forum as well?

I know there are Frihosters on the rest of the Board who feel there are a lot of meaningless posts everywhere, but given the nature of the posting, i.e. being to qualify for a free Website and people not really knowing what to post, or maybe not even wanting to post, it is probably understandable.

I get the feeling with your reference to "inactive" that maybe the Turkish Forum needs a revival? Why not get some new members to join? Perhaps an incentive could be a competition of sorts? Or asking them for ideas of a competition? Possibly you don't need to be a Moderator to do this?
Ankhanu
deanhills wrote:
I get the feeling with your reference to "inactive" that maybe the Turkish Forum needs a revival? Why not get some new members to join? Perhaps an incentive could be a competition of sorts? Or asking them for ideas of a competition? Possibly you don't need to be a Moderator to do this?


I could be wrong, but it really looks like he means that the moderator of the forum is inactive, not that he's commenting on the forum activity. He's looking for active moderation to clean up the forum.
darkeagle
Ankhanu wrote:
deanhills wrote:
I get the feeling with your reference to "inactive" that maybe the Turkish Forum needs a revival? Why not get some new members to join? Perhaps an incentive could be a competition of sorts? Or asking them for ideas of a competition? Possibly you don't need to be a Moderator to do this?


I could be wrong, but it really looks like he means that the moderator of the forum is inactive, not that he's commenting on the forum activity. He's looking for active moderation to clean up the forum.


Yes, you are right. All of Turkish moderators are inactive and there no one to edit topics, messages or members. There is too much knowless members about rules or members are feeling free to attack or to use bad words to each others. There is no one to inform or warn members. So Turkish forum are going to be like trash.

Most of members in Turkish forums think I am moderator, but I am not. Because I am here every day, following all new messages, helping new members, warning bad users as I can. But I don't have any authorization to moderate this forum. So I referenced as moderator many times by other members or our old moderators. But there is no answers back.
deanhills
Ankhanu wrote:
I could be wrong, but it really looks like he means that the moderator of the forum is inactive, not that he's commenting on the forum activity. He's looking for active moderation to clean up the forum.
I understood that as this is not the first time that this was discussed either. The discussion was much more specific in the previous thread about the need for a new Moderator. I couldn't remember when it was, but have just done a search and it was in October 2009:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-111028.html#923939
darkeagle
Yes, it was discussed. Also asked for a new moderator much time than one too but there was no solution since October 2009.
ocalhoun
Sounds like a pretty serious problem.
Unless darkeagle is making all of this up (I don't think so), it sounds like a new language moderator is needed pretty desperately.
Ghost Rider103
It's quite obvious we need more language moderators, I can tell by the reports that come in from the report system.

It's difficult to find a language moderator, because they must also speak English and earn Bondings trust.

If any of the other members in the Turkish forum also speak English, perhaps you could tell them to tell the staff that you are a trusted member in the Turkish forums?

We don't really have any way of knowing if what you are saying is true. I'm not saying you are lying, but I'm just pointing out the reasons as to why there isn't more language moderators. So if more Turkish members recommended users to the staff, the better chance a member will be given moderator powers.
darkeagle
I wonder old moderators how to get Bondings trust because there is too much moderators in Turkish forum and they were always useless.

If you decided moderator needed, and you don't know to choose who, just poll it in Turkish forum.
ocalhoun
darkeagle wrote:

If you decided moderator needed, and you don't know to choose who, just poll it in Turkish forum.


That may be the best choice... It would be better to have dubious moderators than none at all.
If they turn out to not be trustworthy, they can be quickly demoted and new ones chosen... but if they are trustworthy, it will solve the problem.
Bikerman
Hmmm....I don't like that idea.
a) It sets a precedent which I am not in favour of. The idea of elected moderators is problematic, for reasons I've explained elsewhere.
b) The current system for choosing moderators is aimed at avoiding unsuitable choices. I think it would be better to have no moderator than an unsuitable one, when one weighs up the pros and cons.
adri
Bikerman wrote:

b) ... I think it would be better to have no moderator than an unsuitable one, when one weighs up the pros and cons.


Indeed, electing a moderator could end up in messing the whole board up, as a moderator can close, delete, move, change etc. topics. Choosing a moderator yourself (=staff) is a much better plan.

