FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Automatic disable of replies?

adri
I have just created my New Year resolution essay and wanted to make a reply about it in the blog of Bondings, but I couldn't. Now I thought, - Nothing weird, he just disabled his replies - (although I can't remember that Bondings has done that before because almost everyday there are new members who post a comment on his blog) but then I looked at my blog and it seemed that the replies are also disabled in my posts*. Now I can't remember that I ticked the 'Disable Replies' button and i know by default that I allow comments on my posts. And yes, I did click the 'Allow Replies' button when I created my post because watersoul replied on my latest post*.

So my question is/was: Is it normal that the comments function is being closed automatically after a few days? And how can you avoid that? (I like to have comments on my blogposts Smile )

Mentioned blog posts:
New Year's resolutions essay competition by Bondings
* Cleaning my computer... by me/adri (I re-enabled the comments, so actually nothing to see there)

adri
Bondings
It's not normal. I don't know why it happened. Maybe a bug in my code.

I think I already noticed quite a while ago that my blog posts were closed and I thought it was a staff member who closed it due to spam-like comments. However this time it seems like it affected all blog posts.
adri
Looks like the disabling of comments happens rather quick because I just checked and the comments are disabled again and I only enabled it this morning (whilst posting my first post)...

Quote:
I think I already noticed quite a while ago that my blog posts were closed...

Yeah, I noticed it a while ago too, but back then I wasn't too bothered. Razz But as it happens quite quickly after posting a blog post, it is rather annoying, because you don't get any feedback on your thoughts etc. Confused

I hope the bug gets fixed soon!

adri
Bondings
I'll probably remove the whole enabling/disabling of comments for now and make it enabled for every blog post considering most blog posts are with commenting enabled (or at least were before the problem).