FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


istanbul





animasyonokulu
hi guys
i work in istanbul butiq hotel

www.hotelsultania.com facebook.com/hotelsultania

check it internet iff you thing to come istanbul, best hotel for you.
jwellsy
Turkey can be a very dangerous place for a non-Muslim to visit.
http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/europe/turkey
Abhishukla
Istanbul is a great place to visit!
I am surely going to visit this place!
deanhills
jwellsy wrote:
Turkey can be a very dangerous place for a non-Muslim to visit.
http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/europe/turkey
Sounds pretty lethal to me. Enough to discourage me from hiking around in areas that are off the beaten path. Probably better to stick with the tourist areas but then of course that would spoil all of the fun.
jwellsy
In 2007 three missionaries were brutally murdered in Istanbul.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,478955-3,00.html

In 2009 a friend of mine went on a week long missionary trip to Istanbul. She said it was a real test of her faith. They had to stay in pairs at all times. The people she met had extreme reactions to them. Some people were extremely negative toward them and others were extremely positive. She said many people were eager to learn all they could about Christianity. They have very limited resources for religious diversity.

She is able to move about the city better than most of the missionaries because she is Chinese and doesn't fit the missionary profile.

She went back for another week this past summer in 2010. I think she enjoys the danger and intrigue.

I'd rather visit the UAE, possibly Dubai and ski the indoor ski slope.
deanhills
jwellsy wrote:
I'd rather visit the UAE, possibly Dubai and ski the indoor ski slope.
Excellent idea! The ski slope is in the Mall of the Emirates. One still has to watch one's belongings in Dubai, but in overall it is a very safe place to move around in. There are some great Hotels in the city Ibis is always good value (no fancy frills) as it is cheap and always includes Airport Transfers as well as shuttle services to important places of interest. There are some nice apartment hotels as well.
standready
I think I will stay away from the country of Turkey and surrounding countries. Had my fill in Iraq on a 6 month contract in 2002.
handfleisch
jwellsy wrote:
In 2007 three missionaries were brutally murdered in Istanbul.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,478955-3,00.html

In 2009 a friend of mine went on a week long missionary trip to Istanbul. She said it was a real test of her faith. They had to stay in pairs at all times. The people she met had extreme reactions to them. Some people were extremely negative toward them and others were extremely positive. She said many people were eager to learn all they could about Christianity. They have very limited resources for religious diversity.

She is able to move about the city better than most of the missionaries because she is Chinese and doesn't fit the missionary profile.

She went back for another week this past summer in 2010. I think she enjoys the danger and intrigue.

I'd rather visit the UAE, possibly Dubai and ski the indoor ski slope.


Your friends were Christian missionaries, what did they expect? What kind of reaction would Muslims get in the US if they came here from the Middle East trying to convert Christians in Texas? I think we could say "some people" would be "extremely negative" also.

About the "dangers", here is another opinion:

Quote:
After several weeks of traveling around Western Turkey, I discovered that the biggest danger for the Western tourist visiting Turkey was falling in love with a country in which the friendliness and hospitality of the people is like none other. People were polite, helpful, and quite genuinely wanted to make me feel at home. Any time I had a question about bus schedules, or where to stay, or where or what to eat, there were people around to assist in my every need. The time that I made the mistake of getting on the wrong train - well after midnight, jetlagged into exhaustion - everyone on the car made it their personal responsibility to see that I was put on the correct train at the next station. Try getting THAT reception in any large American city at 1 AM!
http://www.mytravelguide.com/guides-and-advice/showthread.php?threadid=4876
bajuanda
i want go to there someday
debjitbiswas
Is Istanbul is a safe for tourist?
lots of news against it.
rouqe
debjitbiswas wrote:
Is Istanbul is a safe for tourist?
lots of news against it.


so it depends about which places u wanna go in istanbul.. and its not about that u are turist or somebody from istanbul.. if you will go with some agencies there wll be guides with you during the city tour.. theres no problem about anythng when u have guides with u but if you wanna go byyourself first u need to know where u you wll go and with what u will go there..

if you wanna go to istanbul one day let me know and i got friends from there and they can help u about anything in istanbul.. but best way go with agencies and take a tour with guides..