I sometimes translate (Google Translate Very Happy ) the Turkish forum because it's so active there and I always wonder what they are saying. Razz


adri
darkeagle
adri wrote:
I sometimes translate (Google Translate Very Happy ) the Turkish forum because it's so active there and I always wonder what they are saying. Razz


Google Translate can't translate Turkish. (translates but it's too funny). Never gives same meaning.
Ghost Rider103
Yes, it would be dangerous to just promote a Turkish member that none of the staff knows.

Translating the posts isn't a bad idea, but it isn't always very accurate so it's hard to do that way as well.

The best way is to just have a member that is both English and Turkish. But it's all up to Bondings on who gets promoted for the position.
darkeagle
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
The best way is to just have a member that is both English and Turkish. But it's all up to Bondings on who gets promoted for the position.


Is Bondings have a time for this?
Bikerman
The normal procedure is that the staff discuss it amongst themselves in the staff forum. I'll raise it in that forum and ask for comments from staff.
darkeagle
And now, members in Turkish Forums are going crazy. Language moderator is completely needed and some members must be banned!

If moderator can not be chosen, someone of other moderators must fix the Turkish Forum.
manyakbey
Yeah, you really have to go through a Turks moderator per job or the end of this section Turkhis feels good.

I think that the Turks make the best managers darkeagle.
Because an experienced member. Experience close to 1500 because it is a message written in the best way, but all of them written in full.
That is not too windy, unlike many comments talking speaking member of the full. one is

It would be nice to talk to bringing Bongins language.

I told him I would ask you where are you?
kemal44
I think it darkeagle


is a very good moderator
ocalhoun
Any recommendations about who the new moderator(s) should be?
darkeagle
ocalhoun wrote:
Any recommendations about who the new moderator(s) should be?


There is a poll that started about who will be best moderator.
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-122293.html
Bikerman
Ahh, so we have two suggestions from the forum itself. OK...only one was voted for, by 6 posters? How many regular posters does the forum have?
darkeagle
Bikerman wrote:
Ahh, so we have two suggestions from the forum itself. OK...only one was voted for, by 6 posters? How many regular posters does the forum have?


I don't know but all of posters not voted because they are not active in these days or this poll seems not official.

Big reason of not to vote: the member ,who started this poll, is unliked person in Turkish forum.
darkeagle
There is another poll:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-122360.html

You see they are feeling free to start a new poll as they want. I think it's time to choose new moderator or start official poll to stop meaningless polls and decide to new moderator.
Bikerman
It is under discussion in the staff forum. Moderators are not chosen lightly so you will have to bear with us whilst we consider the issue with due diligence.
darkeagle
I'm just impatient and curious Smile
darkeagle
I wonder how hard is choosing new moderator?

There is no solution and Turkish forum is getting worse.

There is duplicate membership with Turkish members too...
Helios
Oh, it is extremely difficult...
As Bikerman said, it is under discussion in the staff forum.
Why the double post? "Curiosity killed the cat", you know... Razz
darkeagle
Helios wrote:
Oh, it is extremely difficult...
As Bikerman said, it is under discussion in the staff forum.
Why the double post? "Curiosity killed the cat", you know... Razz


I know, it will be difficult, but trying to post at Turkish forum must be more difficult.
There some members for just earning points without any sense and this makes other members to not want to post. So old members left this forum, and they are just unwanted messages. Just like a trash. This is not like old times.

And in me, it's not just curiosity, it's wanting, wanting to better Turkish forum, just like old days, tidier, happier, with rules, and more active. Wanting to just feeling happy when I look this forum.

I hope, all of you can understand me why I am posting with impatience...
deanhills
@Helios. Considering that darkeagle brought this matter up on 17 October 2009 for the first time, I'd imagine he should be getting an award for his patience.
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-111028.html#923939
Ghost Rider103
What kind of reward?

Bondings has the final word on who becomes apart of the staff and who doesn't. Bondings needs to be able to have trust in a member before recruiting them into the staff. Which is quite difficult to do with someone who isn't around the English part of the forums much.
darkeagle
Trust is not solution to choose best moderator.

Where is the trusted moderators?
Or why Turkish forum is like a trash, if moderators trusted?

