FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bad Breathe

gandalfthegrey
I have bad breathe. Nothing can seem to get rid of it entirely.
Alcoholic mouthwashes and regularly dental cleanings seem to help a bit, but I'd like to find something that can get rid of it as much as possible.

Someone suggested I chew mint. Does anyone know if this works or has any other suggestions?
watersoul
I don't know a huge amount about the 'ecosystem' that is our mouth, but I do wonder if the alcohol mouth wash could also wipe out 'good' bacteria resulting in the side effect of bad breath?

I use salt water to mouthwash and it works for me. As I said, this is not something I've actually researched, but the simple saline option seems less dramatic in it's effects than some 'over the counter' products.
metalfreek
Raw Onion is a good breathe cleaner. Take one raw onion two times a day and see what happens.

No side effect here.
deanhills
Have you tried the following home remedies?

Gargle with baking soda in warm water every morning.
Eating parsley
Try and work on alkalizing your system with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Fruits with high enzymes such as pineapple particularly can be helpful.
Drink freshly squeezed lemon in half a glass of warm water with a teaspoon of honey, or two table spoons of apple cider vinegar in half a glass of warm water, first thing in the morning.
Make sure you are not constipated as bad breath in many cases is a sign of bad digestion and constipation. If this is the case, it may be advisable to see a nutritionist or your doctor as maybe you need to clean out your system.
jwellsy
Do you have any dental cavities that need to be taken care of? See a dentist.

Do you smoke? Try quitting.

Do you have a normal amount of saliva, or does your mouth stay kind of dry? Chew gum to keep the saliva flowing.

Try breathing through your nose more when you are near others. Ask some one close to you if exhalation from your nose is similar to from your mouth. A respiratory infection could do this. If you had an intestinal issue then your colon gas would probably be affected too.

Do you eat a lot of onions or garlic? Some cultures eat whole cloves of garlic every day just like other cultures may eat an apple a day. Those people get so saturated with garlic or what ever their spice of choice is that it affects how they smell. No matter how much they bathe and clean they just can't escape secreting those oils from the pores in skin and lungs.

When you brush your teeth be sure and brush your gums and tongue too, and floss.