FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New server on DirectAdmin

Bondings
I'm glad to inform you that Frihost now has a second server with the DirectAdmin control panel. As of now, all new accounts will be created on that server. All features will remain the same on the second server.

The new subdomains will be something.frih.net. I suppose the shorter subdomain will be appreciated by many new users. DirectAdmin is much easier to use and loads much faster. It also has less bugs. However, there are a bit less features and there is no automatic script installer (yet).

For existing people on the first server, almost nothing will change. The big advantage, however, will be the server load. It should decrease a lot without newly created accounts.

I would also like to ask every hosted member to remain active on this forum and, if possible, advertise us all over the internet in order for us to pay the increased server costs and keep Frihost growing. Very Happy
foggy
This is good news! I'm glad frihost has obtained another server. I've actually never used DirectAdmin as a control panel so I probably won't be able to help people get things done in it as much as cPanel, but from what you say it sounds good.

Congratulations on frihost's expansion.
boringest
hmm...the only thing i like about directadmin is that it allows gz files to be extracted easily, but does not allow zip files though...

Anyway, it's great that Frihost now has 2 servers!
Krespov
This is great, hope that improvement continues!!!
Bondings
-locked- to prevent spam.