FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Congressional Constitution Classes

jwellsy
The new incoming Congress is already looking forward. The Republicans are going to have weekly classes on the Constitution that they are sworn to uphold and protect. What a concept. Too bad this didn't start and become a tradition about 40 years ago.

deanhills
Now that is an awesome idea. Are they going to broadcast it online, as I would be very interested to learn along .... Smile
Voodoocat
Awesome idea! I hope that all Congressmen, new or incumbent, not only attend but decide to adhere to the Constitution. That would put an end to bailing out private industry, foreign banks, and forcing citizens to buy health insurance even if they don't want it. What a concept!
liljp617
Voodoocat wrote:
Awesome idea! I hope that all Congressmen, new or incumbent, not only attend but decide to adhere to the Constitution. That would put an end to bailing out private industry, foreign banks, and forcing citizens to buy health insurance even if they don't want it. What a concept!

Probably wouldn't. We're talking about Democrats and Republicans here...
ocalhoun
liljp617 wrote:

Probably wouldn't. We're talking about politicians here...

Fixed ^.^

Don't hate the players, hate the game; it's the way the system is currently contrived that forces corruption and hypocrisy.
deanhills
Voodoocat wrote:
I agree with Ocalhoun. It's the system that is at fault. For example giving Congress less than 24 hours to read through the Health Reform Bill of almost 2000 pages. There should be a law against lengthy laws like that ..... bottomline however is that Government has grown apart from the people. It is serving itself more than it is serving the people.
standready
deanhills wrote:
I agree with Ocalhoun. It's the system that is at fault. For example giving Congress less than 24 hours to read through the Health Reform Bill of almost 2000 pages. There should be a law against lengthy laws like that ..... bottomline however is that Government has grown apart from the people. It is serving itself more than it is serving the people.

I totally agree with both of you. All those elected officials serving their own interest instead of their constituents and the country.