FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

TRON: Legacy

rogue_skydragon
The sequel to the Disney's cult classic was released to American theaters 17 December, and has skyrocketed to the top of the domestic box office. Tron Legacy, directed by Joseph Kosinski, stars Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, and Jeff Bridges (who reprises his role as digital mastermind and Encom CEO Kevin Flynn of the first film).

What are some of your thoughts after having seen the film? Great story? Bland story? Visual eye candy? Rip it or love it, I wanna hear it!
gandalfthegrey
Its good, but I still prefer the original.
rayxzero
This movie is more good on CG cause of the technology today but the original still have a good story.
menino
Till date I still haven't seen the original Tron.
I'd heard about it so much during my teens, but never got the video.
I saw only a bit of it on tv once, but didnt continue, as I wanted to watch it from the beginning.

I will download Tron now, and also watch the legacy after that.

But Tron was a major sci fi movie ahead of its time. How it was done was amazing at the time.
Radar
menino wrote:
Tron was a major sci fi movie ahead of its time. How it was done was amazing at the time.

As a tangent, I think that's part of the problem with making sequels. It's very hard to live up to the original. Can you imagine any movie made today ever being described as ahead of it's time? We have so many films filled with effects at the moment that it's hard to distinguish what's special from what's expected.
standready
Looks interesting but I will wait for the DVD.
rogue_skydragon
Quote:

As a tangent, I think that's part of the problem with making sequels. It's very hard to live up to the original. Can you imagine any movie made today ever being described as ahead of it's time? We have so many films filled with effects at the moment that it's hard to distinguish what's special from what's expected.

Verrry good point. One can argue that Jim Cameron's Avatar was ahead of its time...but C'MON, who we kiddin?

Anyway, I thought Tron Legacy was absolutely mind-blowing in terms of visual effects. Heck, the fact they made Jeff Bridges look a couple decades younger was insane. But the story was indeed lacking, and I would have loved to see some risque scenes with Olivia Wilde ;P Disney just held a tight leash on this film.
silverdown
I plan to see it when it the DVD comes out or I get the DVD whichever comes first. I like to be able to stop if I need to and in theatre you can't
dude_xyx
I haven't had chance to watch this one. I was told all those effects were great.
rayxzero
dude_xyx wrote:
I haven't had chance to watch this one. I was told all those effects were great.

This movie has a simple and confusing story, means it is really bad at first to last.
marstrott
TRON: Legacy has been one of the most promoted films of the year. The real star of the film is Garrett Hedlund. It's fantastic effects certify the sequel as being the most visually appealing film. I loved this film! Technically incredible on just about every level.
Blummer
I also enjoyed it. Beautifully done sequell, with perfect concept art and stunning effects. The costumes are also good.