Every moderators of Turkish forum just earned Bondings' trust for host without point...
Helios
Anyway, do not worry and hold your pants on. Smile
A moderator will be chosen.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
What kind of reward?
Who said anything about a reward? I said award. As far as I know there is a big difference between an award and a reward and I most certainly did not mean it in a literal sense. I was trying to remind Helios that this matter was thoroughly discussed as far back as October 2009. If you check the discussion yourself you will note that specific undertakings had been made during that discussion, which naturally must have created expectations. In view of that darkeagle's impatience is not really that unjustifiable.
Bikerman
Err... specific undertakings were made and carried out exactly as per promise. There was no timescale specified and no specific feedback or outcomes specified. I raised the matter, as I said I would, in the staff forum. That was about 3 weeks ago and there has since been a discussion. When a decision is made then we'll let people know.
Ghost Rider103
deanhills wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
What kind of reward?
Who said anything about a reward? I said award. As far as I know there is a big difference between an award and a reward and I most certainly did not mean it in a literal sense. I was trying to remind Helios that this matter was thoroughly discussed as far back as October 2009. If you check the discussion yourself you will note that specific undertakings had been made during that discussion, which naturally must have created expectations. In view of that darkeagle's impatience is not really that unjustifiable.


Oh excuse me, "award." Sorry, my mistake.

As said before, we're all aware of the situation, and it is in fact being discussed amongst the staff.

Quote:
Where is the trusted moderators?
Or why Turkish forum is like a trash, if moderators trusted?


It is not the Turkish Moderators fault that the Turkish forums are trash. Some moderators simply move on and do not have time to return to Frihost.

Being "trusted'' does not mean that we have faith they will stick around forever, it's expected that some members of the staff will one day no longer be here. There are also staff members (for English forums) that are no longer active. This is why new moderators are chosen.

Just bare with us, and hopefully a new Turkish mod will be chosen.
truespeed
Ghost Rider103 wrote:


Being "trusted'' does not mean that we have faith they will stick around forever, it's expected that some members of the staff will one day no longer be here. There are also staff members (for English forums) that are no longer active. This is why new moderators are chosen.

Just bare with us, and hopefully a new Turkish mod will be chosen.


Maybe when you have language forums mods,while they are active,you could ask them to nominate someone to replace them should they ever leave or become inactive for a long period.
Ghost Rider103
That is a good idea, and has actually been brought up before. Not sure if it was for the Turkish forums are not.

I don't even know who the Turkish moderator is, however I'll look and see if maybe we could get into contact with him.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
Maybe when you have language forums mods,while they are active,you could ask them to nominate someone to replace them should they ever leave or become inactive for a long period.
That is an excellent idea Truespeed.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
truespeed wrote:
Maybe when you have language forums mods,while they are active,you could ask them to nominate someone to replace them should they ever leave or become inactive for a long period.
That is an excellent idea Truespeed.

Especially if there are only one or two (active) mods for that language section.
darkeagle
When will be new moderator choosen?
Helios
First we'll try to contact the old moderators for help.
In any case the decision falls on Bondings' shoulders, and last time I heard from him he was sick, so that may explain the lack of input from his side...
deanhills
Helios wrote:
First we'll try to contact the old moderators for help.
In any case the decision falls on Bondings' shoulders, and last time I heard from him he was sick, so that may explain the lack of input from his side...
If anyone has any means of contacting Bondings, please let him know that we sincerely hope he gets better soon. Frihost is not the same with him not around. I hope it is not too serious ..... Sad
darkeagle
I wish, Bondings get well in a short time
darkeagle
Is there any news about new moderator?
BURAK_X
firstly, Examine the following topics, then decide.
yes, need a Turkish moderator!
(sorry for bad english)
Quote:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-122247.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-122246.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-122245.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-123022.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-123020.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-123021.html
darkeagle
This problem never solved for 4 months and much more...
Related topics
FriSearch, FriSites, Fri...
Kurtlar Vadisi (turkish tv series)
Online Turkish Radio Stations
Warn Moderator
New Moderator name
We Need Turkish Language ----> Cpanel
About Turkish Teams
dear moderator and owner about language / bahasa
it's my cartoon site (only turkish)
A New Mod To Turkish Forum
A new moderator is necessary for Turkish Language
A new moderator to Turkish forums
Turkish Moderator
15,000 posts
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.