FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problems with new home made PC

MonkeyWrench
I have a new motherboard and pc and when i start it up, i get the bios, and after that it just shuts down. Does anyone else have any ideas what could be wrong?
TheGeek
So it boots up to the BIOS. Ok that is just asking you to save a BIOS configuration since its a new MOBO. All you should have to do is save it and then make sure your XP disk or whatever your using is in the CD drive and you should be good.

If this still persists, try messing with the boot options in the BIOS, you may need to specify what media you wish to boot off of.
blackant
You mean when you are in the bios, the pc shut down?
Maybe you want to check whether the fans are all working?
Krespov
Yeah TheGeek is right, make sure that it detects the IDE units (Hard disk, CD unit, etc) then, set the boot sequence. All this is done at the CMOS.
If you need to know how to get to the CMOS, just press the delete key when the PC stsrts!!
MonkeyWrench
no geek is wrong, blackant is right, the fans clips dont all go down, one side was clipped in, somehow i managed to get the opposite corners in and now its fine Smile.[/quote]
SnowBlind
i think that all you got to do is to format you hard drive and re-install the windiws program
MonkeyWrench
try reading snowblind its not the hard drive. just a pathetic attempt at earning points Laughing