if you wanna see sea, beach and nice clubs in summer time Antalya you have to try Smile you are going to stay in Hotel and theres no probLem about security inside of hotel ..
portoskt
yeah, i just saw istanbul in some tv show, that place i have to visit soon... look so great
br0909
indeed
emanuel2
istanbul is quite western, so I don't think it's in any way dangerous...if you behave normally as in any other bigger city. I went to Turkey once, and I made only good experience. In our country we have also a lot of Turkish people, but thats another story...
rogue_skydragon
I am hoping to travel to Istanbul in a few months. My work is allowing me two weeks of vacation time, so I'm planning on traveling Turkey for these two weeks, in hopes of finally seeing the Haggia Sofia and finding myself.
silverdown
animasyonokulu wrote:
hi guys
i work in istanbul butiq hotel

www.hotelsultania.com facebook.com/hotelsultania

check it internet iff you thing to come istanbul, best hotel for you.

I know this post is old but id be affraid you planning to smother me in my sleep and take my organs....
NOTE: this is sarcasm and the site really looks like a nice place to stay!
faten
thanks
lrj945
Istanbul is a great place to visit!

I really want to visit it. And I am curious about the arab culture. Very Happy
portoskt
my sister has just ocme back from there, she said its great city
faten
i went to it before its really nice country but the people thier cant speak english moreover they are very tuff Sad
portoskt
my sister visit this city last summer, she was full of impressions about it, and now first place i will visit in future is istambul, i hope in spring of 2012... and after i come back, ill write my impressions here for you guys
deanhills
portoskt wrote:
my sister visit this city last summer, she was full of impressions about it, and now first place i will visit in future is istambul, i hope in spring of 2012... and after i come back, ill write my impressions here for you guys
Agreed. Quite a number of my friends have visited Instanbul and not one of them have returned disappointed. They have all been completely impressed.

I still have to visit it too. Have not done much of travelling this year. However Turkey is near the top of my list.
portoskt
istambul is safe for tourists as any other city in europe, and not expensive at all... cool place to visit, for sure
memet21
jwellsy wrote:
Turkey can be a very dangerous place for a non-Muslim to visit.
http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/europe/turkey

i dont aggre with you ,because turkey not dangerous ,
i am from turkey diyarbakır
istanbul and diyarbakır very nice
rogue_skydragon
I definitely want to visit Istanbul someday. I was planning to go last Fall, but plans just fell through unfortunately. If anyone reading this is currently living in Istanbul and willing to house a wide-eyed traveler like myself, hit me up!
danijellipsans
city on my list for visit, yes, i hope in near future... all my friends who visited this city was impressed
hakaner
lrj945 wrote:
Istanbul is a great place to visit!

I really want to visit it. And I am curious about the arab culture. Very Happy


Turkey is not an Arab country. So, If you curious about the arab culture, you won't find so much about arabic stuff in there. Only a few tourist places have that kind of stuff.
rogue_skydragon
i want to visit istanbul sooo terribly
sonam
jwellsy wrote:
Turkey can be a very dangerous place for a non-Muslim to visit.
http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/europe/turkey


I was working 7 days before last year in Instanbul, drive around town, eat and drink and I haven't any problem.

Sonam
skhoteldelhi
Istanbul is the great place for tourists, I will come surely istanbul and spend some days in your hotel
samanyolu077
I'm from İstanbul. Great country!
Augustus456
I have a plan to go Istanbul for some business tour with my co workers. We shell stay here for a week and I think this is a good information for me and my co workers.
Related topics
Liverpool win Champions league
UEFA Champions League final
İstanbul Forumu
[OFFICIAL] What are you currently reading?
Firsts and Mosts in Galatasaray History
Formula 1
Photo of your city
Here Is My Beautiful City ISTANBUL
my travelling pictures of thailand -laos-cambodia- istanbul
Istanbul Preparing for Major Auto Exhibition
some nice places from Turkiye
ISTANBUL PARK'DA YARIŞ VAR
Google‘dan Istanbul‘a 1 Gb
istanbul tips
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Travel and Countries

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.