FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flv file problem

frenz4ever
I'm running windows7 smoothly on my system for more than 6 months.About a week ago i came to face a problem with opening flv file.Files that were working fine before which i have opened in my system are not working now.When i click on those files my cpu uses is 100% and my pc is just hanged.I can't resolve this problem.What is the problem that is causing it?Any solution.
adri
What video viewing programs have you installed? Normally, VLC payer (download here) can play everything, also .flv .If that would not fix the problem (which I highly doubt) than you just install some extra codecs or you could download a codec pack, where the most important codecs are included, like K lite codec pack.

adri Smile
FunDa
What software do you use to open flv files.

VLC can open flv files, but sometimes does not handle them well.

The colours do not render properly and there might be vertical lines.
A dedicated flv player would be able to play the FLV files properly.

I think there are several of those simply called "FLV player" I had used one of those when I used to download youtube videos, but stopped doing that a while back.

If you get the flv files from youtube, try to get one with integrated youtube downlaoder, if u would like it that way.
frenz4ever
I have installed k lite mega codec and i use windows media player for playback.I haven't tried VLC yet.
Even Total Video converter can't convert them to other format nor give preview.I remember all those files were working before.Is the version of klite causing it?
ocalhoun
frenz4ever wrote:
Is the version of klite causing it?

I have klite and a stand-alone flv player, and haven't had any problems... though I always open flv videos in the dedicated player, not through the klite codecs.
FunDa
frenz4ever wrote:
I have installed k lite mega codec and i use windows media player for playback.I haven't tried VLC yet.
Even Total Video converter can't convert them to other format nor give preview.I remember all those files were working before.Is the version of klite causing it?

Would be better to open flv files in a dedicated FLV player. With codecs installed, it might work, but my experience that there are errors with the FLV codecs in VLC also. So although all files do play, some files have artefacts of colored lines
airh3ad
Did you check your flv file? maybe it corrupted reinstalled the flv applications maybe fix the problem.FLV data file is open in memory. In most cases, headers or parts of the data file are not saved to disk causing the data corruption or the application to fail. Other causes of corruption are physical problems with the storage media, hardware malfunctions, natural causes, viruses, software errors, and human errors. In some cases of extreme corruption, data recovery of FLV files may not be possible because data recovery tools for Flash Videos are not available just try it.
ankur209
try downloading and installing the FLV Player....or you can try the Vlc
rockpan
have you tried update you klite ?
mukesh
VLC is super fantastic player install and try it.
tamilparks
mukesh wrote:
VLC is super fantastic player install and try it.
airh3ad
When using FLVPlayer as the player, I've got no issues, hopefully, and thanks to you. Smile

But when I use the normal player, I can play some flv files, and I can't play some flv files... That's really weird...

And another weird thing about my laptop's default Media Player, is that 3 things might happen when I try to play an flv file:
1) No problems occur, and I manage to see the file.
2) I don't see the video at all, and I see the error about the player being unable to play that format.
3) I manage to play the file, but it'd be too slow.
PhillFry
Free DRM Removal is available now. This soft only unprotect the media, It's also one of the best audio and video converters.
Asap170
Have you tries a different file? It may be that the file is corrupt. If not I would use VLC because it plays basically everything without installing codec's that tend to piss me off and use up resources for klite I believe it does run as a startup program. I may be incorrect haven't need it for quite some time.
fileb0x
frenz4ever wrote:
I'm running windows7 smoothly on my system for more than 6 months.About a week ago i came to face a problem with opening flv file.Files that were working fine before which i have opened in my system are not working now.When i click on those files my cpu uses is 100% and my pc is just hanged.I can't resolve this problem.What is the problem that is causing it?Any solution.

Try to update your Adobe Flash Player from the main page. http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

As suggested, do install VLC Media Player, as it is an excellent software supporting a vast majority of playback formats and functions. Visit their project home page at the following link - http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

There should also be a prompt in VLC that can repair corrupted files before playback initiates. Attempt to load the file and repair prior to playback.
FunDa
airh3ad wrote:
When using FLVPlayer as the player, I've got no issues, hopefully, and thanks to you. Smile

But when I use the normal player, I can play some flv files, and I can't play some flv files... That's really weird...

And another weird thing about my laptop's default Media Player, is that 3 things might happen when I try to play an flv file:
1) No problems occur, and I manage to see the file.
2) I don't see the video at all, and I see the error about the player being unable to play that format.
3) I manage to play the file, but it'd be too slow.

That happens to me also.

Somehow the flv codec is not properly playing the videos. Looks like there is no standard flv codec.

Hope that video formats are kept open and licence free to allow all free softwares to do it properly.

Sometimes even VLC is not able to play some FLVs properly
kaiwei
I may be incorrect haven't need it for quite some time.
mukesh
frenz4ever wrote:

Create a new user account and open flv files in Vlc player or FLV player.
I think problem must be solve.
flamepjlh
frenz4ever wrote:

Maybe something wrong with your decorder.                             

Sad